Getting Lean Fast/Supplements??

Was wondering if anyone had any good tips on how to maximize my workouts…I want to loose some fat and put on some muscle quick…What supplements work fast and have great results?? Was looking at nutrex…Any ideas?? Muchas Gracias

Squats and milk.

I personally don’t really like nutrex as their lipo 6 is basically caffeine, and their creatine product is basically creatine and sugar. read about the supplements through teh Biotest store, a good one to use is for most goals is creatine, but it depends on what the main focus it, to burn fat or gain muscle.

If you workouts and nutrition are in order I would recommend :

HOT-ROX
creatine
surge

Yes look at the products recomended in the post above id add Flameout or another fishoil not only for health but helping lean you out.

workouts Im a fan of full body when getting lean is the ultimate goal. Might check out TBT by Chad Waterbury or some others. The thing will be keep you sessions Brief 60 mins of less but very intense/effective big bang for the buck get the work done and get out. The weight room is for building and preservation of that Muscle which yes burns calories. you want to keep as much as you can. Lifting right will do that.

then add cardio as needed start by adding a session or two and up it aqs needed, and nail a very solid diet.

Come back with more direct questions if you have them,
Phill

[quote]technic wrote:
I personally don’t really like nutrex as their lipo 6 is basically caffeine, and their creatine product is basically creatine and sugar. read about the supplements through teh Biotest store, a good one to use is for most goals is creatine, but it depends on what the main focus it, to burn fat or gain muscle.

[/quote]
Their creatine product is probably the best out there right now, in monohydrate form. It contains waxy maize starch, which is not a sugar.

www.trueprotein.com

"So what?s so special with Waxy Maize in comparison to dextrose or maltodextrin? Many people have used a mix of dextrose and maltodextrin for post workout nutrition for years because it works and is vital for proper glycogen replenishment. Welcome to the new era of post workout nutrition? Waxy Maize Starch. WMS has a much higher molecular weight and a much lower osmolarity rate compared to dextrose or maltodextrin, so what does this mean? Mainly, WMS bypasses the stomach, is absorbed by the intestines and immediately is assimilated; this is all done at a much faster rate than dextrose or maltodextrin, almost double.

WMS can help the absorption rates of many of your favorite supplements like creatine monohydrate, creatine ethyl ester, cell volumization and nitric oxide type supplements, etc. Nutrients like this often times are left in the stomachs harsh acidic environment and degrade absorption rates. WMS helps shuttle these nutrients to bypass the stomach and allow the body to assimilate these nutrients at a much higher rate.

WMS has the ability to replenish the body?s glycogen stores much faster than a mix of maltodextrin or dextrose. This is accomplished again by WMS?s ability to bypass the stomach and go to the intestines for immediate absorption. WMS?s ability to shuttle all these nutrients and starch gives the body an immediate “pump” you can physically feel in your muscles post workout. You will see a much larger, fuller and rounder muscle belly.

Dextrose and maltodextrin can cause water retention and bloating, hence WMS?s popularity with pre contest and contest preparation carbohydrate replenishment. Many dieters choose WMS as their carb of choice as it is sugar free and an ideal source of a long chain complex carbohydrate."

[quote]chriscarani wrote:
technic wrote:

Their creatine product is probably the best out there right now, in monohydrate form. It contains waxy maize starch, which is not a sugar.
[/quote]

my bad…was thinking of another product…looked that one up. but still, it’s a creatine and carb combo that is more expensive than creatine alone and mostlikely won’t make much difference in the end.

the only studies i could find on it were on animals showing that they increased the amount of feed. It did not mention lean mass in proportion to overall mass.

personally, I’d stick with regular creatine and throw it into some Surge.

[quote]technic wrote:
chriscarani wrote:
technic wrote:

my bad…was thinking of another product…looked that one up. but still, it’s a creatine and carb combo that is more expensive than creatine alone and mostlikely won’t make much difference in the end.

the only studies i could find on it were on animals showing that they increased the amount of feed. It did not mention lean mass in proportion to overall mass.

personally, I’d stick with regular creatine and throw it into some Surge.[/quote]

On no prob man. I am not entirely sure about the WMS myself. I have heard good things, but have yet to use it. I actually like plain CEE myself, mono gives me too many unwanted side effects, but everyone is different.

Ask yourself this… How does it bypass the stomach? EVERYTHING that enters you mouth ends up in the stomach. Everything. There is no tube that magically goes around the stomach and lands in the intestine, nor cana supplement build this tube - nor would you want it to. The stomach is a very important piece of the puzzle when it comes to digestion.

How much is this creatine? Creatine + Water = works. Creatine + carbs might work a LITTLE better than just creatine, but ultimately its going to end up where it needs to go anywa.

[quote]Lonnie123 wrote:
Ask yourself this… How does it bypass the stomach? EVERYTHING that enters you mouth ends up in the stomach. Everything. There is no tube that magically goes around the stomach and lands in the intestine, nor cana supplement build this tube - nor would you want it to. The stomach is a very important piece of the puzzle when it comes to digestion.

