T Nation

Getting Healthier, Bigger, and Stronger

Hey man. @ChickenLittle asked me to check into this thread.

For now my recommendations would be to drop every single vegetable from your diet and only eat the follower for two weeks :slight_smile: your gut is super torn up and a lot of what you’re eating is making it worse. Also drop all caffeine except for green tea in the am. Drop the nuts totally as well. No more fruits either.

Beef, white rice, bone broths, and grass fed butter. Lots of it. With each meal I want you to take 500mg HCL and 2 grams taurine.

Add in 10g glutamine between meals so a total of 40-50 grams a day, and with that add in 3 mg Arginine.

After this we need to introduce things back into your gut. Your gut is detroyed from a combo of parasite and antibiotic.

We will get you fixed!

Thank you!

could you please explain why the taurine and the arginine?

@Yogi1 sure. Taurine helps with bile production and the Arginine between meals supports glucagon production.

Why are you trying to eat so much when your guts appear to be wrecked? I get that you’re trying to gain weight, but … why?

You can continue to train but I don’t see the why you’re trying to eat so much fiber and so much calories. Afaik, excessive fiber is not good if you have any sort of issues with your guts. Did your doctors tell you to eat so much fiber?

It must be frustrating to the extreme that you can’t do what you want to do, but often times the things we want to do is the opposite of what we need to do.

Dude stop lifting weights and go train MMA or something until your gut is sorted. mma is a great way to get your anger out/Train and not need as much food.

Message me on instagram if you need someone to talk to man

Well, i worked out today. Wasn’t worth much, but whatever

6 inch rack pull

45 x 10
135 x 2 x 5
185 x 3
225 x 1
250 x 1
275 x 1
295 x 1
315 x 1
335 x 1
365 x 1
385 x 1
405 x 0 - miss
355 x 4

GM — 225 x 3 x 3

Everything felt like death

Once the Antibiotics run their course you’ll be back in no time brother! Keep on fighting hard man, it’ll all be over soon enough.

Yeah, they’re done, lol. If I don’t need a second round (based on continuing weight loss/GI symptoms I think I might), doctor said it would take a while for symptoms to go away.

Alright. I’ve been nauseous and have had no appetite for the last 2 weeks, I just broke up with my girlfriend, and I’m down more weight. I’m going to miss her, but boy was she toxic. Had me wrapped around her finger. Waking at 160. Everything is getting worse, diet does not matter one bit. Sleeping is hard. Seeing the doctor Monday, thankfully. Just going to do some Dan John stuff until I get better, because the last place I want to be is in a gym.

Anyway, if you didn’t read my whole whining paragraph up there, I decided to break out the axle today. My strict press went DOWN. My axle deadlift was about where I expected it to be, didn’t use straps because I hate straps. Grip doesn’t seem to be a problem, I felt the axle slipping a bit but nothing major; my other muscle groups were done before that.

Axle Deadlift

135 x 2 x 5
185 x 3
225 x 3
250, 275, 300 x 1 — pretty easy
315 x 4 (no straps)
275 x 10 (straps)
255 x 2 x 1, 275 x 3 x 1 (no straps or belt here, got hard at the end — took 30 sec. between singles, form was pretty okay).

Axle Strict Press

25 x 10
45 x 2 x 5
75 x 3
95 x 3
115 x 3 (I grabbed the bar unevenly when I went to clean it, I’m considering making markings that show where the knurling/smooth divide would be on a regular barbell).

100 Decline Push-ups (4 x 25)

That’s it.

Strong two sessions…love the hard work you are putting in

Thanks man. Appreciate the compliment.

Hey buddy, is this a temporary dose to repair the gut or would you recommend this dose daily for general gut health? Any opinion on capsules vs powder?

I have had gut issues in the past but it’s much better at the minute after eliminating/restricting a few foods but do occasionally have some bad days.

@liftangryordie500 hope you don’t mind the questions in your log.

Doesn’t matter to me. Ask away, GI problems suck.

Well, just saw the doctor. We’ll see whether or not I need another round of antibiotics, but I’m not expected to make a full recovery for 2-3 months after I finish them. Either way, I have a long road ahead of me. At least I have an expected date.

The good news is that the weight loss I’ve been having should stop sooner rather than later, and the doctor also said that I need to make an effort to nourish myself (can you spell “weight gain”?). I probably won’t be better by prom, or even by my birthday, but there’s always next year.

At any rate, I’m gonna go home and eat. The foods I eat really aren’t doing me in anymore, it’s just my body doing me in regardless. Either way, I have to make sure I stay on top of my probiotic/enzyme supplements. Will be introducing bread soon.

@T3hPwnisher this is just a question I had about your latest blog post:

Do you find that your speed off the floor is compromised due to the fact that you exclusively do touch and go deadlifts? I know you generally implement a “rest pause” approach to solve that problem, but wouldn’t breaking all of your reps off the floor be better for increasing speed and strength off the floor?

I have used both in my training, but I’d like to know your opinion on the notion that dead-stop pulls primarily work your technique and power off the floor; while touch-and-go pulls primarily hypertrophy your hamstrings, back, and traps while strengthening your grip and lockout?

Hey man, saw your comment on the blog as well, I just can’t log on to that with my work computer, so I answer it less frequently.

I don’t find that speed off the floor is compromised. I find that strength and speed off the floor is more a product of set up, and making sure that is dialed in correctly. I used to deadlift with a squat stance, and in turn, I had a poor ability to really maximize my strength at the start of the pull. Bringing my feet in and rounding my upper back seemed to do the trick on that.

If a trainee lacks practice in executing the pull from the start, training that would be good, but as far as building the actual strength needed to break the bar off the floor, I don’t find floor pulling necessary for that. That strength can be developed with SSB squats, reverse hypers, rows, etc. And that last sentence is the thing to keep in mind; it’s not JUST your deadlifts that are developing your deadlift strength. I find the deadlift more a strength displayer than builder. It lets you know where you are lagging in your development, and what needs emphasis.

I AM a fan of employing chains for my deadlifting, which seems to help with speed development.

Alright. Thanks. That makes sense. With that in mind, here’s another question for you. Benching sucks, I don’t have access to a bench with safeties, and spotters at a commercial gym suck (they love to steal reps). I also don’t care about how much I bench.

With that being said, have you ever structured a training week like so:

Day 1 — DL/SQ
Day 2 — Light OHP + heavier tricep assistance work
Day 3 — DL/SQ
Day 4 — Heavier OHP + lighter tricep assistance work