T Nation

Getting Healthier, Bigger, and Stronger

Finally not eating like an underweight teenage girl. 5012 calories eaten today. Still hungry.

Better session today! I’ll take the Push Press PR. Left one or possibly two in the tank. Saving it for next time. Early AM session, too. Time to recover and start again come Monday.

Push Press

45 x 2 x 5
95 x 3
120 x 5
135 x 3
150 x 7 — PR

2-Board — 135 x 2 x 5, 140 x 3, 155 x 2 (easy)

Seated DB Tri. Ext. — 40 lb. x 2 x 10
Chin-up — 2 x 10

Feeling like shit today.

Clocking in at 162.1 pounds, on the dot. Don’t know how it’s possible for me to LOSE weight eating 5000 calories per day for a week now. I just can’t fathom it.

Hey bro, I’m in for this log. That’s the most amazing MyFitnessPal screenshot I’ve ever seen :joy:

I didn’t have a good squat session today. Did my box squats with better technique (balls to the box). It was much more difficult this way. Combined with the fact that I had only fruit in my system, my bowels were giving me hell, and that I am weak, this did not make for a good session. I also lost my confidence on the last rep of my squats, and failed it. It might have gone up as a real grinder if I didn’t lose my grip. Good Mornings weren’t feeling too hot either, so today was simply a bad day. They happen.

Box Squat

45 x 2 x 5
135 x 5
185 x 3
225 x 3
250 x 3
285 x 6 (7 went halfway up)

GM

135 x 5
185 x 3
225 x 3
235 x 3 x 5 (the bar constantly rolls down my back).

“Speed” DL

135 x 5
185 x 8 x 2

Dimel DL — 2 x 8 x 225
Weighted 45° Decline Sit-up — 3 x 10 x 45 lbs.

• when I deadlift beltless, my back looks a lot better. I may have to pull beltless from now on.

I am expecting my Box Squat to go up significantly as my weight increases/stomach feels better/technique gets dialed in. Still too skinny.

Balls to the Box is absolutely brutal, I hate them.

They certainly are different from regular free squats. Much harder.

Alright! So, feeling somewhat better today. Went in, had a decent session. I hate benching.

Bench

45 x 2 x 5
95 x 5
125 x 3
140 x 3
155 x 8 — failed 9 halfway up! Triceps are the weak spot. This also turned into a set of Spoto presses towards the end…I set the safeties too high.

3-board: 1 x 4, 1 x 3 + 1 @ 165 (missed last rep of set 2), 2 x 1 @ 175

4-board: 1 x 3, 1 x 2 + 1 @ 175 (missed last rep of set 2)

1-board: 1 x 155, 165, 175 (didn’t expect the 175, but I’ll take it)

Dips: 3 x 15
Chin-ups: 4 x 10

Deadlifting beltless on Friday. Looking forward to setting a new beltless PR with 335. If I’m still feeling okay on Friday, it should go well. My best ever beltless deadlift set is 335 x 3. Looking forward to beating that.

Glad to hear that.

Thank you.

I lied, I feel like dogshit.

Symptoms are back, in full force.

@T3hPwnisher what’s your diet look like?

Lots of meats and veggies. Immediate pre/post training I’ll have some quick carbs as well. Right now it’s just breakfast cereal. When I’m trying to gain weight, I’ll make it that with some fruit and honey as well.

I prefer beef when I can get it, but will otherwise eat chicken or pork. No fish, just because I don’t like cooking it.

I also add avocados when I’m looking to gain weight, and take them out when I’m looking to lose it.

Awesome. Thank you. Also, I won my Darwin Award.

I do not want to train anymore. A real gut check today. I found out that I’m weaker than I was in May! Feeling like garbage, but that is nothing new. I think I have more productive things to do with my time than this shit.

Deadlift

135 x 2 x 5
185 x 3
225 x 1
245 x 5
280 x 5
320 x 4 (no belt)

It turns out this weight is heavy.

SSB GM

Ramp to 250 x 3

Dimel DL

5 x 10 x 225

Ab Wheel - 5 x 10

What kind of antibiotics did they give you?

Paromomycin. Doesn’t make for a fun time. I think I’ve been holding weight, but I can’t control what comes out of my body. I spend all of my time in the restroom. Just took the last pill.

One of the side effects listed for this medication is muscle weakness. It’s just the medicine. Hang in there. Give yourself some time to get over this. It didn’t happen in day, and won’t be fixed in a day.

If you have to drop your TM it’s no big deal. Everybody on this forum has had to do it at one time or another, for various reasons.

If you took the last pill today just lower the weights for a couple weeks and keep going.