Getting My Nipples Pierced

[quote]ZeroSleep wrote:
Did no one else react on this…

“-It would be relatively easy to hide from my parents and others”

“I feel shows more independence and strength than being exactly like every other macho alpha male type.”

?[/quote]

Heheh! Good catch!
A confused individual.

That right there is reason enough NOT to get them pierced.

[quote]JimDoerflinger wrote:
Haha sorry man… I guess I was just a bit dramatic.

For all its worth, mine were in for well over 2 years, and outside of the infections from time to time, it wasn’t hell.

I guess my biggest beef was them getting hit by stuff like my golf swing catching my shirt on them… playing with dogs… footballs or virtually any contact sport. I started to tape them down during sports, but that got old quick. If you take them out for activities, you run the risk of pain getting them back in, since the hole shrinks FAST!! I had my ears gauged to a “0” and those were MUCH easier to deal with. Not sure if thats your thing, but… if I was to get something piereced again, it would be the ears. Everything else just wasn’t worth it to me.

But, I did fully heal when I took them out.

For the amount of time I spent tending to them, it just wasn’t worth the pain/money of getting it done.

[/quote]

So long as there is minimal chance of serious complication, I´m going to go ahead and do it (so a bit more research will be conducted). If body piercings are a bad idea, then I think I have to learn that fact the hard way.

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:
ZeroSleep wrote:
Did no one else react on this…

“-It would be relatively easy to hide from my parents and others”

“I feel shows more independence and strength than being exactly like every other macho alpha male type.”

?

Heheh! Good catch!
A confused individual.

That right there is reason enough NOT to get them pierced.

[/quote]

I am not confused in this regard at all. My parents (who are paying for my college), along with most professionals, would judge visible piercings negatively. It is policy of many companies not to allow visible piercings.

I want piercings for personal reasons, but I don’t want them to compromise certain important things in my life, like my education and career. Visible piercings would have an adverse affact on these sectors of my life, and that’s the only reason why I would want a piercing that I could easily hide!!!

Also note that I mentioned it would give me more of an excuse to go shirtless; except in very specific situations, I would be 100% confident and proud of my pierced body.

[quote]ZeroSleep wrote:
On a different note, a friend of mine got his nipples pierced, and then a few weeks later an acquaintance (who didn’t know about them) did a nipple-twister on him…
[/quote]

lol to this. That’s a risk I’d have to take.

[quote]jamesBond wrote:
I just wanted to see what the gerenal opinion around here was about this kind of thing. I wasn’t expecting to hear anything that would weigh in on my decision (though I am open to any intelligent thoughts). Hearing that “nipple piercings are ghey” doesn’t exactly have a very profound affect on me; it just shows me how immature most of the posters in these forums are!!!
[/quote]
You ask ‘‘what the general opinion around here was about tbhis sort of thing’’, I said what I thought(please note I started the sentence with IMHO).
Why ask a question when you clearly don’t want to hear the answer…?
You don’t like how I expressed my distaste for nipple piercings?
Tough shit.

[quote]jamesBond wrote:
Ratchet wrote:
if you want em do it, they dont bother me during bench press day at all and never f*ed with my training…

This comment, on the other hand, is actually useful! Thank you.[/quote]
But when someone happens to share your opinion on the subject, the comment becomes useful.

And I’m the immature one…?
(Hell I probably am, but the pot really shouldn’t call he kettle black

Wow, just get an “enter here” sign as a tramp stamp while you’re at it

JB, I had both done in 2000. One didn’t heal right. active duty military too hard to cover up, so wound up taking them out and they healed up fine. You will lose sensitivity if you get them done. You MUST get some kind of antibacterial salve that you scrub/wash with. Not just soap, but like an iodine-like compound to prevent infection after the piercing.

As long as you are getting the piercings for the reasons that matter enough to you, and it is something you want get them I was 31 and old enough/comfortable enough to make that decision. I never got a tattoo, although I had a transfer on my arm and it didn’t look right so I walked. It is YOUR decision.

