GI Joe Movie: Snake Eyes

Did old-school G.I. Joe tell us that “knowing is half the battle”? I’m not old enough to know.

[quote]BF Bullpup wrote:
Did old-school G.I. Joe tell us that “knowing is half the battle”? I’m not old enough to know.[/quote]

Nope. That one belonged to the 80’s.

…and now you know…

[quote]Professor X wrote:
joburnet wrote:
I think you’re thinking too highly of GI Joe. Have you watched an old episode lately? It sucked.

The original series may suck by today’s standards, but the movie they came out with “Cobra-la” or whatever the hell it was where one of the Joes gets shot for real (finally) changed a lot of that. It was the first time I remember seeing “cartoon blood” in a tv show before school.[/quote]
Duke was supposed to die, but due to the Prime backlash, the animators changed it. I think Ray Park can handle not speaking, Darth Maul was dubbed in he didn’t speak those lines. I had read one of the concepts was to include the original Joe(the guy with the scar) so that it would encompise the whole Joe history.
On a side note did you all know that the Transformers where a result of the original toy line? Takara had taken Gijoe and turned into the micro man line(micronauts here), and the robots where piloted by micro man, that’s why the orignal line had some hatches to fit tiny figures and why the dinobots and insecticons had hatches in their chests. Yes I am a fucking nerd

No, old school GI Joe sucked. They were Barbies. The 80’s joes were where it’s at. I still buy one from time to time on ebay so that way my future sons will have real toys to play with. And Snake Eyes was a joke compared to Beachhead.

If you want to see some pretty cool joe today you can subscribe to the Devil’s Due comics. They do a good job. The art is great and it’s sufficiently violent.

It pisses me off that it’s international. That’s like making a movie about the moon landing and making IT international. The moon landing was ours and so was GI Joe. Hell, they may as well come out and tell us that shipwreck was transgendered and that Lady Jaye was a lesbian (wait, that’s actually a good idea.). The Dreadnoks and Major Bludd were Aussies and the Red something or other were Russians. Leave it at that.

Anyone ever see the internet cartoon where the kid asks, “Then what’s the other half?” The joe answers, “Killing those Goddamn communists.”

Okay, I need some alone time, I’m still stuck on the idea of a Lady Jaye/Scarlett sandwich.

mike

Is that Chuck Norris?

[quote]pookie wrote:
Is that Chuck Norris?
[/quote]

Why not -lol

Didn’t William ‘The refrigerator’ Perry join GI Joe? (as well as Sargent Slaughter now that I think about it). I’m pretty certain that TC is actually in the Joe Reserves to this day.

S

I hate to admit that I’m kind of looking forward to this movie… GI Joe and Transformers were some of my favorite cartoons and toys when I was younger. The Joes were especially great for getting shot with bb guns and blown up with firecrackers…

[quote]pookie wrote:
Is that Chuck Norris?
[/quote]

LOL…and he went Braddock on their asses…and dismembered them all.

All…man I remember having damn near all the 80’s GI Joes,Star Wars,and Transformers. Having all out wars and destroying them all…and then realizing they were all dead…and cried cause I killed them all.

[quote]pookie wrote:
Is that Chuck Norris?
[/quote]

I was a member of GIJoe

[quote]Mikeyali wrote:
No, old school GI Joe sucked. They were Barbies. …[/quote]

Barbies with automatic weapons. The 80’s ones were cool in their own ridiculous way but the old ones ruled.

[quote]pookie wrote:
Is that Chuck Norris?
[/quote]

It actually looks like me.

Chuck is bringing his “own” kind of justice!!

holy shit snake eyes

cums

twice

[quote]Xen Nova wrote:
holy shit snake eyes

cums

twice[/quote]

U R UBERGHEY

[quote]pookie wrote:
Is that Chuck Norris?
[/quote]

I believe that would be shipwreck and the 80’s 3.5" guys are the best screw you old dudes and bearded barbies with guns:)

[quote]The Mighty Stu wrote:
pookie wrote:
Is that Chuck Norris?

Why not -lol

Didn’t William ‘The refrigerator’ Perry join GI Joe? (as well as Sargent Slaughter now that I think about it). I’m pretty certain that TC is actually in the Joe Reserves to this day.

S
[/quote]

you are correct, and I owned both of them, a TC joe that would rock!

[quote]Cpl. Mongo wrote:
pookie wrote:
Is that Chuck Norris?

I believe that would be shipwreck and the 80’s 3.5" guys are the best screw you old dudes and bearded barbies with guns:)
[/quote]

That is an old GI Joe. I have one with black hair and beard, reddish hair and beard (the one my kids say looks like me) and the beardless version of the bionic man.

My only 80’s Joe happens to be Snake Eyes and his wolf.

[quote]Big_Boss wrote:
OK…I have found numerous articles stating that G.I. JOE is going to be an acronym for Global Integrated Joint Operating Entity…an INTERNATIONAL force…based out of Brussels!!! .[/quote]

G.I. Joe…a real “global integrated joint operating” hero?

No that fucking sucks.

[quote]Big_Boss wrote:
OK…I have found numerous articles stating that G.I. JOE is going to be an acronym for Global Integrated Joint Operating Entity…an INTERNATIONAL force…based out of Brussels!!! Now that kind of shat on my parade a lil bit…oh well. A straight political WTF.

I hope thats the highest level of bullshit from this movie. I hope.[/quote]

Those rumors have been going around for a while, with the usual internet fan shit-hemorrhaging, so Hasbro actually released a statement to set things straight. It’s the same GI Joe it was in the 80’s and they’re based out of the Pit. I’ve read elsewhere that the main villain in this film is Destro, which they’ll use to set up for Cobra Commander in the inevitable sequel. Here’s the Hasbro link:

http://www.hasbro.com/gijoe/default.cfm?page=News/Item&newsid=F285F255-D56F-E112-46FAEBF95750D7E9

I love Gi Joe, but I can already tell this movie is going to be a horrendous piece of shit…

I mean, we are talking.

A live action filmed based off a cartoon that was only really cool when you were 5.

The only reason I’ve watched Joe in recent history was to indulge in the beauty of reagan-era propaganda, if you get rid of that then…you’re left with street fighter the movie level trash.

Where Guile is a UN agent…ya you remember…or you’d rather not.

Maybe if they base this off the comic books by image…will this movie have a chance.

But I doubt it…this whole film is made to sell toys, so viewer beware, you are in for a total piece of shit.