T Nation

Getting Healthier, Bigger, and Stronger

@flappinit, I emailed you.

@T3hPwnisher do you think adding in conditioning to my workouts would make me hungrier? Just an idea.

It does for me. Usually my common suggestion for lacking appetite.

Thanks man. I’ll try it out. Anything you recommend?

Short and intense seems to do it more for me than long, drawn out sessions. I like the Crossfit Grace WOD (30 floor to overheads w/135lbs, you can scale as needed), and the prowler does a good job of doing it to me too.

I’m gonna go out on a limb and make a confession. The prowler should simply be called “the prison sex sled”. It pretty much rapes you.

Alright. Today was a good session. I hit a close grip floor press PR. Hit some assistance and got out.

CG Floor Press

45 x 2 x 5
95 x 5
115, 135 x 3
155 x 1
175 x 6 — PR!
135 x 5 x 10

Assistance — 5 x (Face Pulls/Tricep Extension/Band PA x 20) w/ light band.

Holy SHIT, today was a gut check. I am really, really fucking weak. I put on 3 pounds since last week even though I haven’t been able to force myself to eat that much, but I am still piss weak. Oh well, the remedy is more food/more gym time/less box squats. Fun fact: I have not been this weak since October of 2017! But, at least I know how to train.

Squat

45 x 2 x 5
135 x 5
185 x 3
225 x 1
250 x 1
275 x 4 — died in the rack on # 5
225 x 10 — a hard, hard set.

GM — 135 x 5 x 5
Chin-ups — 50
Ab Wheel — 50

Mid-back is still sore from deadlifts and apparently I forgot how to Squat. I’ll probably be back to where I was by summer.

Also, some kid a little smaller than me worked in with me and in 10 minutes worked up to an easy, beltless highbar triple with 355. I am jealous.

[quote=“liftangryordie500, post:140, topic:252177”]
worked up to an easy, beltless highbar triple with 355.
FML even I’m Jealous :frowning:

Yeah. Could have been me, haha. Whatever.

Asking for advice here: does anyone know any high calorie juices (not protein powder), just some stuff I can throw into a blender for extra calories? I’m having trouble keeping food down.

I’d think grape juice would be the highest calorie fruit juice. Whole mile would be a good source of calories and might coat the stomach a bit.

I bought some fairlife milk the other day and have been using it in place of regular milk. Higher protein, lower carb. Might answer the mail.

Cream is dense too.

Olive oil or avocado oil added to any juice would be quick easy calories if you don’t mind the cals coming from fat.

Blended oats and whole milk (If tolerated by your gut) if you wanted more carbs/protein.

Unfortunately, I am severely lactose intolerant! Imagine that. But, fruit juice sounds like a great idea. And, I already pour olive oil on everything. I also eat 3 avocados a day.

Apparently fairlife has some lactate enzyme in it to help with lactose issues. I’ve never been afflicted, so couldn’t tell you if it works.

I never had problems with Lactaid, so I might check that out. I also used to take the pills when I chugged milk nonstop to gain weight.

If you want to gain some weight drink Sweet Tea. Brew some tea and then dumb a bunch of sugar in there.

I will take that suggestion and follow it religiously.

I couldn’t find his log earlier but a TNation OG named bauber who was like 320+ swore by it.

Aussie Mark is up like 75 pounds bodyweight on the tea.