T Nation

Getting In on the Next Bubble

"BUBBLE #6 - GLOBAL WARMING
Fast-Forward to today. It's early June in Washington, D.C. Barack Obama, a popular young politician whose leading private campaign donor was an investment bank called Goldman Sachs - its employees paid some $981,000 to his campaign - sits in the White House.

Having seamlessly navigated the political minefield of the bailout era, Goldman is once again back to its old business, scouting out loopholes in a new government-created market with the aid of a new set of alumni occupying key government jobs.

AS ENVISIONED BY GOLDMAN, THE FIGHT TO STOP GLOBAL WARMING WILL BECOME A "CARBON MARKET" WORTH $1 TRILLION A YEAR.

Gone are Hank Paulson and Neel Kashkari; in their place are Treasury chief of staff Mark Patterson and CFTC chief Gary Gensler, both former Goldmanites. (Gensler was the firm's co-head of finance)

And instead of credit derivatives or oil futures or mortgage-backed CDOs, the new game in town, the next bubble, is in carbon credits - a booming trillion-dollar market that barely even exists yet, but will if the Democratic Party that it gave $4,452,585 to in the last election manages to push into existence a groundbreaking new commodities bubble, disguised as an "environmental plan," called cap-and-trade."

http://www.correntewire.com/great_american_bubble_machine_0

We all know that Obama works for Soros, Goldman Sachs, and the sundry other banks and investors from around the world (otherwise he wouldn't be there). So, how can we get in on the scam?

I know its immoral and that being a vulture crooning over a helpless victim/carcass is evil. But the world is now a beastial world of vultures and criminals (perhaps it always was), just as Ayn Rand predicted; so what's a person to do? Be a carcass or a vulture?

Ummm... buy stock in Goldman?

I don't believe this for shit, and I don't scare so easily. I don't think the deal is sealed with Global Warming, seeing how it barely passed in the House. This is a fine line, because the margin for improvement with global warming is not huge.

People's lives will not get exponentially better by spending a shit ton of money to cool the Earth a tenth of a degree (allegedly). The investment/reward ratio sucks in this, and I think with time people will see that.

Under the altruistic guise of 'everyone should have their own home', the Libs and the Banksters drained trillions from us. Now, under the guise of saving the earth from getting warmer (its cooling), we'll be shorn of more wealth. So, I guess the moral question is: vulture or carcass?

Why must the world be a 'Sophie's Choice'?

We don't happen to have a whole lot of that.

Hawk

Best eyesight in the animal kingdom.
Travel Solo.
Monogamous and territorial.

Or;

Harris Hawk

"It is one of the most remarkable birds of prey, because it has a unique behavior pattern. These birds hunt in family groups, in much the same way as wolves hunt in packs. Each group consists of a pair, with a dominant female, and several helpers."

; )