Getting My Son Into Lifting

sounds to me like this is all about YOU not your son, does he even want this? and again no he does not need any supps at all

Surely the ones I have listed would only benfit him?

[quote]frenchbiceps wrote:
Surely the ones I have listed would only benfit him? [/quote]

I’d say get him some GHRP-6 so he doesn’t end up an iron dwarf.

Frenchbiceps, introduce him to weighttraining and if he likes it and wants to do it, let him. Just don’t push him. ( and no, weighttraining will not likely cause stunted growth or joint problems, he’ll have more problems from the judo as far as the joints go)

About the supps you listed (simple stuff like protein), if he wants to take them let him, if he feels he has benefits from them, he’ll continue to take them because he chooses to. Chances are when he notices he recovers faster from all the judo and so on, he’ll like it. It will only benefit him.

But ! , the worst thing you could do is push him into a sport he doesn’t like, this has happened to lots of kids and it aint no fun. So, do not force it onto him!

[quote]FattyFat wrote:

Surely the ones I have listed would only benfit him? [/quote]

I’d say get him some GHRP-6 so he doesn’t end up an iron dwarf.

[/quote]

Where would I purchase such fine elixir noble sir?

This is why no one likes the french

[quote]Matthaeus wrote:
This is why no one likes the french[/quote]

Pas du tout :wink:
Et en plus, les quebecois ne sont pas francaises.

@frenchbiceps
You could get it online, noble hero.
Use google and though shall have the answers thou seek! fanfare

[quote]Ct. Rockula wrote:
Kids have a short attention span so circuit training is the best for them. Try giant sets with him.

Have him train with friends too, not just you. I mean. Let his friends work out with you two. That will make it more of a game to him vs you trying to just beat him into the ground.

Cardio for kids is done best with sprint…kids like interval type things remember that…

As far as suppes…id say none. He’s 12 it isn’t hard to meet his nutritional requirements…just feed him a little more every day.

Keep the sessions short…[/quote]

How short? Short like a dwarf or short like the berlin wall?

Oh god I don’t even know how to deal with this dude.

In general I think it is good for parents to think back to when they were kids/teenagers.

I can’t be the only one who was rebellious… anything forced on a kid can backfire and make the kid hate it… even if they naturally might have enjoyed it.

[quote]Hallowed wrote:

In general I think it is good for parents to think back to when they were kids/teenagers.

I can’t be the only one who was rebellious… anything forced on a kid can backfire and make the kid hate it… even if they naturally might have enjoyed it.

[/quote]

I’m a 53 year old man.

Okay to be honest I didn’t read the whole thread. But I would say just trying to get him involved with any type of sports, and just have him do his push-ups and sit-ups before bed! The latter is probably cliche but it gives him a task to accomplish and it would be good for him. Take him to the park to throw a ball around and swing on the monkey bars. Fuck, what do I know, but at least show him that staying active is fun. I personally think just keeping him active at this point is more important than pushing weights or whatever. I got a sister his age and she likes to golf and play soccer - non fucking stop. Sure she ain’t ripped or going to be a bodybuilder but she is active and full of energy and the little shit punches like an amazon woman. No I’m not saying “if you play golf you will have huge biceps” but IMO it’s just about keeping them active. But I’m not a parent or anything so take it with a grain of salt.

[quote]Hallowed wrote:

[/quote]

I’m a 53 year old man. [/quote]

Uh, ok. Deliberately obtuse.
I’m talking about your son dumbass.

[quote]FattyFat wrote:

[quote]Matthaeus wrote:
This is why no one likes the french[/quote]

Pas du tout :wink:
Et en plus, les quebecois ne sont pas francaises.

@frenchbiceps
You could get it online, noble hero.
Use google and though shall have the answers thou seek! fanfare

[/quote]

Ha i understand the irony of my post given i live in Quebec but I’m a pure Anglophone. I would have to Google translate what you wrote to even understand it lol. Can’t wait to get out of this province.

[quote]Ct. Rockula wrote:
Kids have a short attention span so circuit training is the best for them. Try giant sets with him.

Have him train with friends too, not just you. I mean. Let his friends work out with you two. That will make it more of a game to him vs you trying to just beat him into the ground.

Cardio for kids is done best with sprint…kids like interval type things remember that…

As far as suppes…id say none. He’s 12 it isn’t hard to meet his nutritional requirements…just feed him a little more every day.

Keep the sessions short…[/quote]

How short? Short like a dwarf or short like the berlin wall?
[/quote]

Short like a cake

Multivitamin and Fish oil, thats it. I wish I started lifting at 12.

