Getting Rid of Acne Scars

Acne effects many people, as im sure you know. Steriods can also cause acne, and although i dont use steriods i figure a lot of people at T-Nation do. This leads me to believe that a good amount of people at T-Nation may have acne and may have some answers to my questions.

I dont really have much acne anymore, but I do have some scarring left over from the acne. Does anyone know how to get rid of this scarring other than microdermabrasion?

thanks for any help you can give me.

as teen i had brutal cystic acne on my chest and back it looks shit but its faded over the years.you just have to deal with it

Micordermabrasion is your best bet, some companies sell one you can use at home. My wife sells Beauticontrol products, they have one. They also have a fading cream that is supposed to remove scars, seems to work fairly well. SHe used me as a guinea pig on a big scar on my arm from a cut, 19 sitiches, faded it down considerably, much less noticeable.

[quote]eatdeuce wrote:
Acne effects many people, as im sure you know. Steriods can also cause acne, and although i dont use steriods i figure a lot of people at T-Nation do. This leads me to believe that a good amount of people at T-Nation may have acne and may have some answers to my questions.

I dont really have much acne anymore, but I do have some scarring left over from the acne. Does anyone know how to get rid of this scarring other than microdermabrasion?

thanks for any help you can give me.[/quote]

If they are just discoloration scars then yes microdermabrasion ot lightening creams might work. However if you had acne that left ice pick or scars pits restylane and other fillers will do the job.

[quote]eatdeuce wrote:

thanks for any help you can give me.[/quote]

Go see an aestethician. My mom is one, and I have seen her help with some of the worst scars out there. It might take a few visits depending, but that is the only real way to go.

thank you all very much for your help. I’m going to go see a dermatologist sometime next month and i will ask him about microdermabrasion. i truely appreciate all your useful assistence.