Getting Ripped Support Group Part 3.1

Well, fellas, I’m about at the end of my 16 weeks of “getting ripped”. I’ve reached my goal of 10% BF, but my abs don’t look as good as I thought they would, probably from lack of heavy ab work and I might need to be at around 6-7% for them to show up good. But all in all, I’m extremely happy with the results still… going from 256 pounds at 24% BF to 214 and loosing 7” off my waist was a hard task but I couldn’t have done it without this website, Biotest products and literature, and a very special thanks to Jason Norcross, Joel Marion, Heb, Eric, Patricia and ko, mufasa, and many others !!.. without your specific help, knowledge, and motivation, I don’t think I would have made it, as a matter of fact, I know I wouldn’t have… I’ve survived the bachelor party with no damage, and a week from Saturday I’ll be getting married and off to Mexico, in the best shape I’ve been in my life at 31 years old. Now I’m looking forward to bulking/muscling up when I get back in town !.. thanks again, y’all !!.. –PODGE

CONGRATULATIONS!!! Well done!! Enjoy the payoff and good luck on the honey moon! P.S. - Have fun bulking.

Podge - Great job buddy! Congratulations. I’m proud of you. What you did is an ispiration to us all. Keep up the good work! Have a great wedding and honeymoon. I look forward to hearing about your progress once you start buliking.

Congrats on the new body, but more important congrats on your upcoming marriage.

Podge: well, you’ve also provided good info and feedback - so a hearty “thank you” to you, too.

Have fun on your honeymoon in Mexico! And a good job on your drop in BF% and sticking with your program!

Muy bien, Senor Podge! Enjoy Mexico; you earned it! Glad I could help, but you deserve all the credit.

Podge, you sound EXACTLY like me! I am in my 12 week of dieting and I have went from 212lbs. 18-20%bf to 190lbs. 10-11%bf. 10%bf was my goal as well, so I am a pound or two away. You think I would be happy, but I am pissed! MY ABS DON’T LOOK AS GOOD AS I THOUGHT THEY WOULD EITHER!! I now know I must get to 7-8%bf. Dammit!! More dieting! Oh well, its worth it to see the girls staring at you as you pull of your shirt and expose your ripped 6 pack!! Congrats on the weight loss and on your upcoming marriage!

Podge, I must have missed your posting when you first began this but what diet did you use?

THANKS EVERYONE !.. as far as my diet was/is, it’s basically my version of t-dawg. (i hate that name by the way) about 50g-100g carbs, 220-250g protein, and whatever it took in walnuts, flax and fish oils to get my daily calories to 1800-2100 a day. saturday i had a cheat day, which sometimes was pretty severe, but since i got right back on the diet the following days, it never hurt me, only helped my mood. the first 4-6 weeks i dropped a lot of weight fast, then it slowed up to just 1 pound or close to 2 a day. i did do versions of HIIT cardio 3 times a week (20 minutes each) for about the first 12 weeks, then i started doing more cardio 5 days on/1 day off, and it seemed to help me better. it broke me out of a rut and helped me get to 10%. yeah, it is disappointing that my abs aren’t chissled, loose-a-roll-of-quarters-in-them, but i have a deadline and didn’t quite make it, they do have a slight bit of resting definition, with the tan and right light, but that’s ok, i know a hell of a lot more about my body and how it responds to diet/excersize, and i know next time i’ll do 100% better. that’s the big secret to bodybuilding, finding out what works for YOU !

bump