Getting There, Down From 324

i always did alot of heavy lifting when younger.
i was 324 pounds, (huge excess fat, but large amount of muscle too.

this is me slimmed down to 200 pounds, obviously lost alot of muscle as i was dieting (wasnt really caring, as long as i felt better ;])

only now can i actually see how my muscles are doing, and was after the usual “this, this, this, this and this could use some work…but this, this and this are fine”

im coming into the final stretch, im at 18% body fat and am aiming for 12%.
for this last part i have increased my commitment/knowledge and routines 10 fold in order to preserve the muscle i have left, but whilst im doing lots of resistance training anyway what should i pay a little extra attention to do you think?

personally i think my biceps, neck and chest are a little weak.

this is where the people who know their stuff come in! gimmegimmegimme ;]

Congrats on losing all that weight. It’s a long road im sure.

Umm not really sure what your looking for, and it’s hard to say anything without knowing your current diet/routine and some history.

You don’t really have enough development to start picking out weak/lagging parts yet, (and some lose skin, not bad though at all for coming down from 300+) , bottom line, everything just needs to get bigger. So just keep lifting heavy, and eating right.

you deserve a lot of credit for being able to lose all that weight- not easy! Follow a good diet and workout program, and you should do great.
Paul

Heres an update on what ive done since i first joined T-Nation about 6 weeks ago:
please feel free to critique any non optimal choices ive made.
what im doing here is working for me so i dont feel the need to change it, however i may plateau again soon so ill be

looking for suggestions to kick it up another notch if and when that happens ;]

Workout Day:
7.00am = 2 egg + 2 egg white omlette, onion/red pepper. 1 chicken breast with skin.

10.00am = Multivit+min, Omega 3, Omega 369, green tea extract.

500g turkey, 3 cups green veg(brocolli, asparagus, green beans usually), 1 cup mushrooms or tomatos. 1 tblsp coconut oil, 1

tblsp olive/flax oil. - Divided in 3 and eaten at 10am, 12noon, 3pm.

6.00pm = Whey Protein + water. (whilst working out)

7.00pm = PWO shake - berries/banana, semiskimmed milk, oats, whey powder.

8.00pm = either fish/chicken/beef (alternating), 2 cups green veg, 1 cup mushrooms/tomatos, 1 tblsp of either

olive/coconut/flax oil

green tea extract with each meal.
Non workout day is the same but without the whey protein and water and without the PWO shake.

below is my fitday.com breakdown (not including fish oil suppliments) Over 1 month, including carb+cheat days.

grams 	cals 	%total 

Total: 2510
Fat: 104 932 39%
Sat: 31 277 12%
Poly: 13 117 5%
Mono: 28 248 10%
Carbs: 147 488 20%
Fiber: 25 0 0%
Prot: 238 953 40%
Alcohol:5 35 1%

at 6 foot 1 inch and 204pounds 19% BF my recommended intake in cals was 3300 ish, and after removing 20% of that for fat

loss purposes i ended up with 2670 ish.
so im quite close with my average cal intake of 2500.

workout:
1 day HIIT (6 circuits of 200m dash, 6 burpees, 12 push ups, 24 squats - all bodyweight only)
1 day Core bodyweight exercises (20 or so exercises(e.g front and side planks, rhomboid raises, lunges with side twist), 30

reps each, back to back - no rest)
1 day rest.

rinse and repeat above 3 days, with cheat/carb reload day every 10 days(on a rest day)

starting stats:
205 pounds
waist 36 inches
thigh 24.0
upper arm 14.5
Chest 43.5

18.62% bf

(166.829 lean mass)

1 month on:

weight 202 pounds
waist= 34.3 inches
chest= 43
thigh= 24
upper arm = 14.2

15.53% fat

(170.6 lean mass)

so following the above program ive lost about 6-7 pounds of fat and gained about 4 pounds of muscle.

ill be posting new pics after the completion of my 2nd month on this programme.

thanks T nation!

have you got a back moustache or that just a trick of the light?

yeah id say back mustache sounds about right, and the line of hair up my front looks like a tuilip apparently.

;]

right so using a TNT/carb cycling/cheat day dietary basis and rosstrainings HIIT and full body workouts,
aswell as numerous other things picked up front trolling these forums (e.g fish oil, green tea extract, nutrition specifics, recipes, exercise variations) and importantly the support of being in an online community like this one - has finally moved me off the 3 month plateau i was inhabiting.

the 1st pic is me 4 months ago.
the 2nd pic is me 1 month ago (having spent 3 months living healthly - didnt do me much good)
the 3rd pic is after joining T nation, and 4 weeks after implementing the new info i attained here.

back and front flex changes in the last month.
finally moved some midsection fat!

Great job on the weight loss. IT IS TOUGH to change those habits…great Job!

Just to put it all in perspective:

June 2006 (im on the left):

And here is 2007 May—>September—>October---->mid-november

[quote]chutec wrote:
And here is 2007 May—>September—>October---->mid-november

[/quote]

Awesome changes, man. Keep doing what you’re doing. It’s working for you.

Congrats on losing that much weight! I know what its like, i used to weigh 230lbs. It looks like you have come a long way and are driven enough to keep moving forward. Once again congrats, and good luck!

<3

Props to you man… your progress is inspiring. Now add some muscle to that frame!

Hats off to you!!! Congrats on such a huge accomplishment. No excess skin…you look great.

;->

B-3

i think im around 14-16% bf and im trying to decide if i should be stopping the fat loss and bulking a while or if i should keep cutting fat till below 10%

check my last pics…does the most recent picture look like 9% bodyfat?

i just used calipers and foolowing the t nation guide and calculations i have 8.72% body fat.

i have a distorted view of how i look so its hard to tell if i really am 9% or not.

i dont think so, surely at 9% i could see all of my abs and i would have better shape on my chest?

obviously i know its all about your individual body!

what do you think?

[quote]chutec wrote:

i just used calipers and foolowing the t nation guide and calculations i have 8.72% body fat.

i have a distorted view of how i look so its hard to tell if i really am 9% or not.

i dont think so, surely at 9% i could see all of my abs and i would have better shape on my chest?

what do you think?

[/quote]
Are you fully relaxed (including your abdomen) in the pic?

[quote]Bonn1997 wrote:
chutec wrote:

what do you think?

Are you fully relaxed (including your abdomen) in the pic?
[/quote]

Oh and great job on the fat loss! I should have said that first!

Awesome job! Losing 124 pounds is absolutley amazing.
Now you just have to build up a good 25+ pounds of muscle and you’re set, welcome to the brotherhood of metal. Just work smart, put your all into it and eat right! Whomever is giving you crappy scores here at T-Nation (probably because your not “hyoooge”) deserves a kick in the balls…some of the people here are jackasses.