Getting Fat from 12hr Intermittent Fasting?

The guy is 6’0 tall and 164lbs. He does not need to recomp, he just needs to add muscle, that will take care of the “extra” fat.

1 Like

Yes, you guys are both right. I guess recomp is the word i was looking for but i do need to gain muscle as a 164lbs for my height is a little thin. I dont want to get that Dad bod lol! All skinny with a big gut, terrible look. I was thinking IFasting would allow me to maintain/gain muscle but at the same time lose my gut. Other than losing weight is there any other health benefits of fasting? I have heard cognitive enhancement and cleansing organs, is that bs?

Stop thinking in terms of bodyweight. Unless you’re an MMA fighter or carry-on luggage, who cares how much you weigh? Eat right, lift hard, and eventually, you’ll be pleased with how you look and feel. At that point, get on a scale. Whether it says 164#, 184 or 144, that’s how much you’re ‘supposed’ to weigh.

Wouldn’t it be nice.

Don’t misunderstand–I know there are individuals who have achieved great results IFing. But then, there are people who’ve had success with low carb/keto, carb backloading, Carb Nite, carb cycling, IIFYM, weekly fast, vegetarianism…You get the idea.

If there was One Best Way to eat (and lift), we’d all be doing it.

C’mon man. Stop looking for magic bullets. Eat healthy, lift hard. Do both of these consistently, and in a few years you’ll look like a new man.

1 Like

That’s just to catch people that feel dumb and have stinky dumps, which is everybody at some point, but some people are downright disturbed by it.

Just keep it simple. Good food, hard work, nice sleep.

No idea why you’re fasting at all at 6’+ and 160ish. 5lbs of muscle will be life and physique changing for you. Try eating at a surplus.

How have you gained noticeable fat in 2 weeks on 1500 cals a day… You’re either eating way more than that (like ED said) or you just have it in your head that you’ve gained fat. I don’t know how you even survive on 1500 calories a day.

Also, 16:8 fast is pretty much the minimum for fasting from what I’ve read/done. 12:12 is pretty normal eating.

1 Like