T Nation

Getting Rid of Plantar Warts Fast

has anyone had them?
I have two on my foot and it hurts to walk, since I need to do cardio I need a way to get rid of them fast.

google- there’s a reason it has become a verb…

If they’re superficial you can scalpel them down and then apply ASA plaster to them.

If they’ve progressed the scalpel/Liquid Nitrogen combo often works well.

[quote]animalmj wrote:
google- there’s a reason it has become a verb…[/quote]

been there tried that and you know what i got, the feeling of stepping on nails everytime I walk.

[quote]Spencerulz wrote:
animalmj wrote:
google- there’s a reason it has become a verb…

been there tried that and you know what i got, the feeling of stepping on nails everytime I walk. [/quote]

I typed ‘plantar’, and before even hitting the space bar, warts popped up, clicked on that, and the first link up was the mayoclinic with a treatment section. Sorry, I didn’t go further than that…

Try apple cider vinegar. It will cook that fucker off in about a week.

Take a nail file to rough up the top layer of skin. Then cover it with a ACV soaked cotton ball and wrap it tight with tape, a bandaid, whatever. Leave it on as much as you can as the less air that gets to it the better. But obviously you don’t want to be smelling like ACV all day, so if you can only do it at night, so be it.

It will start to suffocate and die, at which point it will turn black and hurt like hell when you put the cottonballs on it, but eventually you’ll be able to just yank it off.

I had a wart that would stand up to a nuclear blast and this took care of it very well for about a year, now the little bastard has come back just a bit, but not nearly as much as it was before.

Hope that helps!!!

Liquid Nitrogen and other off the shelf wart removers never worked for my plantar warts. So I went to a Podiatrist. They’ll fix ya up.

I can tell you what not to do. I was in the police academy and running was an integral part of the training. I had plantar warts and not running wasnt an option. I thought I could cut them out with a razor blade. All I did was make a bloody mess and really screw up my foot.

I think the best thing to do is go to the podiatrist. When I got out of training I think I had to go to foot doctor 2 or 3 times. He applied something to them and scrapped some of the wart off each time I went. I think he also called me a dumbass or something similar for trying to cut them out.

I’ve had one on the sole of my left foot since I stepped on a rusty nail as a teenager (went through the sole of my foot a bit - the tetanus shot was fun)

I thought it was just a hard ball of scar tissue (I get keloids on my upper body from bad cuts) until I researched that it was actually a plantar wart… sucked.

Anyhow, I also Googled “home remedies to remove plantar warts” months ago & tried various solutions. My wart is pretty much gone & flattened out after the following -

1. When I remembered to before going to bed I got my wife to apply some of her clear nail polish to the area to seal it off from oxygen, tried that for a few weeks… (IMO BEST SOLUTION)

2. In the morning before going to work I would apply a piece of duct tape or a small band-aid to the area & it would “suffocate” the area during the day. After a while I would even forget the tape until I showered after the gym.

Since then the wart has pretty much gone away. I’m just glad I did not have to go the serious surgical route. Before when it hurt like a bitch to run I would try to excise & cut the sucker out but I think that only made it grow back more aggressively (sore to the touch)

My take? Wear flip flops in the locker room at the gym to avoid catching the virus (If that is were you got it)

Good luck!

I know people who have had surgery that still wasn’t successful in removing it. Plantars Warts need to be treated aggressively and timely. If they aren’t they will grow farther than you can imagine. I have heard of roots growing all the way to the ankle bone. Once it gets that far, your foot is really messed.

Anyways, I had one once, and I did the liquid nitrogen thing countless times. It was pretty ineffective. Eventually I just soaked it in hot water, and dug it out with a knife/nail clippers. Boom - gone.

Dermatologist.

Podiatrist > Dermatologist

Them foot doctors know their shit.

[quote]Thomas Gabriel wrote:
I know people who have had surgery that still wasn’t successful in removing it. Plantars Warts need to be treated aggressively and timely. If they aren’t they will grow farther than you can imagine. I have heard of roots growing all the way to the ankle bone. Once it gets that far, your foot is really messed.
[/quote]

Great. Now I have new fodder for nightmares should killer zits fail me.

I had some of these when I was younger. I had them frozen and they came back, had them Lazered and they came back. The only thing that worked was every night for about 3 months I would rub vitamin B oil all over the infected area and then wrapped my foot in surran wrap. The eventually just fell out and never came back.

Hope this helps, its a long process like people have said. There is really no quick solution.

Liquid nitrogen, as long as the doc doesn’t pussy out and actually applies it for long enough. Works every time. And don’t bother with home remedies - they seem to be hit-or-miss, and warts grow quickly, which makes them much harder to get rid of (and they start hurting like hell).

[quote]amphibian wrote:
If they’re superficial you can scalpel them down and then apply ASA plaster to them.

If they’ve progressed the scalpel/Liquid Nitrogen combo often works well.[/quote]

Agree completely that this is the only sure-fire way to remove them. Had one on the ball of my right foot larger than a silver dollar that had deep fissures in it, black in color and pretty ugly looking.

Scraped down and liquid-nitro burned it off; and had to apply the salicylic acid pads for about two weeks after showering, and occasionally cut away more tissue with an exacto knife.

Thanks guys lots of good ideas. lol