T Nation

Getting Healthier, Bigger, and Stronger

You could, certainly. Being able to eat enough will certainly be a big help.

1 Like

Preach brother. Like I always say “consistency over time!”

1 Like

Yeah, I’m not signing up for that…workouts might be sporadic. Not feeling well once again. Oh well

Well, I decided to take last week’s session again because it was fucking horrible. This will be the first actual week of my cycle. Cleaned up my form some today, threw my traps at the wall and found a good belt placement for my setup. Feeling rough, and I haven’t gained weight. Still weighing 160 at wake-up. At least I did one thing correctly today. I wasn’t happy with my performance in the slightest, but I guess that’s why I’m lifting.

Deadlift

135 x 2 x 5
185 x 3 (felt heavy, knew I was in trouble)
225 x 3
250 x 1
275 x 3
315 x 3
355 x 4
275 x 5 x 5

• 1 x 50 KB Swings w/ 22 kg bell (25 left/right)
  • 50 Ab Wheel

That’s it.

3 Likes

At 160lbs bodyweight… this is nothing to complain about man. This is a damn good deadlift.

3 Likes

Even with my touch and go, cheater reps? :weary:

EDIT: seriously, I appreciate the compliment. Thank you.

1 Like

Dude, those were far from cheater reps. Those were great effort pulls, nice slow eccentric, tap the ground and re-initiate pull.

A lot of “dead-stop” sets I see out there, seem more like a series of singles strung together…

3 Likes

Thanks man. I appreciate the compliment, especially being that it comes from you; haha. On a better day, I would have had 6-7. I was actually going for 8. :pensive:

2 Likes

It is great going into a session with some goals for a top set, but you have to leave a little flexibility there. Stress, life, diet, sleep, etc. all have a huge impact on your training.

Last Friday I went in to do 5x5 at 60% of my squat max. I barely got my first set of 5, and then I just did very difficult doubles until I reached the 25 reps (last set was a triple). I am still feeling those squats today! I didn’t hit 5sets of 5 that I hoped for as I was just having a bad day, happens to us all.

I can’t remember the exact quote, but I think it was Paul Carter in the “Maximum Muscle Bible” book that he said training will have plenty of +10% days and -10% days. +10% days are the days you go in and just feel good and the weight moves fast, while your -10% days you feel like crap and everything feels heavy.

You just need to roll with it, because that is the truth about the sport of lifting heavy things! You got this man, stay consistent and keep your head up.

4 Likes

Thanks man. I don’t know what it’s like to NOT train sleep-deprived or under significant stress, so I’m hoping there’s more in the tank when I’m out of my current situation.

——————————————————

Press

45 x 2 x 5
75 x 3
90 x 3
105 x 3
115 x 3
90 x 5 x 5

• 50 Chin-ups
  • 50 Band PA + 50 Face Pull w/ LB
  • 50 Light Band Tri. Ext.
5 Likes

Some good work going down, keep at it at man!

1 Like

@Ironwarrior25 thanks! I’m trying, starting back slow.

——————————————————

Well, I really did expect much worse today. Not feeling good, but my Squat is back in halfway respectable territory.

Squat

45 x 2 x 5
135 x 5
175 x 1
195, 225 x 3
250 x 10 (1-2 in tank, recent PR)
195 x 5 x 5

SSB GM — 135 x 5 x 10
Strict Curls — (EZ-Bar + 15 pounds per side) x 50

I have to do another workout later today. Wednesday was a pretty easy pressing workout, so I should be fresh.

#startingstrength #welookdown

2 Likes

Workout 2, as promised:

Floor Press

45 x 2 x 5
95 x 5
135, 150 x 3
170 x 3
135 x 5 x 5

50 Ab Wheels
AMRAP Push-ups in 10 minutes: 160 (PR)

2 Likes

I’m going to have to remove assistance from my workouts, because I simply can’t recover from it. Case in point: my stomach is much worse today than it has been in a while, although the last week has been a buildup to this. Simply put, food is not staying in my stomach long enough to be digested. :+1:t3: I’m just going to have to troubleshoot training until I find something where I can at least slow the decline of strength I’ve been experiencing. But, either way I’m fucked; so it doesn’t matter that much.

Hopefully, I don’t lose any more weight. But there’s not much I can do anymore.

Well, I’ve decided I need to get psychiatric help. For the last few weeks I have been waking up 5 times a night, waking up in the morning exhausted, and it’s been impossible to concentrate on anything school-related. My stomach has also gotten considerably worse than it’s been in a while. My sex drive is pretty nonexistent, and I’m having constant suicidal thoughts. Last night, for the first time I had a dream that I jumped off the peak of the Verrazano Bridge. I can’t really go on like this.

4 Likes

Good call. Reaching out for professional help isn’t easy but it’s a hell of a big step in the right direction.

5 Likes

Agree with Mark. Gotta take care of yourself man, and there’s a reason folks have psychiatric jobs. If it were easy to do solo they wouldn’t exist.

1 Like

@MarkKO @mr.v3lv3t thanks guys. I don’t think I’ll regret reaching out.

You’ve done the right thing. Hope it all gets sorted man.

Yeah. My girlfriend is probably beginning to hate me, so I need to get shit sorted soon