Getting Inked

When we got married, my husband and I got matching tattoos. Mine is centered, mid-back, and his is on his left shoulder blade. The tattoo artist suggested that he get his there since it was far less likely to distort than a bi or chest.

As long as you’re happy with the design, are sure you’ll still want it 10 years from now, enjoy. But 'Cake is right. They are addictive!!

Just my two cents, I have the Chinese character for loyality on my right shoulder. It has a very special meaning to me, so I am not worried about being white and having it. I got it about two years ago after thinking about it for about 1.5 years. I have the itch again and I am thinking about getting another tat on the left shoulder, like 'Cake said, more addicting then crack.

I’ve got two, both tribal, one on each arm. I’m about as Caucasian as you could be but I have the Chinese symbol for patience incorporated into the tribal that’s on my left arm. That way, no matter how pissed off I get, I will never loose my patience.

They are definitely addictive. For sure.

Make sure you really want it before you get it done. waiting a year might be a good idea.

I suggest talking to couple of tat artists and getting their input. That way you not only get ideas, but you also get a feel for the person. The more comfortable you are with the person doing the work, the better the experience and usually the result. Good Luck…look forward to welcoming you to the club.

I suggest talking to couple of tat artists and getting their input. That way you not only get ideas, but you also get a feel for the person. The more comfortable you are with the person doing the work, the better the experience and usually the result. Good Luck…look forward to welcoming you to the club.

Melissa and anyone else: How do you handle being in the sun and/or hitting up a tanning booth? Is sunscreen enough to protect the tattoo?

All right then. Thanks.

Coolest place for a tat is centered between your shoulder blades. Im telling you, nothing beats that spot for a powerful tattoo (except youll have to endure a lot of pain because of the location)

Left shoulder blade is…too off balance. Would you paint the company logo only on the right side of a brand new Boeing 737 leaving the other side blank? I know you’re trying to make a statement but it DOES look much more powerful if its centered on your back - especially if its a big tattoo.