T Nation

GH for Tendonitis?

I’ve been in Thailand for nearly a year now training MMA and Muay Thai, but the last 5 months I’ve been plagued with joint pain in both elbows. A physiotherapist said it’s tendonitis, specifically golf-elbow in one arm and tennis-elbow in the other. This is quite a common injury in MMA but I’m getting desperate to treat it.

When symptoms first appeared I took 5 weeks off, but the pain returned almost immediately I started training again. I’m now sidelined again as the pain became excessive and simple tasks like taking the garbage out cause discomfort. Stretching, ultrasound and massage have all helped relieve pain but have not resolved the problem.

I want to know if hGH (or anything else) is known to help with recovery from acute injury like mine. A friend has recommended hGH Peptide 1-29 Modified and GHRP-2 as a starting point for treating tendonitis. I admit I don’t know much about any of this kind of stuff but I’ve read as much as I can find on them and I’m finding a lot of conflicting and confusing information regarding their healing properties. If these are the wrong drugs to be taking or if there are others more suited to my purpose I can acquire them quite easily, so I’m open to suggestions.

My main concern with using any kind of steroid/GH is my liver - it doesn’t work very well (I have Gilbert’s syndrome) - so I’m keen to avoid anything that will strain my liver excessively.

I’m 27 and have been lifting naturally for about 5 years if that is relevant. Becoming stronger/bigger is not important, I’m looking at this purely as a recovery/rehabilitation tool.

I’m very grateful for any advice or assistance, even if it’s just a link to some intelligent articles. Thanks

Active Release Therapy

I have been fighting RA for three years, allot of the same pain and the only thing that has helped is cortisone shots. One every month in the butt and every three months i drain both knees and fill with cortisone. I have been researching the HGH for fighting the RA but not enough back ground research out there
8MG Decadron
40MG Depo Medrol
this could help

Holy crap…I never heard of cortisone in the butt so its IM to be released all over your body via bloodstream? Not the traditional shot into whichever joint is hurting bad (like a specific shoulder issue or what not?)…every month and then specific to knees every 3 months, is that not degenerating all the tissues around your knees in addition to what is the long term toll of monthly IM shots of cortisone might be?

If you didnt have the liver issues the guys on the AAS forum might be able to give advice about Deca, as it has lots of folklore(could be legit or not Im not the one to ask I have no clue) surrounding it as helping the immune system, joints, and connective tissue repair.

Have you tried the chondroiton/MSM/glucosamine route? I doubt its available in Thailand but you can get MSM IVs that are mega dosed and supposed to help, along with Vitamin C and other nutrients and anti oxidants in super high doses in IVs that may help tissue repair.

But yea, laying off training intensity, good physical therapy, ART+other types of massage and deep tissue work, active recovery, hot/cold whirpools, etc there are lots of modalities to try to help soft tissue issues worth looking into but I dont know about outside the US, plus its expensive…and often the smartest thing is to back off training for a period which none of of really like doing…

[quote]crossfitbulldog wrote:
I have been fighting RA for three years, allot of the same pain and the only thing that has helped is cortisone shots. One every month in the butt and every three months i drain both knees and fill with cortisone. I have been researching the HGH for fighting the RA but not enough back ground research out there
8MG Decadron
40MG Depo Medrol
this could help[/quote]

Have I been lied to about the tissue killing effects of cortisone?