I would inject Synthol into all the major muscle groups. Then what you want to do is a full body routine M-F working up to heavy doubles or single maxes. Protein shakes, creatine, N.O., Glutamine, fish oil, gummy bear vitamins, and pre-natal vitamins. On the weekend have him do REALLY heavy sled pushes and pulls. At his age his test levels are probably low. Get some blood work done and then get an Endo to get him on TRT. This should get you started and in the right direction. If he doesn’t seem interested then enroll him in ballet.

you cant get him to eat enough?

how much does he weigh, he looks little like maybe a little over a hundred pounds. if you have him eat like 6 oz of beef and two 6oz chicken breasts a day that would be somewhere around the neighborhood of 140g of protein he if you wanted him to be more in the 2grams for every pound he weighed even just three 8oz servings of meat a day would put him at about 190g of protein, save your money and make hims some tuna sandwiches.

Circuit training and giant sets in my opinion has been some of the best advice yet. Im sure as a kid i would have gotten bored doing set after set of the same workouts and having to rest 60-120 seconds in between sets. This way you could teach him some cool body weight complexes involving pushups pullups lunges and dips for cheap at a park or something and get him to do sprint work between sets as well and start incorporating more lifting as time goes on.

I dunno it’s your call you’re his dad, but no matter how much you make him eat sleep and lift, he is only going to be as good at it as he wants unless he is genetically gifted he has to be the one that has the drive to get on these forums and spend endless time reading about how to get bigger and stronger.

I found that when i was 12 years old a big line of Methamphetamine before my workouts really jacked up my intensity.
Immediately after I would inject as much synthetic Tyranosaurus Rex Testosterone as possible, though I’m not sure if this stuff is around anymore, it was hard to find when I was a kid, so these days with all the gubment regulation it might be tough to get your hands on…
If you can’t find the good stuff, I suppose you can settle for that normal AAS bullshit, though the results won’t be comparable to the good stuff…

Seriously though, if you want an athlete for a son, then he should be spending this time playing more sports, sure lifting is a great thing for everyone, but at such a young age general athletics will be more beneficial to your son. I have never met a kid who played three sports a year competitively who wasn’t a good athlete.

[quote]iVoodoo wrote:
I found that when i was 12 years old a big line of Methamphetamine before my workouts really jacked up my intensity.
Immediately after I would inject as much synthetic Tyranosaurus Rex Testosterone as possible, though I’m not sure if this stuff is around anymore, it was hard to find when I was a kid, so these days with all the gubment regulation it might be tough to get your hands on…
If you can’t find the good stuff, I suppose you can settle for that normal AAS bullshit, though the results won’t be comparable to the good stuff…

Seriously though, if you want an athlete for a son, then he should be spending this time playing more sports, sure lifting is a great thing for everyone, but at such a young age general athletics will be more beneficial to your son. I have never met a kid who played three sports a year competitively who wasn’t a good athlete.
[/quote]

Dood.
That’s not cool.

Twelve year olds have sensitive mucus membranes.

Dad should just mainline the meth for him. Much safer!

[quote]howie424 wrote:
Okay to be honest I didn’t read the whole thread. But I would say just trying to get him involved with any type of sports, and just have him do his push-ups and sit-ups before bed! The latter is probably cliche but it gives him a task to accomplish and it would be good for him. Take him to the park to throw a ball around and swing on the monkey bars. Fuck, what do I know, but at least show him that staying active is fun. I personally think just keeping him active at this point is more important than pushing weights or whatever. I got a sister his age and she likes to golf and play soccer - non fucking stop. Sure she ain’t ripped or going to be a bodybuilder but she is active and full of energy and the little shit punches like an amazon woman. No I’m not saying “if you play golf you will have huge biceps” but IMO it’s just about keeping them active. But I’m not a parent or anything so take it with a grain of salt.[/quote]

Fuck, man. This.

Let him enjoy what’s left of his youth and introduce him to weights in high-school. He doesn’t need to be pounding out pr’s at his age. That’s what I’m doing with my brother. He’s been doing sit-ups/push-ups/pull-ups for the past two years and now i’ve just introduced him to the weight room (he’s 14 [going into hs this year]). Been focusing on compound lifts (deadlifts, bench, squat, clean) and throwing in assistance exercises afterwards. He loves it, but I think it was definitely the right decision to let him get into the groove of body-weight exercises in order to get a general feel for each body part, what movements effect them, and better muscle coordination/motor recruitment.

TL;DR - Don’t push him. Let him get into it slowly.

My 100% serious response aside, I think you’re trolling.