GHR and Reverse Hyper Workouts

Just wondering how some of you dudes use these two awesome movements. I finally have access to both again. I’m currently doing a 4-day split: on Monday I do a workout centered around the squat and bench; on Tuesday I olympic lifts. On Thursday the workout is centered around deadlifts and the bench and back to explosive lifting on Friday.

Anyhow, on Monday and Thursday I do 3 sets of 6 reps with the heaviest weight I can muster on the GHR. On Tuesdays and Fridays I do the GHR again for 3 sets of 10 with 50% of the weight I used on the previous day and then hit the reverse hyper for 3 sets of 8 with the heaviest weight I can muster (I also the reverse hyper for a few sets every workout with very light weight as part of my warmup).

Just wondering how some of you guys incorporate these 2 movements in your workouts.

GHR on Wed and Sat or Monday 6-8reps x 4sets

I alternate hyperextensions with weights every other session to finish my Olympic lifting. Other alternate session is ab work.

8-10 sessions a week, 3 lunchtime squat sessions, 3 OLift evening sessions, 2 lunchtime condition sessions, 2 evening hurdling sessions

Koing

GHR Mondays and Thursdays.3-4 sets 0f 5-10 depending on if Im holding weight or not.I dont always have access to a Rev. hyper but when I do, about 4sets of 10 to 12.I really need to bite the bullet and buy one.

Not too much of a fan of the Rev. Hyper, but it’s a good prehab tool and gets some blood in the lower back.

GHR is the money maker.

[quote]tigerak02 wrote:
Not too much of a fan of the Rev. Hyper, but it’s a good prehab tool and gets some blood in the lower back.

GHR is the money maker.

[/quote]

While I give you that GHR’s are maybe better for the hamstrings, you can’t discount Reverse Hypers.

I hurt my back DLing and could pull for over a month, the only thing I could do was Hyper, and I hit a 30 pound PR the first time back testing my pull, so they must work.

I think the trick is that you have to go really heavy…like between 360-450 lbs for sets of 10.

My current gym has neither, but GHRs were a money exercise of mine in the past when I worked out else where.

I would impliment it almost every week as an accessory for a conjugate training style. Reps and sets varied depending on the week. I even started implimenting bands, definately helped me get damn strong.

I’ve never gotten a chance to use a rev hyper, I’d really like to get one at my gym.

GHR’s with a band around the neck are awesome.