Getting Rid of My Cell Phone?

While we are all jumping on the social anxiety/isolation thing. My number of friends has definitely waxed and waned over the years. Ive had many friends Id hang out with… a solid group of three…a large group of friends id hanging out with. Atm I’m only really hanging out with one person outside of work but am good friends with several people I work with.

So between College (community college) and work I do have a ton of social interaction but no one I really hang out with outside of there. I think its a little strange… but basically stopped hanging out with at least ten friends who Id see regularly for the normal teenage drama stuff I have nothing to do with and dont wana be apart of. So when people mention it I shrug and do my own thing.

Some people think its really weird but im not lonely or sad or anything like that, I dont even have a girlfriend LOL but everyone I know who does atm is usually miserable and talk about it inbetween saying I need a girlfriend. So I feel pretty good =].

So in conclusion, as long as you aren’t a miserable fuck or really lonely then do your own thing imho.

[quote]Petermus wrote:
I dont even have a girlfriend LOL but everyone I know who does atm is usually miserable and talk about it inbetween saying I need a girlfriend.[/quote]

This is all I caught. You must be pathetic if even your ass to mouth friends are telling you to find a girl…

I kid. I kid.

I dont have a cell. Dont want one either. Not because I’m an introvert, its just cause I dont want to be bothered. My friends know to email or just come over. I talk on the phone 90% of my working day. The last thing I wanna do when not working is talk on a phone. If someone wants to get in touch with me for something important, they call my wife. I say ditch it, life is better without one.

Tracphone plans start at $20/60 min (or 120 if you buy double minutes). Good for 90 days. That’s $7/month if you aren’t using the phone much.

Jon, do you hang out with anyone after work? Do you have any friends? Do you just hang out with family? How do you get in touch with them with no phone? I’m introverted as well but I have to say your posts are a little concerning. Everyone needs some contact and connections with people. Maybe I don’t know your whole story and I’m jumping to conclusions.

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:

[quote]WestCoast7 wrote:
I think it’s smart to get rid of it, apparently there have been reports of cell phones actually murdering people.[/quote]

It’s a metaphor for a crap movie. I mean, really, why would a mobile phone kill anyone?[/quote]

Perfect, I was worried nobody would make the connection.

Get rid of the cell phone and grab a roll of quarters. I love using random payphones to call people and AIM for texting. Fuck them if they can’t get a hold of you.

I have 2 cellphones, so it all evens out.

I have no lan line phone…wouldn’t give up my cell though as She Say likes to sext me practically ever hour on the hour and send naked pics via cell phone…it’s like a habit…a bad habit…that is good.

How else would I get high with friends?

Those of you with the prepaid/Tracfone-

Do you lose your minutes if you don’t use them?

Do you lose your phone number if you don’t use your phone?

That’s what I’ve been told about them several years ago when I looked into them. Not sure if things have changed with them since then. I almost never use my cell and want to get rid of it but I do text on a daily basis so I keep it.

Anybody know of a text only device?

[quote]coolnatedawg wrote:

[quote]Petermus wrote:
I dont even have a girlfriend LOL but everyone I know who does atm is usually miserable and talk about it inbetween saying I need a girlfriend.[/quote]

This is all I caught. You must be pathetic if even your ass to mouth friends are telling you to find a girl…

I kid. I kid./quote]

Most of them feel like if they dont have a girlfriend or boyfriend that they are not loved or good enough. Annoys the fuck out of me…seriously…find someone you really like being with…not the first person to say “wana go out?” or Id be as screwed up as most of them lol.

[quote]thrasher wrote:
Those of you with the prepaid/Tracfone-

Do you lose your minutes if you don’t use them?

Do you lose your phone number if you don’t use your phone?

That’s what I’ve been told about them several years ago when I looked into them. Not sure if things have changed with them since then. I almost never use my cell and want to get rid of it but I do text on a daily basis so I keep it.

Anybody know of a text only device?[/quote]

Minutes expire in 30/60/90/365 days depending on how many you buy at a time. So, for example, if you buy a 30 minute card, it’ll probably expire in 30 days. If you purchase a 400 minute card, you’ll get 365 days. Tracfone also has a ‘double minutes for lifetime of the phone’ for $20. So a 400 min card becomes an 800 minute card, but still expires in 365 days.

There is some kind of grace period before you lose your phone number if you don’t buy more minutes. I think it’s 60 days.