Getting the Flu Midway through Cycle?

what do you do? stick with your regimen or just end it?

[quote]Mike823 wrote:
what do you do? stick with your regimen or just end it?[/quote]

If you feel like crap, take a week off training to rest and recover. Maintain your dosages of gear and keep eating if possible. Evaluate at the end of that time whether you are ready to train again. If all goes well, it is nothing more than a bump in the road. The rest could actually do you good and you could come back with a vengeance after the break.

[quote]Dynamo Hum wrote:
The rest could actually do you good and you could come back with a vengeance after the break.[/quote]

Also my experience. Was lethargic for a half week and slept most of the time but after that I was also very energized.

funmetal

If you are near the end of the cycle you may opt to finish a week or two early… say if you are on week 8 of a 12 week-er it isnt really worth waiting as IME most of the gains have been accrued in the first 8 weeks and not training from week 8-10 is a large chunk out of the last 4 weeks.

If however it is in the beginning or during the full meat and potatoes of the cycle you might choose to wait… keeping dosages the same.
i am assuming you actually mean flu and not a bad cold, and with flu it can often mean 2 weeks out of the gym.

So if you were doing a strict 6 week cycle for example, and on week 3 you fell very ill with influenza - and then couldn’t train for 2 weeks… you will have likely ruined the full potential of the cycle and would probably opt to end it early, recover well sooner and re-start again quicker, minimizing time off.

If for example you were doing blast and cruise style ‘cycles’ you would possibly either continue at a high dose or drop dose for a week or two then resume…

It depends on your situation, drugs used and health… as well as age and social and personal factors.

Brook