T Nation

Getting Ripped!

I’ve been doing powerlifting for a very long time, so I made up my mind and started a diet and lost about 10 kg’s, my BF wen’t real low. I was 80 and went down to 70. Noticed a lot of power loose but now I’m trying to get bigger but I’m very careful when it comes to food ""all clean and lean stuff’’ but the issue is my body gets back the same way it used to, like not very thick and ripeed, specially my stomuch like a fluffy belly if u wana call it. I still can’t get a thick tight biceps and stomuch it just gets back to it’s old shape even though my food is very clean!!! should I leave the old 5 of 5 kind of training and do 10 of 3 or something ? .
I eat a lot of fruits, like more than 8 apples a day does too much fruit make any problem?

One more thing, most of us at our gym are powerlifting team we usually train each muscle twice a week in order to increase strength fast, more like 5 of 5 routine.

I am relatively new as well, but since no one else has posted anything I will do my best to answer.

I’m having trouble understanding your goals. Are you trying to bulk again? If so, you are going to put on some fat as well as LBM … such is life. Bulk up to about 3-5 kg above your target weight, then cut down to the target weight to make your muscles show. That is the generally idea from what I understand.

Are you trying to stay at 70 kg? If so, you will still need to consume more food to build muscle, although if you do not bulk enough your gains will be very small if you try to follow the “clean bulk” BS principles. You cannot just add 5-10kg of lean mass without putting on any fat as well.

In terms of the fruits, assuming one apple is about 100 kcal, you consume 800 kcal just from sugary apples alone. That is probably about 1/3 of your RMR … from simple carbs. Try having 2 apples a day and focusing more on lean protein sources and complex carbs (fish, chicken breast, pasta, whole wheat and multigrain foods).

Also, if you are big into fruit, eat other fruits. I don’t feel it necessary to supply a list here. Apples are not the be-all-end-all of nutrition … no food is.

Do not focus on your biceps and stomach immediately. Strengthen up your posterior chain with squats and deadlifts to build mass and thickness, then sculpt the body.

Hopefully someone with more experience hops in here too. Good luck.

I just assumed whoever posted was a troll.

[quote]alablangy wrote:
One more thing, most of us at our gym are powerlifting team we usually train each muscle twice a week in order to increase strength fast, more like 5 of 5 routine.[/quote]

if you are powerlifting you dont train muscles you train lifts ?