GI Joe Movie

I was watching the GI Joe movie and realized it was pretty good. Damn good. Better than alot of stuff on today. And then I noticed something.

Was Prof X a GI.Joe in a past life? Was he the infamous Roadblock?

Which one is this… the late 80’s movie where they’re fighting the snake-men and Joe and Cobra join forces, or the fairly recent CGI affair (which I have yet to see)?

1980’s, My friend, when movies were good…Predator, Robocop, Conan the Barbarian, Rambo 1, 2, 3, etc.

The one with the bad ass intro

“COBRA!!!”

Easily one of the best movies of all time. GI Joe American Hero

Someone find Prof X’s “Kneeling and Flashing Guns” pic so we can compare. If Prof X rhymes when he talks, then he is Roadblock.

Cobra-LA SUCKS. End of story.

[quote]Blood is Metal wrote:
Cobra-LA SUCKS. End of story.[/quote]

GOT TO AGREE COBRA WAS LAME!!!

[quote]brunottfn wrote:
Blood is Metal wrote:
Cobra-LA SUCKS. End of story.

GOT TO AGREE COBRA WAS LAME!!![/quote]

Seriously.

LALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALA!

WTF was THAT? HUGE departure from every other story that was ever told about the origin of Cobra and Cobra Commander. Not sure what that was about.

I believe the proper saying is:

COBRALA-LA-LA-LA-LA-LA-LA-LA-LA-LA-LA

But you can’t hate on nemesis enforcer.

[quote]WolBarret wrote:

But you can’t hate on nemesis enforcer.[/quote]

Of course; I left that part out. Horrible.

Yeah, Nemesis Enforcer and the drones / guards were pretty sweet. Golobuls and the entire story of Cobra-LA were super gh3y. The entire Serpentor thing comes in a close second. WTF was that all about?? (I mean, I know what it was about, but I really wish they hadn’t gone down that road and made Cobra Commander look like such a worthless pussy. For my money, the comics had it all right.)

[quote]Blood is Metal wrote:
WolBarret wrote:

But you can’t hate on nemesis enforcer.

Of course; I left that part out. Horrible.

Yeah, Nemesis Enforcer and the drones / guards were pretty sweet. Golobuls and the entire story of Cobra-LA were super gh3y. The entire Serpentor thing comes in a close second. WTF was that all about?? (I mean, I know what it was about, but I really wish they hadn’t gone down that road and made Cobra Commander look like such a worthless pussy. For my money, the comics had it all right.)[/quote]

I second Blood’s sentiments; whining pussies aren’t generally able to build world-wide terrorist organizations with billions in resources.

And, being long time fans of the comics, we knew about stuff like sleeper-cells (Crimson Guardsmen) and legit business fronts for terrorists back in the early-mid 80’s. Makes you wish our politicians had read more comics during Reagan’s America.

Oh, and as for Serpentor in the comics. Shouldn’t they have cloned/spliced the greatest warriors of history? Why the hell would they splice/clone all of the great dictators of history’s DNA? Shouldn’t Cobra Commander have been the least bit concerned that Serpentor might, I don’t know, want to usurp his power or something? Derrr…