Getting Insurance to Cover Gyno Surgery

Gyno can come back even after it has been surgically removed. I watched a documentary on this a while back, so I’ll post the source when I find it.

If its not bad just live with it, surgery should be the last alternative. I have a minor case of gyno and it honestly doesn’t bother me. My only worry is with a possible cycle in the future. Will be more prone to my gyno growing?

“In most patients the results of gynecomastia excision (male breast reduction) are permanent. However, significant weight gain and certain medical conditions can cause gynecomastia to return.”

http://www.drroberthouser.com/plasticsurgery-gynecomastia.php

[quote]DOHCrazy wrote:
BONEZ217 wrote:
DOHCrazy wrote:
BONEZ217 wrote:
I’m not it’s possible for gyno to come back. I am under the impression that the surgeon will remove the gland which would prevent the possibility of a reoccurance.

Since my surgery, I have gained some weight, on purpose of course. I have noticed that on days when my carbs get high, my right (non-surgery) nipple puffs up, but the nipple I had surgery on will stay flat.

However, I do not know the medical reasons for your statement, or if it is true.

What I said doesn’t have a medical reason. What do you mean?

Are you saying you don’t know why a surgeon would remove the mammary gland when removing gyno?

I’m saying I am not educated enough medically to know what they removed. Regrettably, I wasn’t too interested when I had my surgery, I just wanted it over with. My mother is a registered nurse, I may get some more info from her next time I see her.

I was unaware it was impossible to get gyno again once that had been removed. I was just sharing my experiences on that matter.

Sorry if I sounded rude.
[/quote]

I didn’t iterpret any rudeness, I just wasn’t sure what you meant. Gotcha now

[quote]Game Time wrote:
“In most patients the results of gynecomastia excision (male breast reduction) are permanent. However, significant weight gain and certain medical conditions can cause gynecomastia to return.”

http://www.drroberthouser.com/plasticsurgery-gynecomastia.php [/quote]

Does it say what “certain medical conditions” can do it in the article? I’m lazy

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:

http://www.drroberthouser.com/plasticsurgery-gynecomastia.php

Does it say what “certain medical conditions” can do it in the article? I’m lazy [/quote]

It is the same medical conditions that initally casue the gyno:

Hypogonadism. Any of the conditions that interfere with normal testosterone production, such as Klinefelter syndrome or pituitary insufficiency, can be associated with gynecomastia.

Aging. Hormone changes that occur with normal aging can cause gynecomastia, especially in men who are overweight.

Tumors. Some tumors, such as those involving the testes, adrenal glands or pituitary gland, can produce hormones that alter the male-female hormone balance.

Hyperthyroidism. In this condition, the thyroid gland produces too much of the hormone thyroxine.

Kidney failure.

Liver failure and cirrhosis.

Malnutrition and starvation.

Different types of medication can also casue the return of gyno.