Getting My Butt In(to) Gear

[quote]Ruggerlife wrote:
ddot76 wrote:
So, what are your goals? Do you have #'s in mind for the next meet?

You know what they say “A man without a goal is like a ship without a rudder”.

Ahhh goals, yes, I do have them although the timing has gotten a little murky.

Short answer is to get to the Nationals (Class I) and then keep improving and setting goals as things unfold.

For the last competition in St. Thomas my goal was to total 455kgs and qualify for the Intermediate Championships. I screwed that one up, but Court was able to laugh at me a few times so not a total loss. Here’s my summary I wrote in Ouro’s log:

http://www.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/sports_body_women_training_performance_powerful/eternity_log?pageNo=61#2981140

So currently there are only 2 more competitions, June 6 (Belle River) and July 19th(?) in Ottawa. At the moment I don’t know if I can commit to either so it’s hard to say whether I’ll compete again this year or not.

Either way, my intermediate goal is to get to a 570kgs (1,257lbs) total in single ply gear ASAP. Since I’ve never even had a squat suit, bench shirt, or knee wraps on it’s hard to give a time line. Fortunately the Niagara Club has told me to stop out and they would help me get into equipment. That should really speed up the learning curve.

So hard and fast goals are difficult, but although I can’t say for sure if I’ll make it to the Nationals for April 2010, I fully intend to be on the platform in April 2011 when it is in PEI (where I’m from)! Hopefully with a total much higher than 570kgs.

[/quote]

Sounds good. You have both short term and long term. Now to map out how to get there, right?

Your actions must align with your goals. :slight_smile: