Getting Old - Wisdom Request

[quote]jjackkrash wrote:

[quote]BluePfaltz wrote:

[quote]jjackkrash wrote:
Don’t fuck off your thirties. I gave my thirties away to a job I didn’t really like and drank way too much booze. When you hit thirty, you’ll blink twice, and then you’ll be 40. Savor all the time you have and make the most of it. [/quote]

If you don’t mind me asking, was it exactly what you wanted at that particular time? I mean the want to drink and work for the money.[/quote]

I was always work hard, play hard, and I hit the ground running right out of school. But it doesn’t take long working 60-90 hours a week in a high stress job, where its work till you are ready to drop, then off to happy hour to blow off steam, before that’s all there is. The things you really like to do get kind of shoved to the side. I’m not saying I didn’t enjoy myself, or that there weren’t any parts of the job that were rewarding, because that’s not true. And you obviously have to work hard and earn a living. But it’s easy to lose sight of what’s important, its easy to get too comfortable with where you are at, and its easy to get in a rut. I guess I don’t have any great advice for you, other than to be vigilant about taking stock of where you are at and making sure that what you are doing is what you really want to be doing. And if its not, then change it. And DCA is right on the money–don’t ever stop training. [/quote]

Quite the opposite, this is great advice - you just don’t know it.

I never wanted to be one of those put work first, neglect the family so I can earn a living for them kind of guy. That was my dad. He made us ALOT of money when I was younger, but he paid for it by never getting to spend time with him, and he drank and smoke himself to death. Died christmas eve 2001.

I also hit the ground running years ago. Got out of High school, hated it so much I diddn’t want to go to college. Became an electrician, and now i’m back in school cause I cant even do what I set out; take care of myself so I can take care of others.

I know i’m still young by this forums standards, but in retrospect I lost a lot of time dicking around, which is why I asked you if it was what you wanted at that time. I thought I wanted to just be reckless at that time, now i’m not sure what the fuck I was thinking. No regrets however. Im pretty sure all older T-men would rather live with a coke-addicted whore then regrets.