Getting Huge and Handsome

So I’m currently about 178lbs, going to try to drop down to 175. In the next few weeks. Then I am going to do this diet, and this workout.

Diet of Matt
12oz beef 96g
2 protein shakes 44g
2 6oz chicken breast 96g
2 cans of tuna 64g
1 gallon milk 128g
1 can beans 28g
A lot of oatmeal.
For a total of over 456 grams of protein.

Preworkout: Can of beans
Postworkout: 1 or 2 protein shakes, a lot of milk, a lot of oatmeal.
Before bed more milk, 12oz beef or chicken or 6oz each.

Supplements:
BCAA: 10g pre-workout 10g post-workout 10g before bed.
ZMA: before bed
Creatine 10g post workout
Chromium: before bed.
HCl: 1 to 2 with every meal.
Fish oil: 20g a day.

Workout

Monday
Super Set 1. Three sets
-Incline press x 6
-Bench press x6
-Dumbbell press x10
-Bench press bar only x-
Dead lift x10, x6, x4, x1 or x4 x3 x2 x2 x2 x1 x1
Super set 2. Three sets
-Face pull x8
-Cable row x8
-Pull down x8
-Bent over row bar only x-
Farmers walk x3
Dumbbell shoulder press 3x8
Crunches 3x-

Tuesday
Cardio Running, DDR, or olypticals at 40-60 minutes

Wednesday
Squat x10 x8 x4 x2
Benchpress x8 x6 x4
Pulldown x8 x6 x4
Facepull x8 x6 x4
Dumbell Shoulder press x8 x6 x4
Crunches 3x-
Hamstring curls x10 x8 x6
Legpress: 5 sets 5 second break between sets as many as possible as fast as possible.

Thursday
Olypticals, DDR, or bike 20-40 minutes

Friday
Benchpress x8 x6 x4
Pulldown x8 x6 x4
Facepull x8 x6 x4
Dumbbell Shoulder press x8 x6 x4
Crunches 3x-
Incline press x8 x6 x4
Dumbbell Row x8 x6 x4

Saturday
Cardio, Running, DDR, or olypticals at 40-60 minutes

Sunday
Olypticals, bike 20 minutes OR rest

Goal: GET HUGE HAPPY YET?
Goal 2: help my friend lose weight doing the same program.

Thoughts: This workout is designed around a friend who is looking to drop as much weight as possible. I promised/want to keep him company for the cardio days, I do not plan on busting my ass super hard those days. The big difference between us will be diet, and body weight, he is over twice my size. He will be doing the velocity diet, and taking HRX.

Final thought: I estimate one pound of muscle contains 450grams of protein, if I eat that much then it might be possible to turn that much into my muscle.

Questions: What needs improvement? Do those rep schemes look ok? Even though Metabolic Drive is a better protein, for this diet will it make a difference if I just use grow? What did I forget?

[quote]HunterKiller wrote:
Goal: Put on one pound of muscle a day for two weeks, stay lean.
[/quote]

Good luck with that one.

P+F or P+C Meals?
Calories?
Meal Structure?
Body Stats?

No offense man, read some T-Nation article about nutrition. Berardi’s got some killer ones.

Try using a proven fat loss program, you’ll see much better results.

[quote]glenmowen wrote:
P+F or P+C Meals?
Calories?
Meal Structure?
Body Stats?

No offense man, read some T-Nation article about nutrition. Berardi’s got some killer ones.

Try using a proven fat loss program, you’ll see much better results.[/quote]

P+C pre and post workout. P+F for all others. I have read up on nutrition, I thought this looked like good nutritionally. I have focused heavily on protein like this before. It was less diverse and heavier on the meat, eating 3lbs of meat a day, drinking juice for carbs, and two cups of milk. I am happy to add more to what I eat, think of what I posted as minimum. what else should I add? I am a talented cooker of stir fry, I can definitely add broccoli, green onions and some garlic. None taken I’m looking to get bigger.

The cornerstone of the weight loss in this program is based on the velocity diet, and Thib’s lactic acid training. We threw in the extra cardio to reduce total calories further. My friend exceed 360lbs in weight, I am certain that it will help.

Hope this gives you a better idea of my plan.

Even though I say I hope to gain a pound of muscle a day, I don’t really think I will. I just aim unrealistically high. Even if I reach a scant 50% of my goal I will still put on 7lbs of muscle.

Sorry man, you’re not gonna put on 7lbs of muscle in 2 weeks. It’s just not gonna happen. Focus on a more long term realistic goal, and work towards it.

[quote]conner wrote:
HunterKiller wrote:
Goal: Put on one pound of muscle a day for two weeks, stay lean.

Good luck with that one.[/quote]

haha. i had to go back and re-read and see if he actually did write that. geeez.

as a matter of fact, im going to do the same thing for a few weeks, then im going to back off a little bit, so that i only put on 1/2 a pound of muscle per day until around october.

btw, im going to be mr olympia next year as well. unassisted.

You body can only use so much, why dump all that everyday when your body can’t use it.

I want to be nice to you in this post, I really do. Having said that…

Get a freaking clue before you spin your wheels or possibly hurt yourself with this “plan”. If you spend any significant time eating 450 grams of protein at your size, without drowning yourself in water you are setting yourself up for big time health problems and I’m dead serious. You better have the 9 and the 1 dialed on your phone when you start pissing frothy foamy urine because your kidneys are failing rapidly on you(bye bye normal life). I am a big time proponent ofof skirting the line between effective and safe(because safe isn’t the best way to get there is it?) but you have crossed it and can’t even see it anymore.

