T Nation

Getting Pulled Over for Speeding

I’m doing a project for an intro statistics on how fast people were going ABOVE the speed limit when they get pulled over for speeding when the Speed Limit was 50 mph or greater. Obviously this limits answers to the US, although if you were simply visiting the US and got pulled over that counts too!

I’m doing the speed a person was pulled over for and not the speed they received the ticket for because there are way too many variables in talking a ticket down, or getting off the hook, so I think it’s better to get an idea of how fast you can go without getting pulled over at all.

So, how fast were you, or someone you know, going over the speed limit when you were pulled over for speeding?

I was pulled over for going 81 in a 70. I got a warning.

I was going 60 in a 45 but I got a warning.

It was a backroad… no traffic during the day.

68 in a 50 warning
71 in a 55 ticket
85 in a 50 warning
52 in a 40 got a ticket

and one or 2 others for warnings

[quote]jehovasfitness wrote:
85 in a 50 warning
[/quote]

Was the cop gay or female, and am I correct in assuming you had no shirt on?

[quote]pushmepullme wrote:
jehovasfitness wrote:
85 in a 50 warning

Was the cop gay or female, and am I correct in assuming you had no shirt on?[/quote]

they should have cuffed and frisked him, at least “cop” a feel to let him off of that one

I just got an 82 in a 65 on the jersey turnpike. Fucking 82 isn’t even the speed of traffic on the jersey turnpike!

jehovasfitness wrote:
85 in a 50 warning

Was the cop gay or female, and am I correct in assuming you had no shirt on?[/quote]

lol, it was like 5 yrs ago, so my memory is fuzzy

I believe it was a cop in training along with a veteran cop. Something about it being a cop in training (or rookie), they let me go. That may not even make sense or be the truth, but that’s the best of my recollection lol

I was in my ex-GFs Mom’s Jag. Damn thing cruised so smooth I didn’t realize I was going that fast and I was on my way to the beach

lol you dont want to know

jehovasfitness wrote:
85 in a 50 warning

lol!

I got caught doing 104 in a 55 on a back road that was a straight-away in the country at 2am with no cars on the road. I spent the weekend in jail, lesson learned.

I got caught doing 83 in a 65. Lucky I’d been slowing down, I was doing over 100 a minute before.

71 in 60 ticket (and dismissed…cops never show for a jury trial)

that is the most recent. I don’t remember the other ones…

75 in a 65

I passed a Virginia Trooper traveling in the same direction on the highway. I had been traveling well over 100mph when I just came up on him and couldn’t slow down fast enough to avoid passing him. It was like 5:30AM in July so it was actually light enough out that I should have identified him pretty easily. I was lucky because I know I passed him doing about 90. It was a little over a year ago…the trooper was laughing when he got to my window and said something like I can’t say I’ve had that ever happen before.

87 in a 55 - warning
62 in a 45 - warning
53 in a 35 - ticket

my brother also got a ticket for doing 68 in a 45.

70 in a 35 zone on a dirtbike without a licenseplate.

Two nights ago 51 in 40mph zone.

This was at 2am on one of the longest multi-lane streets in this part of the city where you can see traffic coming a mile away.

I am all for making sure people don’t kill others by speeding, but I do think they go way overboard with handing out tickets or even pulling people over.

[quote]jehovasfitness wrote:
68 in a 50 warning
71 in a 55 ticket
85 in a 50 warning
52 in a 40 got a ticket

and one or 2 others for warnings[/quote]

You also text while driving?

You need to have your license revoked.

A week before I started law school I was trying to buy books and get enrolled properly, but my undergraduate college hadn’t released me yet, which messed up my scholarship and enrollment.

I was driving around town in my 1966 Mustang, in August in Oklahoma in 100 degree heat with 100% humidity. Needless to say, I was sweating buckets.

Driving down a road on the way to the law school, I drove right past a cop sitting under a tree. I was going 35, about 20 yards before a 25 mph zone went to 40. He chirped his siren right as I went by and I jumped through the roof.

I pulled over, he took one look at me, saw the sweat, asked me if I was crying, and gave me a warning.

Sucker.

82 in a 70 didn’t have my wallet(so no liscence/insurance on me)BIG ticket.

140 in a 70 while racing. Warning. BOOYAH for going to HS/Playing football with future cops.