Getting My Comp Out of Safe Mode

Quick question:

The other day, I restarted my computer and when it started again, I think it went into safe mode. At least, it looks like safe mode (ie: enlarged everything.)

I tried restarting it again, a few times, and each time it went back into safe mode.

…how do I get it back in normal mode?

Press f8 repeatedly as it’s loading and you should get to a menu where you can select a boot mode.

[quote]Travacolypse wrote:
Press f8 repeatedly as it’s loading and you should get to a menu where you can select a boot mode.[/quote]

Thanks.

However, I just did that, and everything is still gigantic. So, I’m thinking it wasn’t in safe mode after all.

Could the resolution have been messed up somehow? Anyone know where I can try messing around with the res on vista? I just tried looking, but couldn’t find anything.

Thanks again

If your in safe mode, your colors should be ugly looking and it ought to say Safe Mode in the corners if I remeber correctly?

Right click go to properties, settings and change your resolution if thats not it then I have no idea.

1: Your PC could be stuck in safe mode. Check your C:\boot.ini file and make sure that the /SAFEBOOT is not there.

2: Your video card driver needs to be reinstalled. Go to either your PC maker’s support website and download the video driver for your particular system. Or go to the video card maker’s site (ATI or Nvidia) and download the driver for your video card.

[quote]Curzon wrote:
1: Your PC could be stuck in safe mode. Check your C:\boot.ini file and make sure that the /SAFEBOOT is not there.
[/quote]

How do I do this?

I usually put my computer in sleep mode when I’m done, but it’s not allowing me to do that, either. Is that a sign it may be in safe mode?

go to display settings by right clicking on your desktop and change your resolution to something higher.