GHR Alternatives

I know that no one exercise can help the posterior chain than GHR’s, but can there be some other combination so i can hit this area just as effectively? I dont have a GHR.

NGHR or band assisted NGHR

I guess i could just get some one to hold my feet and do it that way. Makes sense.

[quote]jpetras wrote:
I guess i could just get some one to hold my feet and do it that way. Makes sense.[/quote]

If you plan on doing them unassisted, they are very very hard. You can do negatives, but be sure to catch yourself before you bust your nose.

You can also use a barbell with a pad or something to hold your feet.

Using the barbell sounds good, it wouldn’t be awkward like someone holding my feet in that position. I’m sure i can rig something for assistance in that health club i go to.

ball leg curls

sometimes you can use the lat pull down or the seated cable row machine. depends on the set up of the machine…

I found a set-up similar to this works best for me. It makes a big difference if you have a ‘toe-plate’ or other means to brace the foot. I do them backed up against a wall, this guy uses the frame of the machine. I also do some calve raises before these.

Glute Ham Raise Alternative - Phil Felice - YouTube

When I was at a commercial gym I used the lat pull down by kneeling on the bench and hooking my feet under the knee pad.

At home, I do this: - YouTube

Looking at the video above, I wish I had a squishy half ball. Those look easier on the knees.