Ultimately the significance of you asking the board here is that you are not sure enough on your own and would be wise to wait until you are. The shops will always be open when you decide. At least with piercings you can take them out if you change your mind and haven’t distorted your body excessively.

[quote]Jereth127 wrote:
jamesBond wrote:
I just wanted to see what the gerenal opinion around here was about this kind of thing. I wasn’t expecting to hear anything that would weigh in on my decision (though I am open to any intelligent thoughts). Hearing that “nipple piercings are ghey” doesn’t exactly have a very profound affect on me; it just shows me how immature most of the posters in these forums are!!!

You ask ‘‘what the general opinion around here was about tbhis sort of thing’’, I said what I thought(please note I started the sentence with IMHO).
Why ask a question when you clearly don’t want to hear the answer…?
You don’t like how I expressed my distaste for nipple piercings?
Tough shit.

jamesBond wrote:
Ratchet wrote:
if you want em do it, they dont bother me during bench press day at all and never f*ed with my training…

This comment, on the other hand, is actually useful! Thank you.
But when someone happens to share your opinion on the subject, the comment becomes useful.

And I’m the immature one…?
(Hell I probably am, but the pot really shouldn’t call he kettle black[/quote]

I also respected it when I was told by someone with experience that nipple piercings were a bad idea. It’s not that I only listen to people who agree with me, but rather I only listen to people who give me something worth listening to.

Also, like I said, I was curious to hear what people thought, even if it wasn’t going to influence me at all. I was expecting to hear from people who didn’t like the idea, but “it’s ghey” is still a pretty fucking immature way of expressing that opinion, and when people are trying to insult me like that, I have the right to call them out.

And with regards to my maturity, I think I’m probing T-Nation for nipple piercing opinions about as maturely as possible lol.

[quote]b12sblue2002 wrote:
JB, I had both done in 2000. One didn’t heal right. active duty military too hard to cover up, so wound up taking them out and they healed up fine. You will lose sensitivity if you get them done. You MUST get some kind of antibacterial salve that you scrub/wash with. Not just soap, but like an iodine-like compound to prevent infection after the piercing.

As long as you are getting the piercings for the reasons that matter enough to you, and it is something you want get them I was 31 and old enough/comfortable enough to make that decision. I never got a tattoo, although I had a transfer on my arm and it didn’t look right so I walked. It is YOUR decision.

Ultimately the significance of you asking the board here is that you are not sure enough on your own and would be wise to wait until you are. The shops will always be open when you decide. At least with piercings you can take them out if you change your mind and haven’t distorted your body excessively.

[/quote]

Yeah you’re right. I haven’t know enough people with these piercings to be comfortable making the decision without hearing some more accounts, and it seems like most people here with actual experience have had problems.

Still though, a huge part of the appeal of a piercing like this is that a lot of people are afraid to get them. I feel like ignoring a lot of these warnings and learning the hard way if need be.

One last question, what do you mean when you say you lose sensitivity in your nipples? I know girls who have gotten them done and never complained about this (though obviously nipple piercings would affect the genders a bit differently).

I was trying to insult you?
News to me…

I’m a big boy now(meant in jest btw) and I can insult nipple piercings if I want. I think they’re fucking stupid. In fact, I think most piercings on men are stupid. Does that make the people who choose to wear them stupid…?
No. My workout partner loved his piercings and used to talk about them a lot, but he’s a really cool guy. And he brings fucking intensity to his training.

Take offence at what I said if you want. I personally believe there’s a difference between insulting a concept and insulting a person.
Also, kindly ignore the fact that I also offered the information that my friend had a hard time training with them.

Nipple piercing are ghey in the homosexual sense and the super lame sense.

Just all around a retarded thing for males to do.

If you want to be soooooo different get your dick pierced. I would give you props for that.

Sounds like you wanting to pierce your nips is a cry for attention. One of the reasons you list is because they heal completely. So you obviously fully intend to “show” them off and then take them out, let them heal and voalla! Everyone thinks you’re a bad ass now…nawwwwt

About piercing experience, I do have a labret (lip piercing), and I’ve had no problems with it (my girlfriend has one as well, again no problem). Just take proper care, and taping it is no problem, takes like 2 minutes and you don’t have to worry when doing something physical.

I currently work at an old folks’ home, and I don’t have to take it out.

And if I decide to take it out, it will close and a beard can cover it. :wink:

[quote]Jereth127 wrote:
I was trying to insult you?
News to me…

I’m a big boy now(meant in jest btw) and I can insult nipple piercings if I want. I think they’re fucking stupid. In fact, I think most piercings on men are stupid. Does that make the people who choose to wear them stupid…?
No. My workout partner loved his piercings and used to talk about them a lot, but he’s a really cool guy. And he brings fucking intensity to his training.

Take offence at what I said if you want. I personally believe there’s a difference between insulting a concept and insulting a person.
Also, kindly ignore the fact that I also offered the information that my friend had a hard time training with them.[/quote]

Seriously thanks for the relavent info and opinion.

I should stop waging such silly wars.

[quote]jamesBond wrote:
Also, what the fuck do you mean by ghey? Do you mean it in the middle school sense that they are lame, or do you mean that they have some association was homosexuality? I would consider the latter actually more of a reason to get them! Having something more uncommon among straight men I feel shows more independence and strength than being exactly like every other macho Alpha Male type.[/quote]

Doing somethign different because you want to is cool. Doing somethign different to show you’re different is, in my opinion, unnecessary, weak-minded and lame.

To answer your original question, it sounds like you want them, so who cares what anyone else thinks? I wouldnt get them, but then again, Travis Ortmeyer, a 6’4" Worlds Strongest Man competitor has them and I dont think too many people are gonna say something to him

[quote]jamesBond wrote:
Hey all, I was just curious what all your thoughts were about pierced nipples on a man. I’m only 19, and within my circle of friends this wouldn’t be too weird (it would still be pretty weird lol).

I’ve always wanted to pierce something, and I figure pierced nipples would be cool for the following reasons:

-It would be relatively easy to hide from my parents and others who would judge piercings negatively
-It would give me more of an excuse to chill with my shirt off lol, I really like my body largely thanks to T-Nation
-It’s not very common
-It goes very well with my personality to have something that most people think is fucking weird lol
-It would heal completely upon removal
-It would be funny as hell hahahaha

Just curious what the people here think of this kind of thing.[/quote]

From the tone of your post and your stated rationale, sounds like a huge factor in this is want/need for attention. Bad reason for body modification in my opinion. Especially since, from what I know, it will NOT heal completely upon removal (permanent sensitivity loss).

[quote]jamesBond wrote:
One last question, what do you mean when you say you lose sensitivity in your nipples? I know girls who have gotten them done and never complained about this (though obviously nipple piercings would affect the genders a bit differently).
[/quote]

Not sure about this one. Like I said, I had both done for years. I’m not sure what kind of sensitivity I had before them, and I guess I really don’t care what kind of sensitivity I have now. What guy wants sensitive nips?

I do know that a friend gave me a tittwister about a month ago and it hurt like hell… so I still have that kind of sensitivity.

[quote]Bill Roberts wrote:
jamesBond wrote:
…do you mean that they have some association was homosexuality? I would consider the latter actually more of a reason to get them! Having something more uncommon among straight men I feel shows more independence and strength than being exactly like every other macho Alpha Male type.

Yeah, that’s what all the gay guys say.

(Not that there’s anything wrong with that.)

[/quote]

lol

Get your dick pierced. Bitch.

[quote]bushidobadboy wrote:
If you want a piercing that is a ‘different’, easy to hide, and brings sexual pleasure to you and your partner, then get a Prince Albert.

BBB[/quote]

X2.

who cares?? why is piercing nipples a big deal anyways? maybe twenty five years ago it would be but come on! the worst that happens is you take em out. the end.

sorry i just get tired of the hoopla over piercings,and tattoos they aren’t a big deal at all.