Getting Started

I am looking to get into shape. I am asking for any advice that anyone could give me to do so. First let me explain my situation. I am a full time college student and do not have much money to spend. Having said that I can’t really buy suppliments unless they are really worth it. I have access to a student rec center that has cables, free weights, various weight machines, and cardio equiptment.

My idea of being in shape is to have a good balance of strength and cardiovascular endurance. I know it is hard to do both at the same time. I have done some reading on this site and have trained with some personal trainers. I am not really up to speed with all of the terms and jargon.

I am not looking to get bashed, I just would like to be informed. Any information would be great, if there is any more information that I can provide to help just ask.

thanks.

[quote]DCS101 wrote:
I am looking to get into shape. I am asking for any advice that anyone could give me to do so. First let me explain my situation. I am a full time college student and do not have much money to spend. Having said that I can’t really buy suppliments unless they are really worth it. I have access to a student rec center that has cables, free weights, various weight machines, and cardio equiptment.

My idea of being in shape is to have a good balance of strength and cardiovascular endurance. I know it is hard to do both at the same time. I have done some reading on this site and have trained with some personal trainers. I am not really up to speed with all of the terms and jargon.

I am not looking to get bashed, I just would like to be informed. Any information would be great, if there is any more information that I can provide to help just ask.

thanks. [/quote]

Have you read the “Are you a Beginner II?” at the top of the beginner forum?

Are you a beginner? is the place to start. As far as supplements, food, rest and hard work are all ya really need. Something like Grow and Surge can help make the process easier though.

I’ll thrid the suggestion of reading the “Are You a Beginner?” thread, along with the “New to T-Nation?” thread.

Don’t stress about supplements. As a beginner, I’d invest in a quality protein powder like Metabolic Drive, and Surge for a pre/post-workout shake. Just keep it simple for now.