getting rid of muscle?

I had a friend in high school (too many years ago) who ?made weight? so he could compete in powerlifting. He was pissed to find out that the higher weight class was weaker then the one he competed in. Too many people lose weight quickly, or in an unhealthy way and end up sacrificing performance just to make a weight thinking that those people will be easier to beat. I personally would be glad to go against people who ?dropped some weight? just because their performance will suffer.

That being said, I think the best way to lose muscle is aerobics. The longer the better. Every time I get into bike riding my calves shrink. A lot of people avoid too much aerobics just because of that reason. If you are naturally inclined toward muscle, it might take a lot of aerobics. Keep increasing until you notice shrinkage. Such a workout will also help prevent fat accumulation. Being a boxer you could easily design an aerobic workout around your sport. And drop weight lifting for a short period of time. Weight lifting is of no benefit if you want to lose lean body mass.