Getting Started: Diet, Routine, and Supplements

Intro
This is a follow on from my first post here a few months ago:
http://www.T-Nation.com/tmagnum/readTopic.do?id=1987625&pageNo=0#1989400

I’m trying to get my training routine back on track after 5 - 6 weeks out due to holidays and injury.
I realise that I have to get on top of my diet to make any gains and to aid this I’m using Tom Venturas Burn the Fat, Feed the Muscle as guidance.

Stats
So to get the stats done on myself:
Weight: 63.5kg
Height: 5’6

Goals
Increase lean muscle mass; decrease BF% to single digit figure. Lifting large numbers is not a priority - I’m more interested in physique.

Basal Metabolic Rate
I’m using the Harris Benedict formula to determine my basal metabolic rate as I don’t currently have an accurate BF% to use the Katch McArdle variant:

BMR = 66 + (13.7 X wt in kg) + (5 X ht in cm) - (6.8 X age in years)
= 66 + (13.7 x 63.5) + (5 x 167.64) - (6.8 x 30)
= 66 + 849.4 + 838.2 - 204
= 1570

= 1570 Calories/day

Total Daily Energy Expenditure
As work in an office environment I am sitting pretty much most of the day. Desk work has already given me forward rolling shoulders which I’ve had physio treatment and exercises to overcome. I go to the gym roughly 4 - 5 times per week as a casual user. Therefore, I’m stating my activitty factor is ‘moderately active’. I can now determine my TDEE:

TDEE = BMR x 1.55
= 2433

= 2433 Calories/day

Adjusting Calories to meet goals
This is a bit of a double edged sword. To reduce BF% the method is to reduce calorie intake by 15% - 20%. To increase muscle mass the method is to increase calorie intake by a similar percentage. Now, I’d rate my body type as mostly an Ectomorph (85%) with some traits of the Endomorph (15%) due to the high carb diet I am on which causes me to retain bf on my waist. My goals initially is to increase my muscle mass and then later on I’ll transfer into a fat loss/muscle maintenace style routine.

Calorie intake for muscle gain = TDEE x 115%
= 2433 x 1.15
= 2800

= 2800 Calories/day

Diet
This is where the biggest changes are to be in my routine. I normally eat 3 - 4 meals per day with the largest being dinner which I usually have between 8pm and 10pm. This shall be altered to hopefully have 6 meals per day (could be tricky due to work - alternatives would be welcom) split as follows:

Breakfast: 700 KCal
Mid morning: 100 KCal (*snack)
Lunch: 600 KCal
Mid Afternoon: 100 KCal (*snack)
Dinner: 600 KCal
Supper: 600 KCal

This is quite an increase on my normal calorie intake (~1900KCal/day) hence I shall be ramping it up slowly in order to let my metabolism adjust to the rise.

I am on a low protein diet which means that I get roughly 20g of natural protein per day. The remainder comes from synthetic supplements which I get on prescription. My goal is to aim for 50% Carbs, 30% protein, and 20% fats. How close I can get to this is something I’m unsure about at the minute as my carb intake is quite high and fat content very low. I can adjust the protein intake via the amount of supplements I take. Foods will hopefull be predomiantly fresh fruit and vegetables. Protein/fats/vitamins deficiencies will come from supplements. Although I hope to increase good fats though food intake somehow.

Questions
I am wondering do I need to have the high calorie intake every day or is it sufficient to only take this amount on training days…?
Is 2800kCal too much for me - it seems an awful lot as I’m trying to increase lean muscle mass and am worried that bf% will increase with this calorie intake?

I shall follow this with a posting on what supplements I intend to take.

Okay, so I now need to sort out my supplements and was hoping for some help for the members on here.

As I have PKU I’m on a naturally low protein diet - I’m getting about 30g of protein from natural sources per day. However, through supplements which have the amino acid I have an intolerence to stripped out (phenylalanine) I can get my protein intake up to about 1g protein per lb bodyweight - however I intend to go with the 30% formula from Ventura’s book.

I am thinking of the following supplements. Please comment if you think this is not wise or if any alternative would be better:

Supplements
Green Tea extract - increase metabolism
EFA’s - no fish in my diet so EFA’s need to come from supplemented source
IntraXCell Beta Alanine Carnosine Booster
BCAA’s (Scivation Xtend)
Dietary protein supplments.

Any comments?