Getting Rid of Stubborn Fat

Hello
I’m off a lean bulk and am now cutting.
Funny thing is that I can see my abs (even un-flexed) but when I touch them, my skin feels weirdly soft. Also, when I pinch my skin, it is much thicker on and around my abs than on lets say my shoulders, arms…etc.

Truly ripped guys (<10% BF) have very nicely defined abs that look “hard” - i.e. I’d assume that the skin on top of them feels thin like paper (or like the skin behind my knuckles.
Given that my abs feel squishy-soft, I guess that I still have some fat to loose to uncover them completely…

Now, here’s my question: How long does it take (rough ball-park estimate) to get rid of this last stubborn layer of fat given that the entire abdominal wall is visible?

bit of a difficult thing to judge mate, I mean to get a rough timeline
can depend on a lot of things like Diet,Sleep amount of daily stress, then there are
other things that play a part that you would have to take into account would be type of weather you are permanently in, I mean colder regions will have a base layer of fat due to adaptation of the body to keep body heat in, whilst warmer regions have the opposite effect, area’s with more sunshine will have less ‘stubborn fat’

than area’s that don’t have that much sun, Like my home town :).
And even after that you are looking down to an individual’s metabolic rate and adaptation to calorie in takes blah blah. 30 people could comment here and give you 30 different answers.
I know this ain’t much help and didn’t answer the question but there are a lot of things that come into play
when it comes to weight loss.

Regards

DD

[quote]Milo13 wrote:
I’m off a lean bulk and am now cutting.[/quote]
What’s your current height and weight?

Can you toss up a pic?

The knuckle-skin thing is how stage-ready bodybuilders have been described. Not sure you need to get that lean, but your goals are your goals. Remember too that you need to have built the actual ab muscles for them to stand out. If you’ve been slacking on ab training, that should be addressed.

8 weeks, 16 weeks, no way to tell, man. Depends on your current condition, your training, nutrition, etc.

[quote]Milo13 wrote:
…nicely defined abs that look “hard” - i.e. I’d assume that the skin on top of them feels thin like paper (or like the skin behind my knuckles.
[/quote]

LOL…why do you think you want to get that lean?

[quote]discodave11950 wrote:
bit of a difficult thing to judge mate, I mean to get a rough timeline
can depend on a lot of things like Diet,Sleep amount of daily stress, then there are
other things that play a part that you would have to take into account would be type of weather you are permanently in, I mean colder regions will have a base layer of fat due to adaptation of the body to keep body heat in, whilst warmer regions have the opposite effect, area’s with more sunshine will have less ‘stubborn fat’ than area’s that don’t have that much sun, Like my home town :).
[/quote]

Ummm…studys to prove this please?

[quote]pcdude wrote:

Ummm…studys to prove this please?[/quote]

just google vitamin D deficiency and weight loss or weight gain either or.
I did have a link awhile ago to a map display that looked at the the higher up the northern hemisphere that there was some higher body fat percentages then in the southern, when I find the link I’ll post it up. But I’d recommend having a look into the whole vit D an weight loss thing was a very interesting read.
on a related note there was a piece on something to do with having people having these ice baths constantly for training having a higher body fat percentages.
I also remember reading Dan Johns Mass Made Simple and it did mention in there about his old coach telling him to always wear a jumper and keep warm and then it made a reference to weight gain at that point.
As said before when I come across these studies I’ll make sure I post them up, dare say a lot of people would be interested in the subject.

[quote]pcdude wrote:

Ummm…studys to prove this please?[/quote]

I just had a quick search and googled “subcutaneous fat affected by cold” couple of things there about it if that helps.