Getting Rid of the Belly Fat

So about 4 years ago I had a motorcycle accident, broke my back, and gained about 60 pounds of fat. Doctor of mine set me up with a proper diet and I have lost almost 50 pounds.I lift everyday except weekends and crank out 1/2 hour on the eliptical. But… I’ll be darned if I cant get rid of extra belly fat or skin, what the hell can I do?

Age, height and weight might be helpful.

Any loss of energy or libido? Nocturnal wood? Morning wood?

If hormones are off, that is a tough battle to fight.

My understanding is that for 40+ guys belly fat can be the most stubborn to lose. Ive read testimonials of individuals that said they had to really lower BF% - to below 10% - before it even started to move. The rest of them would look ripped and they would still have the belly. It seems the only thing would be to just continue to lower the BF%.

[quote]KSman wrote:
Age, height and weight might be helpful.

Any loss of energy or libido? Nocturnal wood? Morning wood?

If hormones are off, that is a tough battle to fight.[/quote]

Quite right, I was in a hurry when I wrote this thread (going deepsea fishing)39 years old, 5’ 10" started out @ 200, 1 year later @ 168.
I honestly cant remember the last morning wood, still same sex desire though, energy loss, yes!

Have you tried a low calorie ketogenic diet? It always works wonders for me on the lower ab fat and love handles.

Mauro DiPasquale the author of the Anabolic Diet has also mentioned several times that this type of diet seems to burn fat in the tough areas where on a traditional diet that stubborn fat just doesn’t seem to budge.

He has a version called The Radical Diet that is a very low calorie version that I do for a couple weeks at a time when I need to strip the last 5-10 pounds which is always around my waist.

Mark, find yourself a dieatiton that warks with precontest bodybuilders. I never in my life had abs til I did my first show at 34.

[quote]Mark06C6 wrote:
I honestly cant remember the last morning wood, still same sex desire though, energy loss, yes![/quote]

You seriously need to get your hormone levels checked.

Even after you get your hormones sorted out, the belly fat will be the last to go. The only way I can stay lean is to eat 30 grams of carbs a day or less (a typical english muffin is about 44 grams of carbs).

[quote]Mark06C6 wrote:
I honestly cant remember the last morning wood, still same sex desire though, energy loss, yes![/quote]

Seconding KSman and Happydog – get your hormones checked –

Here is ADAM questionnaire about symptoms of low testosterone:

http://www.seekwellness.com/andropause/adam_quiz.htm

1. Do you have a decrease in libido (sex drive)? Yes No
  2. Do you have a lack of energy? Yes No
  3. Do you have a decrease in strength and/or endurance? Yes No
  4. Have you lost height? Yes No
  5. Have you noticed a decreased “enjoyment of life” Yes No
  6. Are you sad and/or grumpy? Yes No
  7. Are your erections less strong? Yes No
  8. Have you noticed a recent deterioration in your ability to play sports? Yes No
  9. Are you falling asleep after dinner? Yes No
  10. Has there been a recent deterioration in your work performance?

Do not overlook the genetic factor. I’m 6’, 170 lbs, 50 years old, and most people who see me admire the fact that I have pretty good cuts on my chest and legs, but I’ve had love handles since I was in 3rd grade!

I am by far the leanest male in my family, but it’s no wonder when you see my dad, brother, cousins why I’ve got a problem around my middle. If you’ve got a genetic predisposition to carrying your fat around your middle, it is VERY difficult to get rid of it. It can be done, but it’s HARD!

shit-can the elliptical and get to sprints. Get your hormone levels checked. Change your routine layout to something you haven’t done. If you are a 3set 8 guy, go to 8 sets of 3. Change is just a big a key in EPOC as intensity.

“It was found that physiological familiarity with an exercise modality, in this case running on a treadmill, yielded a lower EPOC than that of the non-familiar cycling task.”
O’Malley, W. L., Quinn, T. J., Kertzer, R. & Vroman, N. B. (1977). Effects of exercise modality on excess postexercise oxygen consumption (EPOC) in female runners. Medicine and Science in Sports and Exercise, 29(5), Supplement abstract 1109.