GI Joe Movie!

GO JOE

Hell yea. Can’t come out soon enough. Trailer looks badass but I hope they keep some of the uniforms from the toys.

[quote]AngryVader wrote:

This is true. I remember the first time I think I saw Gordon-Levitt’s name attached to a film a few years ago and I remember thinking, "What?! That nerd from “3rd Rock? Who put him in a movie?” Then, I saw the guy act and realized that he actually does have talent.

I’m more concerned with Tatum at this point. The only thing I’ve seen him in was Stop-Loss and I don’t remember him standing out in that film. What kind of name is Channing anyway?[/quote]

Never trust a guy with two surnames: he could call himself ‘Tatum Channing’ and there wouldn’t be much difference. The most prominent thing about Tatum are his ears. I don’t get how he is scoring lead roles all of a sudden. The casting couch has a lot to answer for.

At least we are going to get some big-screen ninja action in the form of a Snake Eyes vs. Storm Shadow smackdown. Hopefully Stephen Sommers won’t ruin it by getting carried away with the CGI. He’s got potential as a director, but he tends to let an obsession with special effects get in the way of a good premise (e.g Van Helsing).

Hang on, maybe Channing Tatum is Hollywood’s first attempt at creating a fully digital performer. It would account for his complete lack of screen presence…

This could be a very good movie if its done right. The original idea that captured many of us as kids could do the same as adults, but it HAS to be done right. I really hope they get on it because this would be such a cluster fuck of all time if they screw it up. With all the CGI available today, they can really make this one hell of a movie. I do wish they would pick better actors for some of the characters. We will see I guess

I grew up on GI Joe just like many of you guys. This movie is going to suck. I’m going to not watch it just like with the last Indy. I figure if I don’t see it, it doesn’t exist.

This is going to be another bullshit Snake Eyes/ Storm Shadow lovefest. There was more to Joe than the fucking ninjas. Why the shit is covergirl in there buy no lady jaye?

This was every fanboy’s casting dream and it got totally fucked up.

Oh yeah, Beachhead was the man.

mike

[quote]Mikeyali wrote:

Oh yeah, Beachhead was the man.

mike[/quote]

Shut’yer mouth!

Shipwreck holds that title!

Beachhead was my first GI Joe.

And my wife (a redhead) disapointed me by absolutely refusing to go to see it dressed as Duke and Scarlett.

[quote]thr_wedge wrote:
Beachhead was my first GI Joe.

And my wife (a redhead) disapointed me by absolutely refusing to go to see it dressed as Duke and Scarlett.[/quote]

The cake toppers to our wedding cake were Beachhead and Lady Jaye.

mike

As a long time fan, I’m really glad to see this come out. It may “suck” by comic book/childhood memory standards, but it’s still cool to see this finally being made. I remember they were talking about the live action movie being made back in the early '80’s. I hope waiting 20+ years for it is worth it.

[quote]TYR wrote:
As a long time fan, I’m really glad to see this come out. It may “suck” by comic book/childhood memory standards, but it’s still cool to see this finally being made. I remember they were talking about the live action movie being made back in the early '80’s. I hope waiting 20+ years for it is worth it.

[/quote]

Dude, is your avatar from that weird dialogue-less comic where Snake Eyes jumps into that island fortress and fights Storm Shadow and a couple other ninja to rescue Scarlett?

Best ever. Thumbs up.

Hollywood has officially run out of ideas. Stay tuned for Cabbage Patch: The Movie. Strawberry Shortcake: The College Years. Barbie: Even Hookers Can Love. Bert and Ernie: The Truth. Hong Kong Fuey: Kickin’ and Sniffin’ Ass.

[quote]ProwlCat wrote:
Hollywood has officially run out of ideas. Stay tuned for Cabbage Patch: The Movie. Strawberry Shortcake: The College Years. Barbie: Even Hookers Can Love. Bert and Ernie: The Truth. Hong Kong Fuey: Kickin’ and Sniffin’ Ass.[/quote]

roflmao!

[quote]Norwell Bob wrote:

Dude, is your avatar from that weird dialogue-less comic where Snake Eyes jumps into that island fortress and fights Storm Shadow and a couple other ninja to rescue Scarlett?

Best ever. Thumbs up.[/quote]

Not quite. That was issue #21 of the comic. My avatar is from issue 95 (or so, I can’t remember).

Thanks though.