Getting Smaller

Hi all,
I’m new to this forum so please excuse my ignorance.
I’ve read quite a few threads on many different topics but haven’t found what I’m looking for.
So…my question is this: I am 6’1",about 295lbs and just turned 40.

I want to get down to about 250lbs.
What is the most effective way to do this?
I have lifted on and off for about twenty years,and have seen good results with low carb diets. Then I read an article on eating/blood type and am a little hesitant,because the author tells me that “B” blood types should aviod animal proteins.

I am very confused.

You guys seem to have a pretty good understanding of nutrition,etc…
Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

Oh god, please don’t listen to the blood type diet. What a bunch of bullshit. Look through any of the articles here on dieting; they will help you out a lot.
I haven’t dieted, so I can’t offer any personal advice, but I’m sure people will tell you what’s worked for them.

I honestly don’t think you need any ‘diet’, per say. You should be eating a clean and balanced diet, of course. That itself can make a huge difference, depending on what your diet is/has been.

On top of that, start a regular training schedule. Work out 2 or 3 times a week. Over time, you’ll see your improvements, not overnight.

Find something simple and basic and use it. Don’t try to overcomplicate things.

I’m assuming that you don’t have as good of an understanding of proper nutrition as you would like. If you feel like spending the money, the e-book “Burn the Fat, Feed the Muscle” will properly educate you on how to eat. Honestly, you can probably find most if not all of that information on this site if you take the time to read through the articles but should you want it all summed up you might want to check out the book.

For training, Chad Waterbury just ran an article on this site that tweaked his 10X3 program for fat loss. Good luck.