If you think cutting 3 lbs(for what, to get da hawt abz?) then going on a crazy overeating plan to hopefully gain 7-14 lbs of muscle in two weeks while you Dance Dance revolutionize yourself is the answer then I’ve got news for you.

IT’S NOT GOING TO HAPPEN.

Your training program is ridiculous, you’ll feel pretty hardcore tri bi quad setting all your upper body workouts and get a great pump(because that’s what grows the muscle right?) but you won’t be going anywhere when it comes to moving up the muscularity food chain I’d put my bottom dollar on that one.

Why two weeks, what are your plans after that? Continue this insane bulker cutter bulker cutter bulker cutter butter culker routine over and over again and end up years down the road at 180? Or can we pick a basic program and milk it dry, use common sense about the diet to gain size and get realistic about our expectations? Can we do that please?

I want people to succeed with this I really do. The joy in their life when they make significant changes to themselves physically is one of the best things you get to witness when it comes to this lifestyle. What you laid out here is not going to get you there and however harshly I have to speak to get your attention I will do it, please please please spend some time thinking about what it is you should be doing.

just to reiterate a pound of muscle a day isn’t happening… this is completely unrealistic… even if the person in question is a genetic freak and using steroids id still place 14 pounds after two weeks in the doubtful category

dont u think if all it took to gain a pound a day was eating an ass-ton of protein more ppl would simply be using this protocol?

“Getting huge and handsome”

THIS IS NOT SOMETHING YOU CAN DO IN TWO WEEKS. Getting large and muscular takes years of commitment and planning. It’s not something you can decide to do on a whim and add 14 pounds of pure muscle in two weeks because you got the urge.

on second take, your post makes me hungry. i want a fucking medium rare steak.

i take nothing more from this thread. eating meat was the only good idea i saw.

Who gives a shit what I wrote in my goal section get off of it. I am disapointed in all of your childish behaviour.

I am looking for my workout and nutrition to be reviewed. If you have something helpful to say, please say it.

If not keep it to yourself.

did you really list DDR as a type of cardio

Who gives a shit what I wrote in my goal section get off of it. I am disapointed in all of your childish behaviour.

I am looking for my workout and nutrition to be reviewed. If you have something helpful to say, please say it.

If not keep it to yourself.[/quote]

You got something helpful. You said you hoped to gain 14 lbs in 2 weeks. I feel like it was helpful for someone to tell you that that was not going to happen and not to be disappointed when it didnt happen.

[quote]ncscarface wrote:
did you really list DDR as a type of cardio[/quote]

Yup! It is an incredible entertaining source of cardio. It has a workout mode that counts your calories have burned, I think I burn about 30-50k/cal a song. Each song is 1.5 minutes. so about 20-33 calories a minute is pretty intense.

[quote]Stronghold wrote:
HunterKiller wrote:

If not keep it to yourself.

You got something helpful. You said you hoped to gain 14 lbs in 2 weeks. I feel like it was helpful for someone to tell you that that was not going to happen and not to be disappointed when it didnt happen.[/quote]

Maybe I was in a bad mood in that post. I got a very snarky attitude out of those posts. I know I wont gain 14 pounds of muscle in 2 weeks, if I do well ill put on more like 5lb of stuff (mostly muscle hopefully). I have been lifting for 5 years if you check my profile, I put that in as a joke I did not think it would get this much nitpicking or attention. I have also changed my goal.

Sayeth the guy who listed DDR as cardio…

Shoot for a pound a WEEK.

You won’t fail as miserably.

Workout

Monday
Super Set 1. Three sets
-Incline press x 6
-Bench press x6
-Dumbbell press x10
-Bench press bar only x-
Dead lift x10, x6, x4, x1 or x4 x3 x2 x2 x2 x1 x1
Super set 2. Three sets
-Face pull x8
-Cable row x8
-Pull down x8
-Bent over row bar only x-
Farmers walk x3
Dumbbell shoulder press 3x8
Crunches 3x-

Wednesday
Squat x10 x8 x4 x2
Benchpress x8 x6 x4
Pulldown x8 x6 x4
Facepull x8 x6 x4
Dumbell Shoulder press x8 x6 x4
Crunches 3x-
Hamstring curls x10 x8 x6
Legpress: 5 sets 5 second break between sets as many as possible as fast as possible.

Friday
Benchpress x8 x6 x4
Pulldown x8 x6 x4
Facepull x8 x6 x4
Dumbbell Shoulder press x8 x6 x4
Crunches 3x-
Incline press x8 x6 x4
Dumbbell Row x8 x6 x4
[/quote]

Honestly, these look like a cluster fuck. It looks like you read Arnold’s Encyclopedia of Bodybuilding and a Chad Waterbury TBT article and smashed them together into a ridiculous amount of volume. If you have 5 years of lifting experience and think this is anything resembling a reasonable approach for any period of time, then I have to question what the hell you have been doing in the weight room.

My advice, don’t do anything that you wrote in your tread. There is no structure or proper balance in the way you intend to target your muscle groups. You are hitting the same muscles 3x a week doing the same exact exercises? Please read one of the MANY articles here on routines as well as the ones on nutrition. You are only 175lbs. and you’re eating 456 grams of protein? That’s not smart at all man. Your downing a whole can of black beans before you lift? What sense does that make? I like your enthusiasm and high expectations, but you need a proper diet and lifting routine to get where you want. It’s all on here man. Just look it up and then get to it.

Good luck man

Final thought: I estimate one pound of muscle contains 450grams of protein, if I eat that much then it might be possible to turn that much into my muscle.
[/quote]

ahahahahahahahahaha. oh man… that’s just funny

i think you forgot your workout looks like complete shit