GI Joe Movie: Snake Eyes

What do ya guys think?? Ray Park going to do Snake Eyes justice??

Shit, he has no lines to read and simply has to act out his emotions through his movements. If he can effectively pull off “Toad”, I have no doubt he can do this. It helps that he at least knows martial arts.

I think you’re thinking too highly of GI Joe. Have you watched an old episode lately? It sucked.

[quote]joburnet wrote:
I think you’re thinking too highly of GI Joe. Have you watched an old episode lately? It sucked. [/quote]

The original series may suck by today’s standards, but the movie they came out with “Cobra-la” or whatever the hell it was where one of the Joes gets shot for real (finally) changed a lot of that. It was the first time I remember seeing “cartoon blood” in a tv show before school.

another pic

[quote]Professor X wrote:
Shit, he has no lines to read and simply has to act out his emotions through his movements. If he can effectively pull off “Toad”, I have no doubt he can do this. It helps that he at least knows martial arts.

[/quote]

Well…Darth Maul said what?..maybe three lines in Episode I? This GI Joe movie seems to be moving along pretty fast…I’m suprised that they released these pics. Well,then again…they’re setting us up to go see this damn movie…as if we’re not anyways. Anticipation is a mu’f’ka.

[quote]Big_Boss wrote:
Professor X wrote:

Well…Darth Maul said what?..maybe three lines in Episode I? This GI Joe movie seems to be moving along pretty fast…I’m suprised that they released these pics. Well,then again…they’re setting us up to go see this damn movie…as if we’re not anyways. Anticipation is a mu’f’ka. [/quote]

They released Transformers photos almost a full year in advance.

OK…I have found numerous articles stating that G.I. JOE is going to be an acronym for Global Integrated Joint Operating Entity…an INTERNATIONAL force…based out of Brussels!!! Now that kind of shat on my parade a lil bit…oh well. A straight political WTF.

I hope thats the highest level of bullshit from this movie. I hope.

Big_Boss wrote:
Professor X wrote:

Well…Darth Maul said what?..maybe three lines in Episode I? This GI Joe movie seems to be moving along pretty fast…I’m suprised that they released these pics. Well,then again…they’re setting us up to go see this damn movie…as if we’re not anyways. Anticipation is a mu’f’ka.

They released Transformers photos almost a full year in advance.[/quote]

Yeah…true…must be a Hasbro thing.

[quote]Big_Boss wrote:
OK…I have found numerous articles stating that G.I. JOE is going to be an acronym for Global Integrated Joint Operating Entity…an INTERNATIONAL force…based out of Brussels!!! Now that kind of shat on my parade a lil bit…oh well. A straight political WTF.

I hope thats the highest level of bullshit from this movie. I hope.[/quote]

Think about it though. They have to avoid any current issues of terrorism and create a world where the greatest terrorist threat involves some guys who have a snake fetish.

I would set up shop in Brussels too.

lol

joburnet wrote:
I think you’re thinking too highly of GI Joe. Have you watched an old episode lately? It sucked.

“…“Cobra-la” or whatever the hell it was…”.[/quote]

lol…we were saying that shit in muay thai class last week.

Big_Boss wrote:

I hope thats the highest level of bullshit from this movie. I hope.

Think about it though. They have to avoid any current issues of terrorism and create a world where the greatest terrorist threat involves some guys who have a snake fetish.

I would set up shop in Brussels too.

lol[/quote]

Soldiers here are going to go ape shit when I tell them this…lol. G.I. Joe is the only reason some of them even joined up …lol

The original series may suck by today’s standards, but the movie they came out with “Cobra-la” or whatever the hell it was where one of the Joes gets shot for real (finally) changed a lot of that. It was the first time I remember seeing “cartoon blood” in a tv show before school.[/quote]

I remember that. I thought the blood was a little too pinkish. But I still loved that movie, my favotrite GI Joe character of all time is Destro. I thought he was the ultimate bad ass bad guy, him and Zartan.

I was at the Wal-Mart last week, and they are selling the old school GI Joe figures. I picked up Cobra Commander, (the one with the hood), Zartan, a Cobra trooper, and a Cobra Sabotuer. They didn’t have Snake Eyes, or Destro.

[quote]skaz05 wrote:
Professor X wrote:
The original series may suck by today’s standards, but the movie they came out with “Cobra-la” or whatever the hell it was where one of the Joes gets shot for real (finally) changed a lot of that. It was the first time I remember seeing “cartoon blood” in a tv show before school.

I remember that. I thought the blood was a little too pinkish. But I still loved that movie, my favotrite GI Joe character of all time is Destro. I thought he was the ultimate bad ass bad guy, him and Zartan.

I was at the Wal-Mart last week, and they are selling the old school GI Joe figures. I picked up Cobra Commander, (the one with the hood), Zartan, a Cobra trooper, and a Cobra Sabotuer. They didn’t have Snake Eyes, or Destro.[/quote]

Old school GI Joe was way before Cobra Commander and the rest. Old school GI Joe was about a foot tall and was totally bad ass.

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
skaz05 wrote:
Professor X wrote:

I was at the Wal-Mart last week, and they are selling the old school GI Joe figures. I picked up Cobra Commander, (the one with the hood), Zartan, a Cobra trooper, and a Cobra Sabotuer. They didn’t have Snake Eyes, or Destro.

Old school GI Joe was way before Cobra Commander and the rest. Old school GI Joe was about a foot tall and was totally bad ass.

[/quote]

True

Yeah but they didn’t weren’t as flexible like the little ones are. The little ones were perfect for playing with when I was little.

I think the foot tall ones didn’t move quite as good as the little ones because they were into bodybuilding.

And all the cartoons from when I was a kid suck today. Probably because they are made for little kids… That didn’t stop the Transformers movie from kicking some ass.

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:
Yeah but they didn’t weren’t as flexible like the little ones are. The little ones were perfect for playing with when I was little.

I think the foot tall ones didn’t move quite as good as the little ones because they were into bodybuilding.[/quote]

They were non functional.

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:

[/quote]

I’m not old enough to remember OLD old school GI Joe. I grew on the 80’s GI Joe.

My friends and I used to tape M-80s on our GI Joes, bury them, and blow them up. FUN.

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:
That didn’t stop the Transformers movie from sucking major ass, as all Michael Bay films do.[/quote]

Fixed.