Getting Over Getting Beat Up

how do you get over losing a fight ?

Ice. Anti inflammatories.

lol thanks , im talkin about the mental aspect…

Best person to ask is probably rich franklin or Rampage Jackson (post chute boxe beatdowns)

my go to:

have a really badass gf…take her somewhere, buy her some shit, bang her brains out for a good week… put it behind you, examine your game and make the proper adjustments… train harder, train smarter.

you never forget your losses…you just learn from them.

humility is a good learning tool in itself.

It happens. Like Xen said, train smarter and harder.

I’m not sure if you mean in a ring or on the street. From the above posts, I have to assume it’s in the ring. I can’t comment on that since I’ve never competed in one.

If you mean a street fight, then my answer is you don’t. Not really anyways. I will always remember the few times I’ve “lost” a fight. Since I’m still alive, you could argue I’ve never truly lost but I digress. Just realize that it happens. If you fight enough, the odds are you’ll lose eventually.

motorboatin helps

[quote]TYR wrote:
I’m not sure if you mean in a ring or on the street. From the above posts, I have to assume it’s in the ring. I can’t comment on that since I’ve never competed in one.

If you mean a street fight, then my answer is you don’t. Not really anyways. I will always remember the few times I’ve “lost” a fight. Since I’m still alive, you could argue I’ve never truly lost but I digress. Just realize that it happens. If you fight enough, the odds are you’ll lose eventually.[/quote]

whats worse is if you shouldnt have even stepped in.
even worse is if you dont fight back because you honestly thought you would kill some of em. and they were younger than you.

if i could go back, that kid i used as a shield, wouldve went through a window. then i would run over and punt his head for good measure.

I have never been on “fights” (MMA) but a lot of tournaments.

One thing that my coach told me was that i have to develop something that he calls “resistance to failure”. That means that, when you lose a fight/combat, you have 1 minute to cry and get the shit out of you. After that, you must concentrate on 2 things:

*Learn about yor defeat (why you have lost, how you can become better in that aspect, etc…)
*Focus on what’s going on. Combats going next (in tournaments you usually fight like 5 times)
, or pherpaps the closest fight that you will have, and focus on that, on the future.

Don’t worry about disapointing your family, kids (if you have),etc. They love you and they will never love you less because you have lost.

Just keep going. Good look :wink:

PD: excuse my english.

Take solice if you put in your all and came off worse.

Worst case scenario is knowing you did’nt try/prepare hard enough. And further to that is if you can’t identify what went wrong, a good coach can help here.