Getting Healthier, Bigger, and Stronger

i is confusion? new GF?

Yes. The old one actually crank called me yesterday and tried to tell me she was pregnant. We’ve never had sex. How idiotic is that?

1 Like

Wow stupid

2 Likes

Lol that’s fucking dumb.
On another note, am I the only one who calls them prank calls and not crank calls?

I call them both names. She called me from an anonymous # and tried to tell me she was pregnant. What an idiot.

1 Like

I can’t wait to deadlift today. I feel like shit, but I love lifting weights. It’s great, such an escape. But, I’ve taken to bringing extra underwear on my heavy days.

1 Like

Alright. Decent workout today. Had a PR set in me, didn’t take it because I wasn’t supposed to. Can’t wait to hit 375 x 6 next week.

Deadlift

135 x 2 x 5
185, 225 x 3
255, 295, 335 x 5
255 x 5 x 5

• 50 Ab Wheel
  • 135 x 5 x 10 GM

https://www.instagram.com/p/BvNIrJvgh1jAppJMwYP6cfiiAQm_M7eBnbGKdg0/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=1q8hdjp4ztmnu

Didn’t engage my lats on that first set. Back stayed slightly rounded throughout the first rep with 335, so it’s not a strength issue.

4 Likes

Alright. Early and fairly easy workout today. Gonna blow my load deadlifting 375 x max reps on Monday as per the program, so I kept assistance to a minimum. Hamstrings were also incredibly sore going into this. Thank the Good Mornings.

Press

45 x 2 x 5
75 x 3
85 x 5
100 x 5
110 x 5
85 x 5 x 5

• 100 Band PA
• 50 Chin-ups
• 35 lb. x 50; 45 lb. x 15, 20 Machine Tricep Ext.

Squat

45 x 2 x 5
135 x 5
185 x 3
195 x 5
225 x 5
255 x 5 (pretty okay, had 10)
195 x 5 x 5

• 5 x 7 Ab Wheel
• 70 lb. x 5 x 10 Curls

Finished everything in an hour. Going to try to fly through my workouts while the weight I can use is limited. Might as well improve my conditioning while I’m not fat.

6 Likes

always gotta blow the load on DLs ahaha keep it going strong

1 Like

@bigpappafrance Thanks man!

I’m pretty sure I’m going to lower my TM to 85% for deadlifts, just because I’m performing them touch and go and am thus using a heavier weight than I can rep out from a dead-stop.

I’m also going to squat far more often, and let that + hamstring + back + grip + ab stuff build my deadlift. Because I can squat heavy for high reps without dangerously compromising my technique (I can’t say the same for my deadlift), I believe that the Squat should be my main lower-body builder movement.

Assistance movements will be light, high-rep GMs; ab wheel, pull-ups (possibly weighted), grip stuff on DL days, and (of course) more squats.

Of course, deadlifts will still be practiced and pushed, just not as much as they were before. I’m also hoping a diet of squats will help me gain weight as my stomach heals. Heavy squats and peanut butter gained me 40 pounds in 3-4 months…hopefully they’ll help me put on 10-15 pounds fairly quickly. I can’t get too big, just because my stomach can’t be stuffed to the brim (diarrhea will happen).

1 Like

Alright, I’ve decided to actually make use of the $50 5/3/1 Forever book I purchased from Jim’s website. Using the Volume and Strength template listed there. I figure experimenting can’t hurt…I’m also going to try to get through everything within an hour. One caveat: since I could care less about my bench, I’m not benching. Subbing in the Floor Press, since I can do it anywhere and I have my own safeties I can set up. Here’s the plan:

• 85% TM

Day 1

• Squat — TM x 3-5*
  • Press — 5 x 5 @ SSL
  • DB Row — x 100

Assistance Circuit:

• Pushups x 50
  • GM x 25
  • Ab Wheel x 25

Day 2

• Squat — 5 x 5 @ SSL
  • Floor Press — TM x 3-5*
  • Deadlift — TM x 3-5*
  • Chin-ups x 50

Assistance Circuit:

• Pushups x 50
  • GM x 25
  • Ab Wheel x 25

Day 3

• Squat — TM x 3-5*
  • Press — TM x 3-5*
  • Deadlift — 10 x 5 @ FSL
  • Chin-ups x 50

Assistance Circuit:

• Pushups x 50
  • GM x 25
  • Ab Wheel x 25

*start with 50%, work up in 10% increments (1-5 reps per set)

5 Likes

I’m pretty excited for tomorrow. I found George Leeman’s explanation on why he wears his belt REALLY high, and since my pull mechanics are very similar to his; I think his cues will benefit me.

if i tried to follow your program my abs would die
it takes me a week to recover from the ab wheel alone and in addition, pushups, DL and squat and chins all hit the abs
lol, it has happened twice after squatting that my abs have cramped when i tried to put my socks on

1 Like

But…but you’re stronger than me

not fair to say that if you can follow your program :slight_smile:

That looks like a pretty solid 5/3/1 variation. How does the assistance circuit work? All the pushups, then all the GM’s, then all the ab wheels? or rotate through like 10/5/5 for 5 rounds? Also, are you up to standing ab wheel roll-outs? I can do 1 or 2 at the most, I have to kneel if I want to do enough to get training value.

1 Like

Yeah, it does look very solid. The assistance circuit would probably just be done in order. I have never tried to do standing ab wheel rollouts, and I’ve only really been doing direct abdominal work for a month or so (consistently).

Alright. Not horrible today. I just suck at pulling heavy weights. The good part is that I figured out where my sticking point is, and now I can attack it with ferocity. On a better day, 375 would have gone up, but it is what it is. Still waking at 160. Looking forward to next week’s deload, haven’t had one in a while. The new technique helped some.

Deadlift

135 x 2 x 5
185 x 3
225 x 3
275 x 1
295 x 5 (fast)
335 x 3 (felt heavier than it should)
375 x 0 (got to just below the knee)
350 x 3 (sloppy triple, but I figured I’d do something)
295 x 5 x 5

• 135 x 2 x 25, 1 x 10 RDL
  • 35 Ab Wheel

https://www.instagram.com/p/BvcmIUnAXYcrQr7VgB4mQjWbgO9xbem0T3NSKM0/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=1ow91t0m0p24m

5 Likes

Apparently I’m walking around at 167 pounds. A body weight PR. This measurement taken on a day that wasn’t particularly good, after training. I guess I’m getting larger. Finally.

5 Likes

Nice