T Nation

Ghost Hunters on Sci-Fi

Anyone else like this show?

Yes! Did you see the one last night? “leave me alone” freaky shit man!

Is this like all the other bullshit ghost hunter shows?

As in the only proof being people making claims of what they’ve “seen”, and also repeated suggestion of how random sound bites may sound like certain words until the viewer believes it?

The EVP they recorded in the episode last night clearly was a voice saying “Leave me alone.”

[quote]Mutu wrote:
Is this like all the other bullshit ghost hunter shows?

As in the only proof being people making claims of what they’ve “seen”, and also repeated suggestion of how random sound bites may sound like certain words until the viewer believes it?[/quote]

You really need to see at least one investigation, it is not like most paranormal shows in that they won’t consider a place “haunted” unless they get evidence that they consider to be legit.

Admittedly sometimes I think the “evidence” is crap, but the most recent episode had a clear as day “Leave me alone” disembodied voice on their audio recording.

When it is that clear it really isn’t a question of the power of suggestion or sound matrixing or whatever

Sounds interesting, I’ve always liked these shows but soon got tired after watching the same thing basically every episode.

Until I catch this one I’ll take your word on the voices. My skepticism was due to an earlier episode I saw on Discovery where the voice appeared to say “go die” or something of the sort, but that was after the investigator suggested what it was saying. Later on a different investigator made the same exact voice say “apple pie” or “super fly” or some shit like that through the same type of suggestion.

[quote]StevenF wrote:
The EVP they recorded in the episode last night clearly was a voice saying “Leave me alone.” [/quote]

Sounded more like “Leave Britney alooooooone!!!” to me.

I’ve watched many episodes. Great fun. But do I believe in it? Not really. I mean, really… don’t you think that if the “ghosts” wanted to shake us up, they’d do it in a much bigger way than moving a lamp 8" across a table in the span of 6 hours?

My girlfriend is obsessed with this show. I think she has seen almost every episode. I only watch it if they are going some place interesting and if no action happens in the first 10-15 mins I go do something else. The International show is pretty good but I don’t like the guys that do that show. I wish it was the original Ghost Hunters and not those douche bags.

As a complete skeptic of all things paranormal, I would love to be on one of these shows as a voice of reason.

I would also be the only grown ass man not running around screaming like a little girl because there is a draft in here and I’m picking up a lot of EMF activity by this microwave.

[quote]pookie wrote:
StevenF wrote:
The EVP they recorded in the episode last night clearly was a voice saying “Leave me alone.”

Sounded more like “Leave Britney alooooooone!!!” to me.
[/quote]

The ghost of Kevin Federline?

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:
I’ve watched many episodes. Great fun. But do I believe in it? Not really. I mean, really… don’t you think that if the “ghosts” wanted to shake us up, they’d do it in a much bigger way than moving a lamp 8" across a table in the span of 6 hours? [/quote]

I agree. I give credence to the possibility of ESP or a direct phenomenon of mental telepathy or the like over the presence of ghosts who simply like to say, “Leave Britney Spears alone” in a soft whisper for the camera.

I think our own mental energy is largely untapped so I would go looking for answers there before I thought Betsy Ross’ ghost was sewing all of my bed sheets together at midnight.

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:
.[/quote]

I believe in ghosts so I find the show intesting. I have no idea if these geeks are legit but it’s interesting to watch. I used to watch it more but they all seem to be the same after a while.

[quote]Professor X wrote:

The ghost of Kevin Federline?[/quote]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XE0dYZiJVs

[quote]pookie wrote:
Professor X wrote:

The ghost of Kevin Federline?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XE0dYZiJVs[/quote]

WTF!!!?

Why is this not being spread virally across the internet?!!!

This is funny as shit!!

“Leave her alone!!!” “You are lucky she even performed for you bastards!!!”

Why is this not being spread virally across the internet?!!![/quote]

It was. Last year, right after Britney’s rather lackluster comeback…

[quote]pookie wrote:
Professor X wrote:
Why is this not being spread virally across the internet?!!!

It was. Last year, right after Britney’s rather lackluster comeback…

[/quote]

Britney had a comeback?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aiqkDm9UoKo&feature=related

I hate I missed this when it hit the first time.

Britney had a comeback?[/quote]

Exactly.