Getting Sick Question

Hey not sure where exactly to ask this but I just have a quick question. A lot of my friends do this, and that’s when they get sick they don’t take any medication on purpose. When I say sick I just mean like a cold or flu nothing serious, but they refuse to take medication bc they feel there immune system gets stronger without the help of medicine and they are better off in the end.

Does that make any sense at all, does anyone else do that?

I’m the same way, I haven’t used over the counter or prescription drugs in years. Even when I get a nasty cold I just rely on sound diet and rest to get me better. Fuck drugs and drug companies!

That logic is faulty in the fact that you never get the same cold (or virus) twice. Once your body fights it off (with or without the help of medicine) you have developed the antibodies to ward off the same virus in the future. However, the cold virus (and flu virus, etc…) mutate and you then catch the new virus.

Having said that, I try not to take any medicine.

I too generally avoid medication, unless I have a really bad headache or something like that, then I might take some weak painkiller. I rarely get sick at all though. Taking any sort of drug for the flu, a cold or minor pests like that does not seem logical to me. Drugs are no miracle cure, and most have side effects too.

People take medication when they have colds, flus, etc… to treat the symptoms, not the cause.

The medications treat the coughing, sniffling, sneezing (read the rest of the Nyquil saying…).

[quote]JokerFMJ wrote:
People take medication when they have colds, flus, etc… to treat the symptoms, not the cause.

The medications treat the coughing, sniffling, sneezing (read the rest of the Nyquil saying…).[/quote]

Exactly.

So then why do so many people avoid medication, like the few that have posted already…they like sneezing, coughing and sniffling???

No drugs. The only remedies that I use is salt water, mouthwash, and echinacea.

If I have a sore throat I gargle salt or mouthwash. For sinus colds I’ll inhale salt water.

I don’t know if echinacea does anything, but it could at least give me the placebo effect.

Either way I don’t miss school or work, I just tough it out.

Echinacea is magical for a sore throat.

[quote]PF_88 wrote:
So then why do so many people avoid medication, like the few that have posted already…they like sneezing, coughing and sniffling???[/quote]

Some people don’t like the effect of unnatural chemicals on the liver, so they don’t take medicine.

Some people think that by not taking medicine their immune system will be super strong, so they just tough it out without medication.

Some people are too poor to buy medication.

Some people are too dumb to know what medication is.

Some people don’t realize they’re coughing, sniffling or sneezing until they’re better.

But i’m not a doctor and I’m not in business with Gallup, so I don’t know.