Giants Vs. Titans

[quote]FightinIrish26 wrote:
harris447 wrote:
Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory once again: these are your New York Football Giants.

Fuckin’ typical.

Three months till spring training…I’ve already got my Bosox shit out.

My Giants are dying a slow, pathetic death. I want Coughlin’s head on a fucking pike.[/quote]

Yeah, why didn’t our parents teach us not to be Red Sox and Giants fans at the same time???

[quote]Wiggum88 wrote:
Eli Manning sucks ass. They should trade him and pick up Brady Quinn in the draft. For the past 3 years Eli has shown very little in the way of confidence and I don’t see him getting any better.[/quote]

I was thinking the same thing yesterday…only problem is, who the hell would want Eli???
I say they should just start over…

1. Let Tiki and Strahan retire
  2. Make Jacobs the #1 back
  3. Trade Eli for any draft pick you can get
  4. Lose all the rest of the games and draft Troy Smith or Quinn

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
Did he think he was in the grasp? Was he afraid of a roughing call?

I have never seen anything like tha before. It was bizarre.[/quote]

I have no idea. I just remember everyone saying “what the fuck was that?!” when we were watching the game. Does anyone know if he commented on it?

GashMan wrote:

Kiwanuka, what the fuck was that? 4th and 10, around 2min to go, he has Young all wrapped up and he just lets him go! If he takes him to the ground … GAME OVER!

To my (admittedly biased) eye, Young was in the grasp and the play should have been whistled dead.

Even if Kiwanuka thought that Young had thrown the ball, he should have kept him wrapped up!

This is just Pop Warner stuff they’re getting wrong.

[quote]harris447 wrote:
Zap Branigan wrote:
GashMan wrote:

Kiwanuka, what the fuck was that? 4th and 10, around 2min to go, he has Young all wrapped up and he just lets him go! If he takes him to the ground … GAME OVER!

I have never seen anything like tha before. It was bizarre.

To my (admittedly biased) eye, Young was in the grasp and the play should have been whistled dead.

Even if Kiwanuka thought that Young had thrown the ball, he should have kept him wrapped up!

This is just Pop Warner stuff they’re getting wrong.

[/quote]

Definitely, because since it was forth down. You take him down BEFORE he gets to the first down marker= GAME OVER. They really need to get there act straight if they play win any games in the future.

Linder

GashMan wrote:

I think if you had a gimped up/pocket passer only QB like Bledsoe, then they would likely call in the grasp.

But not with a mobile qb like Young. I would think that if Young is outside the tackles - the refs have to consider him a viable rushing threat, and nothing short of a full, on the ground tackle would stop the play.

Watching Eli crash and burn has been one of the best things about this season. One thing is for sure: He is nothing like his big brother.

Anyone want to take a bet on the Cowboy-Giant game next week?

ELI MANNING YOU SUCK!!!

[quote]rainjack wrote:
Zap Branigan wrote:
GashMan wrote:

I have never seen anything like tha before. It was bizarre.

I think if you had a gimped up/pocket passer only QB like Bledsoe, then they would likely call in the grasp.

But not with a mobile qb like Young. I would think that if Young is outside the tackles - the refs have to consider him a viable rushing threat, and nothing short of a full, on the ground tackle would stop the play.

Watching Eli crash and burn has been one of the best things about this season. One thing is for sure: He is nothing like his big brother.

Anyone want to take a bet on the Cowboy-Giant game next week?

[/quote]

I disagree about the “in the grasp” ruling…

Every ref calls it a different way and I think at the rules conference this off-season, hey have to formalize it to a 2 count, 3 count, whatever.

Kiwanuka was damned if he did on that play, because the refs are too fucking quick to throw their flags for Roughing the Passer if you even look at the precious little sweetheart QB’s wrong.

About the bet…I’l take it, fucker, even though I have no faith ion my beloved Giants, especially against a surging 'Boys team coming off ten day’s rest.