How much is this creatine? Creatine + Water = works. Creatine + carbs might work a LITTLE better than just creatine, but ultimately its going to end up where it needs to go anyway.[/quote]

It bybasses DIGESTION in the stomach, but I don’t claim to be an expert on this. That is why I posted that clip from truprotein.com. A company by the way, that does not sell that particular creatine product. The WMS is just one of the carbohydrate sources they offer you when you design your own protein and MRP powders. So if you have some sort of sholarly articles that run contrary to what TP knows, then I would take that up with Dante over there, not me.

Actually I think a creatine + 60grams HGH carbs and 60grams of whey isolate is much much better than water alone. “It will “ulitmately” end up where it needs to be”, that is just not true.

Again I have not used the product, I am going by a handful of close confidants, who have run been through a slew of creatine products and claim this is the best they have tried in terms of results and side effects.

What side effects of creatine are you referring to? Seriously, besides a little bloating there isn’t much I’ve heard about. Any other side effects are most likely related to individual issues, using a crap product, or just plain using too much creatine.

http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=459369

http://www.T-Nation.com/findArticle.do?article=06-086-diet

[quote]eengrms76 wrote:
What side effects of creatine are you referring to? Seriously, besides a little bloating there isn’t much I’ve heard about. Any other side effects are most likely related to individual issues, using a crap product, or just plain using too much creatine.

[/quote]

Thanks for the articles, I have actually read those some time ago.

Well I seem to have strange reactions to supplements in general. I get rashes with some herbs such as ginko and supps like garlic. I get acne breakouts (I’m 26 by the way), bloating, and sharp pains in the lower right quadrant with monohydrate. Everyone is different and everyone has different reaction to the same supplements and foods. I can eat strawberries all day with no problem, if my father in law has so much as one SB he has to be rushed to the ER.

There was a story in the news not too long ago about a girl that was allergic to peanuts. Her boyfriend ate a handful on nuts then merely kissed her and she ended up dying.

http://www.medicinenet.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=60348

I also have a gluten intolerance, I am allergic to wheat, and I can’t eat eggs. So yes, “individual issues” happens to be the case.

[quote]moses8 wrote:
Was wondering if anyone had any good tips on how to maximize my workouts…I want to loose some fat and put on some muscle quick…What supplements work fast and have great results?? Was looking at nutrex…Any ideas?? Muchas Gracias[/quote]

The Hollywood Diet has worked for a lot of people. It’s like $25 for a three-day’s supply, though. Too rich for my blood.

eengrms76 wrote:

Well I seem to have strange reactions to supplements in general. I get rashes with some herbs such as ginko and supps like garlic. I get acne breakouts (I’m 26 by the way), bloating, and sharp pains in the lower right quadrant with monohydrate. Everyone is different and everyone has different reaction to the same supplements and foods. I can eat strawberries all day with no problem, if my father in law has so much as one SB he has to be rushed to the ER.

There was a story in the news not too long ago about a girl that was allergic to peanuts. Her boyfriend ate a handful on nuts then merely kissed her and she ended up dying.

I also have a gluten intolerance, I am allergic to wheat, and I can’t eat eggs. So yes, “individual issues” happens to be the case. [/quote]

I remember that story (i’m from nova scotia) and they fouind out a few days later that it wasn’t the kiss, but that it was from something else. I can’t remember exactly, but I guess she came in contact with something else in someway.

The basic thing we all seem to know is not to sweat the small stuff and stick to proven supps.

[quote]CaliforniaLaw wrote:
moses8 wrote:
Was wondering if anyone had any good tips on how to maximize my workouts…I want to loose some fat and put on some muscle quick…What supplements work fast and have great results?? Was looking at nutrex…Any ideas?? Muchas Gracias

The Hollywood Diet has worked for a lot of people. It’s like $25 for a three-day’s supply, though. Too rich for my blood.[/quote]

lol…isn’t that the one where you drink only the “hollywood diet beverage,” which is basically green tea with diuretics!? I used to work in the natural foods/sports supplement section of a grocery store and we sold that…made me feel dirty.

[quote]technic wrote:
chriscarani wrote:
eengrms76 wrote:

I also have a gluten intolerance, I am allergic to wheat, and I can’t eat eggs. So yes, “individual issues” happens to be the case.

I remember that story (i’m from nova scotia) and they fouind out a few days later that it wasn’t the kiss, but that it was from something else. I can’t remember exactly, but I guess she came in contact with something else in someway.

The basic thing we all seem to know is not to sweat the small stuff and stick to proven supps.[/quote]

Yea that is what they said in the article, but from what? Did she just mysteriously die?

technic wrote:
chriscarani wrote:
eengrms76 wrote:

The basic thing we all seem to know is not to sweat the small stuff and stick to proven supps.

Yea that is what they said in the article, but from what? Did she just mysteriously die?

[/quote]

I looked it up…it seems as though it was an asthma attach. the boyfriend kissed her about 9 huors earlier, so it was suspicious to begin with.

hmm, that sounds like an allergic reaction to me, but nine hours later, who really knows.