Just. Don't. Suck (Part 1)

Woke at 211.0 lbs.

I forgot to mention that yesterday was eight weeks since my surgery.

3 Likes

I’m in. I think this is a pretty awesome plan, and certainly help get us ready for transformation 2020.

1 Like

You could even go ahead and make it. Drop the warning! We’re probably all feeling bad about ourselves as summer draws to a close

1 Like

I could, but I don’t take making a thread lightly (unlike some people). I fear that it’s a bit too early and people will forget. But I guess a simple thread bump would always bring it back to the top of the list… :thinking:

3 Likes

I’m in too, always good to work with others to stay on track.

1 Like

I’m in.

1 Like

Random Push Workout

DB PUSH PRESS
50 x 10
55 x 8
60 x 6
65 x 4
70 x 6
Goal is to hit all reps and then do a plus set on the final set. The goal reps is 2; anything more is a bonus and indication that the weight needs to go up. This was the progression I used back in my early days and it worked great. Not really sure why I stopped.

Superset with

RFESS (SMITH MACHINE)
45 x 10 ea
65 x 8
75 x 6
85 x 4
95 x 10
Waaaaayy too light, but after Monday’s sets with a 100 lb DB, I didn’t really want to kill myself.

SA DB INCLINE
50 x 10
55 x 8
60 x 5
60 x 4
65 x 3

LEG PRESS - TABATA
316 x 20, 20, 20, 20, 20, 17, 15, 16
This had me wondering why I even bothered with RFESS. For a guy with no real leg goals, this was probably enough for the whole week. I think this was slightly better than two minutes of leg press, but I also used less weight.

FINAL SUPERSET

SA CABLE FLY AMRAP
50 x 20, 14, 12

LAT CABLE RAISE AMRAP
20 x 14, 12, 11 + 20 partials

NEUTRAL GRIP SA PRESS DOWN AMRAP
40 x 22, 15, 12 + 12 partials

This took much longer than I thought it would - around 45 minutes. Solid session. This is actually the workout I put together prior to all this talk about committing to a program for four months. I have five weeks to decide if I want to run this or really commit to something outside of my comfort zone - High Intensity Interval Bodybuilding.

@kleinhound @anon96032531, The CrossFit Games are not disappointing. There are live streams in multiple languages. I’m watching on barbend . com. They’re running team events 2 & 3 right now. Event 2 is synchronized rope climb and worm thruster event. As soon as they finish event 2 (which has an 18 minute time cap) they do a seven minute team clean and jerk total (event 3). Event 3 is awesome to watch! Heat two is about to start.

3 Likes

Ive been following since 10pm EST here in Aus, have a mutual friend over there who linked up the keg run
That looked nuts, castro has really amped up the events this year
Cant see a huge difference in placings this year other than Kara, but should be a cracker of a week

1 Like

Castro likes to brainstorm events that will trip up the champs. I’m sure we’ll see something new that he hopes Fraser will suck at.

1 Like

Lots and lots and lots of running :joy:

1 Like

I feel like they should throw some 1v1 Mars wrestling or something in there

3 Likes

I think Sam dancer would dominate that event

Been away for a couple of days J and the log i piling up.

I’m in, I’ve doing a jump start. Started this week, vacation next. Then I’m on to 17 weeks of a strength linear progression, goal is 1RM SBD.

3 Likes

Woke at 211.8 lbs.

If I attempt this carb cycling thing then I’m scheduled for 2500 cals, 210g P, 125g C, and 135g F today. That’s my low day. My high or training day is 3000 cals, 210g P, 375g C, 80g F.

Those are both completely doable. I fear that the calories are too high but I followed the recommendations. We’ll see how it goes. Those are 75% and 90% of maintenance.

I want to see 205 lb the scale yesterday. :laughing:

2 Likes

Maybe I missed this, but where are you pulling this from? Just curious. I clearly have no dietary discipline, so it’s a hypothetical for me

1 Like

@kleinhound purchased a 30 day challenge and shared the info with me. There are several approaches, but the one I’m considering is more of a maintenance phase.

Four days a week I’ll be at 90% of maintenance with 50% carbs. The other three days of the week I’ll be at 75% of maintenance and 20% carbs. I’m nervous about using 3300+ calories for “maintenance” but I’m not worried about gaining on this approach. If I maintain weight then it’s a win. If I lose weight then it’s a bonus win.

I’m going to be lifting every other day and doing my cardio and abs on the off days so I’ll just have my high days on lifting days and the low days on the cardio days. I should be able to manage that since there won’t be multiple low days in a row.

The original approach is three days of low carbs/calories and one high day, then repeat. That’s a cutting approach. I chose the option that’s closer to maintenance.

3 Likes

4 Likes

That looks fucked

I always thought a games event should be double murph

1 Like

Well, it’d definitely cut the field in a hurry. Some of the top competitors damn near went to the hospital on regular Murph a few years ago. I guess they could do it at like 1am for added fun. It would eliminate the heat stroke factor… or at least decrease it.

I’m currently watching them do Mary. HSPU, pistol squats, and chest to bar pull ups. I can’t do any of those movements. :joy:

3 Likes