Getting Stuck Midway on Full Squat

[quote]power_bulker wrote:
buckeye girl wrote:
power_bulker wrote:
Hanley wrote:
Hanley wrote:
You’re getting stuck just above parallel?

Show of hands from everyone who squats below parallel and when they don’t get smashed at the bottom find just above parallel to be the hardest point…

shows hand

My point is, that’s where the transition happens, and provided you actually come out of the hole, that’s where you’re probably always gonna get stuck with challenging weights.

I don’t think people will like this post. It doesn’t involve the use of box squats or bands. ;/

Yeah. Everybody knows that no one ever got a big squat without bands, chains, and boxes. Dumbass.

I didn’t say bands and a box squats wouldn’t help, far from it. Just that hanley’s point seemed to be the most valid when it came to the “sticking point” that every lifter on planet has when handling a certain poundage on any lift.

You can use bands and chains to get through it (no shit), but then you’re gonna add more weight, and find that you have this magical sticking point following you. It’s normal and its always gonna be there when you add more weight.

Not sure what’s with the rude tone of your post, did mine sound sarcastic or something? [/quote]

Classy answer considering the previous post. And you’ve picked up on exactly what I’m getting at.

But lets be honest, does it matter where you’re sticking point is if you can add 20lb to your squat?

[quote]BlueCollarTr8n wrote:
bearshark wrote:
That’s a common sticking point, no doubt. My .02:

-train your ab/ductors. that helped me.
-mentally focus on increasing velocity out of the hole, this will help you drive through that sticking point.

I personally do not feel that box squats help this sticking point, speed out of the hole and good form helped me more.

Best of luck!

Box squats or stalls will help with stability in the hole; but I agree with the above post. Speed!-Speed!!-Speed!!!

[/quote]

Would DE Box squats help?

[quote]power_bulker wrote:
buckeye girl wrote:
power_bulker wrote:
Hanley wrote:
Hanley wrote:

Show of hands from everyone who squats below parallel and when they don’t get smashed at the bottom find just above parallel to be the hardest point…

shows hand

My point is, that’s where the transition happens, and provided you actually come out of the hole, that’s where you’re probably always gonna get stuck with challenging weights.

I don’t think people will like this post. It doesn’t involve the use of box squats or bands. ;/

Yeah. Everybody knows that no one ever got a big squat without bands, chains, and boxes. Dumbass.

I didn’t say bands and a box squats wouldn’t help, far from it. Just that hanley’s point seemed to be the most valid when it came to the “sticking point” that every lifter on planet has when handling a certain poundage on any lift.

You can use bands and chains to get through it (no shit), but then you’re gonna add more weight, and find that you have this magical sticking point following you. It’s normal and its always gonna be there when you add more weight.

Not sure what’s with the rude tone of your post, did mine sound sarcastic or something? [/quote]

My sarcasm wasn’t obvious?

[quote]buckeye girl wrote:
power_bulker wrote:
buckeye girl wrote:
power_bulker wrote:
Hanley wrote:
Hanley wrote:

shows hand

Not sure what’s with the rude tone of your post, did mine sound sarcastic or something?

My sarcasm wasn’t obvious?[/quote]

Normally I’m good at picking it up… I think you need to go more over the top for it to be REALLY obvious.

power_bulker wrote:
buckeye girl wrote:
power_bulker wrote:
Hanley wrote:
Hanley wrote:

shows hand

Not sure what’s with the rude tone of your post, did mine sound sarcastic or something?

I thought it was obvious…

<-----Ass-kissser

power_bulker wrote:
buckeye girl wrote:
power_bulker wrote:
Hanley wrote:
Hanley wrote:

shows hand

OHHHHH, I get it now. Nice one

My 2 cents, If you have access I would try lifting off of pins. Place the pins at sticking point and place the bar with weight at pins. Then squat from pins. Pretty good workout builds the hips really well. Bud Jeffries was really big on these for awhile.

Do power rack isometrics with the bar at your weakpoint(midrange) 2-3 times per week!!! Does wonders for bringing up lifts!!!