T Nation

Getting Healthier, Bigger, and Stronger

Alright, I’ll do that. Thanks for the advice.

Is tendon/connective tissue weakness an issue with that as well? I know certain antibiotics can do that. Seen bad stuff for some athletes that way.

I didn’t find many articles with a direct link to it like fluoroquinolone. But some did mention it. Maybe @baumbodies could answer this for us. I think he’s a drug dealer (pharmasist)

@ChickenLittle I’m not a pharmacist. I work at a genetics-based nutrition company.

Sorry. I know somebody on here is, for some reason I thought it was you. Ooops!

Well, I’m 165 upon waking for the first time in a few weeks. However, I am still feeling like garbage. I am going to cut out beans from my diet (or eat minimal amounts of them) until further notice. I don’t need them. Maybe this will alleviate my gut problems…I have not eaten anything solid for 3 days (I purée everything now) and I still can’t finish using the bathroom. I don’t know what could possibly be trapped. Shit. No pun intended.

New diet (everything is puréed!)

Breakfast

• 4 cups mixed nuts
  • Fruit

Lunch

• 2 avocados
  • chicken

Dinner

• a lot of mashed potatoes

A lot of calories here. Close to 4500 calories and a fair amount of protein. Not optimal, but it should work. A LOT less fiber here than I am currently eating. (57 g. compared to 114 g./day). This should alleviate my current problems…

mmm chicken

I’m sure that it’s hard to stay positive when your feeling rough all the time but you gotta think about the things you are thankful for. Keep your head up man

Hang in there damn it! This will pass. Yeah, I know it’s hard right now but, one day you will look on back on this and be glad that you slogged your way through it.

It will take a little while for your stomach to calm down. I am not crazy about your food choices maybe you know what upsets it.
Can you eat rice? Like baby cereal rice. Four cups of mixed nuts just does not sound like a great idea to me. Sorry.

Can’t agree with this more.

Your very young and can do anything you want in life, just remember that although a few things in life are out of your control, the majority of things are. You make the decisions, you control your moral, you can make the changes needed to improve your situation. Again your young and have your whole life ahead of you, this stuff will pass. Obviously I don’t know everything you have going on, life is tough at times.

I’m also aware that hearing this stuff doesn’t help when your deep in the hole your in. Keep your head up and talk, talk to doctors, councillors, any one close to you. Get the help and support you need.

All the best.

Hey man I don’t have many friends myself. I have a lot of acquaintances and people I could phone to hang out with, but this is how I like to live my life - free from the drama and able to focus on things that matter like family and training. Real friends are rare, everyone has the potential to stab you in the back. I have seen it through the years. Work on building yourself, mentally and physical health. Seek help from professionals. Find a great woman if you haven’t already, that’s the only friend you will ever need. My wife is my best friend and the only person I trust 100% good luck dude time is a great healer be patient :+1:

Well, I’m having a hard time reconciling my fiber needs with my calorie needs. In fact, it’s pretty impossible to do. I don’t know what to do anymore. My nutritionist’s diet plan is impossible to follow.

What does the plan actually look like?

Okay. Here’s the basic outline of the plan. 3 meals per day, with vegetable juices and steamed vegetables (in that order) at lunch and dinner. One food (excluding vegetables) per meal. Meat can only be eaten 3 times per week. He promotes “systematic undereating”.

This, obviously, does not bode well for any kind of strength training I hope to do. This is why I wish to quit weight training. If I need to eat like this for the rest of my life in order to not be shitting lava/feeling like I just got hit by a truck, there is no point in me weight training.

With that being said, here’s the specific diet plan that I am following (although I am eating a LOT more than he lists out here, because what he lists out here totals to about 800 calories per day).

ALSO: why I think he may be a quack -

The psychiatrist maybe a good thing. There is literally no need for you to feel like you should end your life.
And why are you breaking up with your girlfriend?
Have you ever thought that maybe with your illness and this crazy ass nutrition plan that you could be severely deficient in vital nutrients, and that’s what is causing these thoughts?

Let’s see if we can get some help here.

Whatever it takes to get shit straight is what you need to do.

I ask @physioLojik if he would take a look at what is going with you. I think he may be able to give some advice and help with nutrition plan that may be better suited to YOUR needs.

What you are following might okay if you were a perfectly healthy monk living in the forest, but you have special circumstances.

How long have been fighting this before they actually figured it out? I know you have been sick for a long time.

I have been sick every single day since April of last year.

That right there is enough to battle on. Imagine how she would feel if you acted upon these thoughts. Find the strength to win this, for her and for yourself. I know what it’s like to want to leave the world. I battled bad depression for years after drug abuse. When I think back to them dark days I’m so glad I didn’t do nothing silly. I thought back then there was no way out. Now I’m over it and life is good again. Hang in there!

That is more than enough time to get all kinds of things out of whack. Hormone and nutrient wise. Shitting your guts out everyday tends to fuck things up! No other way to put it.
Half the battle was figuring out what caused it. The hard part is done! Now, you just need to get things back in working order. I’m mot saying it will be a cake walk, but it sure as hell won’t be as hard as the last 10 months. There is really no need to give up on yourself now! Not when things are about to turnaround.