How about this: we lose, I’ll post a picture wearing a TO jersey and my cowboy hat.

You lose, I want a pic of you in a Giants jersey (of your choice) and a couple big gold chains around your neck.

Man enough?

[quote]harris447 wrote:

Every ref calls it a different way and I think at the rules conference this off-season, hey have to formalize it to a 2 count, 3 count, whatever.

Kiwanuka was damned if he did on that play, because the refs are too fucking quick to throw their flags for Roughing the Passer if you even look at the precious little sweetheart QB’s wrong.

About the bet…I’l take it, fucker, even though I have no faith ion my beloved Giants, especially against a surging 'Boys team coming off ten day’s rest.

How about this: we lose, I’ll post a picture wearing a TO jersey and my cowboy hat.

You lose, I want a pic of you in a Giants jersey (of your choice) and a couple big gold chains around your neck.

Man enough?
[/quote]

I think the in the grasp ruling should be relative to the QB that is in the grasp. But that’s neither here nor there - the Giants would have found a way to lose regardless.

But I’ll take the bet.

I may have to borrow a Giants Jersey, and take my pic under the cloak of darkness. I’m pretty sure I could get my ass kicked for wearing such an abomination.

You want I should also don a leather jacket, and maybe borrow some of your tan-in-a-can - that is, on the outside chance that Dallas loses?

[quote]rainjack wrote:
harris447 wrote:

Man enough?

I think the in the grasp ruling should be relative to the QB that is in the grasp. But that’s neither here nor there - the Giants would have found a way to lose regardless.

But I’ll take the bet.

I may have to borrow a Giants Jersey, and take my pic under the cloak of darkness. I’m pretty sure I could get my ass kicked for wearing such an abomination.

You want I should also don a leather jacket, and maybe borrow some of your tan-in-a-can - that is, on the outside chance that Dallas loses? [/quote]

You may feel free to accessorize however your chastened, wind-swept heart feels is necessary to show your humility and shame in backing the wrong team.

Bet’s on. Everyone is a witness. Pix will be posted by Monday evening at the latest.

On the off-chance of a tie, Professor X has to post a video of himself in a sun-dress singing, “A Whole New World,” from Alladin.

OK, I calmed down a bit since Sunday and I still have my NY avatar.

The Giants are funny. They’ll lose to subpar teams but they’ll come back next week and beat the Cowboys… I hope!

Can’t blame Kiwanuka so much as that play was the result of the NFL’s roughing the passer rules. He thought Young threw the ball and he didn’t want to take a penalty like he did against the Texans David Carr.

Young plays like a QB/running back, as does Carr, Mcnabb, Vick, ect. When these guys run how can a defender expect to know if the QB is going to run out of bounds or go for the extra 2 yards for a first down.

If the defender lets up the QB gets a first down. If he goes to make the hit and the QB steps out, it’s impossible for all 250lbs of linebacker to avoid contact in that brief second. I say unless the QB is sliding feet first he’s just like anyone else on the field.

In my opinion the QB’s are coddled too much. Sometimes the contact is so minor like a defenders hand just grazing a QB’s helmet and that would be called a personal foul. It’s football and there’s gonna be contact!

I am curious to see if the G-MEN make any adjustments ( personnel, plays) for next weeks game. As I’m sure all you GIANTS fan’s know if we beat Dallas we’re back in first. Some defensive players start coming back and everything can turn around. Bottom line MAnning has to step up and take control of the offense.

[quote]harris447 wrote:
Bet’s on. Everyone is a witness. Pix will be posted by Monday evening at the latest.

On the off-chance of a tie, Professor X has to post a video of himself in a sun-dress singing, “A Whole New World,” from Alladin.

[/quote]

HAHAHA! Oh man, every scenario of this bet is win-win for me. I can’t wait…

As for the Giants fans in this thread, as a Steelers fan, misery loves company.