Getting Pulled Over for Speeding

I was pulled over going to Vegas allegedly going 94 in a 70, but to be honest I am sure it was more than that. The cop created the 24 mph difference because anything more than 25 mph is more expensive and you must do traffic school in person. Needless to say it sucked, but I gambled and won the cost of the ticket at the tables. Now I need to stay cool for another 18 months.

Pulled over doing 93 in a 55 zone.

195 Dollar fine.

[quote]imhungry wrote:

195 Dollar fine.[/quote]

Wow you are so lucky you don’t live in VA my ticket for doing 11 more than you was upper 600 dollars.

65 in a 65 - warning
70 in a 65 - ticket

I don’t get pulled over when I actually speed.

87 in a 45. got off after asking for a “list of particulars”

85 in a 65 zone Brenham Tx
85 in a 70 zone Walsh La
87 in a 65 zone Baytown Tx
85 in a 65 zone Houston Tx
85 in a 35 zone Lafayette La

The King:
140 in a 70 zone Culberson County Tx - Spent a night in jail for that one.

That covers the last 5 years. There’s more from my dumber days in high school.

140 in a 70 is just ridiculous…

If you ever watch the show speeders (exactly what the title says) then it shows cops will lower the speed on the ticket so you wont get such a big fine… but people are still pissy when they should appreciate the fact that they got a 100$ fine instead of a $500 fine.

73 in a 70, Texas state trooper took me 30 minutes to talk it down to a warning(tough state)
59 in 55, Pennsylvania state trooper. Upon examination of my drivers license-he discovered we both shared same last name.
He was retiring soon and went on to tell life story. Got a warning.

As I got older -I received warnings.
When younger, straight away received tickets.

ok let me qualify the following statements by saying: I was a very angry reckless young man when I was 19-20 years old, and since have become a law-abiding citizen.

outran/evaded twice. I was NOT going to jail or paying my life’s savings in fines.

multiple warnings, the one I could not believe was while I was going 65 in a 35 changing lanes (without a signal) in an intersection with a red light. an unmarked car pulled me more than a mile down the road. I was terrified, I agreed with everything the officer said and didn’t try to deny anything - he told me to “drive safer from now on” un-fucking-believable.

had one dropped to faulty equipment after speedometer calibration and repair (swapped out transmission threw it way off, I was always just sort of guessing at my speed).

[quote]miroku333 wrote:
outran/evaded twice. I was NOT going to jail or paying my life’s savings in fines.
[/quote]

Care to elaborate? I’m interested in hearing this.

I got a ticket for doing 41 in a 40, fucking aye

[quote]EG wrote:
imhungry wrote:

195 Dollar fine.

Wow you are so lucky you don’t live in VA my ticket for doing 11 more than you was upper 600 dollars.[/quote]

Holy shit, really??

I’ve since calmed down after that incident.

The first ticket I ever got was for going 64 in the 55. Must’ve been a slow night for the trooper. Funny thing is my speedometer just went out, I usually drive a lot faster, but I figured since I don’t have a speedometer I’ll slow down.

[quote]RSGZ wrote:
miroku333 wrote:

Care to elaborate? I’m interested in hearing this.[/quote]

Not my proudest moments, but sure why not?..

the following is for entertainment purposes only :wink:

1. When they fired up the lights about a quarter mile back, and got into my lane, I knew I was fucked so I made a split second decision to just put the pedal down.
    up and over the overpass (I was out of their line of sight) and a quick three lane change to the off-ramp, slowed way the hell down and merged into traffic.

2. On my way home on another long straight stretch by my neighborhood. the cop caught me on the radar I guess, and pulled a U-turn ahead of me. He was waiting with his lights on for me to pass him and pull over. I took a quick series of turns into my neighborhood and pulled the car into the more secluded part of the driveway.

yeah I definitely did not take into account the threat to human life that I posed, which was a big one.
even back then I would not have done that type of thing with any passengers.
I definitely would never do it again, I don’t even really speed at all anymore, I realized at some point that I’m not invincible and that blowing a tire at the speeds I used to travel would probably have killed me.

[/hijack]

[quote]Goodfellow wrote:
I got a ticket for doing 41 in a 40, fucking aye[/quote]

wow, did the cop have something against you personally?

Didn’t get pulled over, but almost did. Ran my ass off. Driving down I-295 North here in jersey when I was in the left lane. Guy was tailgating my ass at 90mph so I kept going faster when all of a sudden I see him slow down real quick as I blow by a trooper doing almost 100 in a 55. I saw him pulling out of his spot behind me and I just gunned it to about 120mph and got off at the first exit about 500 yards down the road. If there was no exit I was fucked.

40 in a 30 in the park system - ticket
82 in a 65 on the turnpike - ticket
80 in a 60 on the highway - warning

There are some police that actually accomplish something during their day. Then there are others who are mobile arbitrary toll collectors.

I’d like to see a system that allows people with safe driving records (no at-fault accidents for x years) to avoid paying tickets for de minimis traffic offenses. The intent of speed limits is to protect individuals, but I haven’t seen too many accidents that would’ve been avoided if the person/people in question were going 5-15mph slower. For the most part, speed limits are nothing more than a tax on people who happen to be running late that day.

Thanks everyone. Especially Bujo! lol

I’m going to make sure I don’t speed in Texas or Virginia from now on I think.

Was doing 110km in a 60 the other day, and the cop was behind his gun. I drove by, and we made eye contact, but he never pulled me over. I’ve actually never had a ticket (although pulled over a few times), and am almost always speeding. I have great luck with the police.

[quote]Thomas Gabriel wrote:
Was doing 110km in a 60 the other day, and the cop was behind his gun. I drove by, and we made eye contact, but he never pulled me over. I’ve actually never had a ticket (although pulled over a few times), and am almost always speeding. I have great luck with the police. [/quote]

-Thomas gets pulled over and receives a 700$ fine the next day for speeding.-