Ghrelin, Marinol and Eating Lots

What are suppliments for, but to make things easier? Easier protein synthesis, easier blood flow, easier everything else…
why, if there are so many ‘hardgainers’ out there is there not a product slurping up teenager’s money which helps people stomach massive amounts of food. I would have thought since there is so much research going into the systems which help loose fat, reducing hunger, increasing metabolism, wouldnt it be easy to reverse engineer and make a niche in the health market for weight-gainer amino-products that use the same system?

Firstly I wanted to know if there are any Ghrelin products available, pescription or not I don’t care. I originally thought of this because there are anorexic people who are studied on for Ghrelin: it is related to some eating disorders.

Also, has anyone ‘heard’ of anyone that has tried using Marinol to help gain weight? What are the drawbacks on protein synthesis from taking the not-aforementioned substance? Is it like alchohol, where protein synthesis basically rolls to a stop whilst under the influence?

Does anyone else have ideas of supplements or medication etc that help stomach massive amounts of food?

[quote]A pharmaceutical product, Marinol, is widely available through prescription. It comes in the form of a pill and is also being studied by researchers for suitability via other delivery methods, such as an inhaler or patch.

The active ingredient of Marinol is synthetic THC, which has been found to relieve the nausea and vomiting associated with chemotherapy for cancer patients and to assist with loss of appetite with AIDS patients. [/quote]

It sounds good on paper. I would’nt mind eating more. If someone could make a product without the adverse side effects, I’d be all for it.

cough Biotest cough

Your best bet right now is probably something like marijuana. Peptides you may see more of in the future in this field. Ghrelin is still a relatively young peptide and it’s full pharmaceutical uses in man have yet to be fully defined.

It may work differently in an anorexic person than a normal person. There are other peptides in early developmental stages that may one day see the market however… not for a while though…