Getting Drunk w/ Least Damage to Progress

[quote]Captnoblivious wrote:

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:

Alright bro. here’s the trick…

Most hard liquor is 65 cals an ounce. Just mix your hard stuff, with diet drinks…such as coke or tonic water.

If you’re a lightweight…mix your drinks weak. Put 1.5 oz of hard liquor and ice, in a 16oz glass fill with diet mixer of your choice

examples
vodka and diet tonic water and a lime

whiskey, I prefer bourbon and diet coke

Those low cal beers taste like piss water.

If you don’t booze much, what ever you do don’t get in a drinking comp with a hard boozing SOB…you will lose and feel awful the next day… [/quote]

Tonic has 124 cals in 12oz.

Might as well drink guiness like a man, at that point. [/quote]

I said diet tonic water or diet soda. Guinness is tasty and low calorie.[/quote]

Missed that.

I mean guiness is 200+ calories in a pint. But it’s delicious and has some antioxidants, or so I tell myself.

[quote]Gymjunkie4life wrote:
Ok i am gonna be drinking tomorrow night and i am guessing that a bottle of triple distilled vodka would be the way to go? any other things i should know if i want to recover quickly and do least amount of damage to my bodybuilding routine progress? Not drinking is out of the question! [/quote]

Drink like you are going to battle, or don’t drink at all.

…that said, vodka and soda (not tonic) has the least impact on your insulin. Real life stuff here, I know this from drinking with old business guys with insulin pumps.

I’ve tried it although it’s hard to tell the difference between using it and not given that I don’t binge drink often enough for a tenth of a pound difference in fat storage here and there to be detectable.

Dude, just go on the “drinking man’s diet”. It actually calls for hard liquor as part of your diet. The Drinking Man's Diet

It’s basically atkins, and it works for a lot of people in that they don’t get fat. Of course, not the greatest for building muscle either, but at least you can forego the gut.

Protein vodka - if it wasn’t the situation, I’d buy it. I don’t want to be associated with that douche in any way though.

[quote]austin_bicep wrote:
There are multiple alcoholics in this thread.[/quote]

haha, bro you’re just pist you can’t buy booze legally!

I prefer drunk and I’ve got the visceral fat to prove it! hahaha[/quote]

Lol I have 2 months to go!

And I’m right there with anyone binge drinking once a week. Trying to have fun.

http://www.efficientdrinker.com/

Check it out.

[quote]talldude wrote:
Dude, just go on the “drinking man’s diet”. It actually calls for hard liquor as part of your diet. The Drinking Man's Diet

It’s basically atkins, and it works for a lot of people in that they don’t get fat. Of course, not the greatest for building muscle either, but at least you can forego the gut.

Protein vodka - if it wasn’t the situation, I’d buy it. I don’t want to be associated with that douche in any way though.
[/quote]

lol at this product. I’m not surprised it uses peptopro although I wonder what debiterizer they use in addition to it, given that peptopro on its own tastes like what happens when I drink too much vodka. I didn’t see any mention of the actual protein content on the site although I assume it’s pretty minimal.

How long until we see a spill devoted to liquer+MAG-10 recipes?

[quote]theBird wrote:
My poison of choice is Johnny Walker Black mixed with Pepsi Max. [/quote]

What a waste of perfectly good scotch.

Drink, have fun. Continue with your training and nutrition like nothing happened.

haha, bro you’re just pist you can’t buy booze legally!

I prefer drunk and I’ve got the visceral fat to prove it! hahaha[/quote]

Lol I have 2 months to go!

And I’m right there with anyone binge drinking once a week. Trying to have fun. [/quote]

hell yeah!

[quote]Spartiates wrote:

http://www.efficientdrinker.com/

Check it out.[/quote]

I wrote this site w/ this audience in mind. For those who do check it out – please drop me some feedback thru this forum or the site itself.

The general advice is to stick to the hard stuff and the non-caloric mixers. And fwiw, clear liquors (steer clear of liqueurs) will leave you less hungover because they have less cogeners, ie. the organic compounds that seep out of barrels when aging.

I’m bored (uh oh) and feeling experimental. I strained my teres major pretty bad today which means the next few days will be unplanned off days most likely.

Experiment 1

Mixture: 1.25oz Kirkland Signature Vodka (I’ve heard it’s Grey Goose private label) combined with 5g hydrolized casein (known as VPro from here on while the plain vodka sample will be referred to as KSV).

Appearance: It took about 30 seconds for it to complete disolving to the point that it was completely clear, albeit with a slight yellow tinge.

Initial impressions: It has a vodka smell but more subdued and less aromatic. There’s a very slight funk in the smell which would be hard to identify if I weren’t so used to the flavor and smell of peptopro based workout drinks. This definitely lacks the floral bouquet of the unadulterated KSV.

5 minutes later: I’ve yet to taste the mixture yet but I’ve noticed that the longer I let the mixed vodka sample sit the more I notice that vodka bouquet returning.

Taste test: After trying a small sip of the pure KSV to set expectations I took a sip of the VPro. It tastes like thrown up vodka. As with pure peptopro though, while it does taste like vomit, it’s a mild vomit.

The next step is to try mixing it with things.

My initial thoughts are to try a Biotest concentrated flavoring since those seem to be made with debiterising agents and alternatively a more “natural” mixture of lemmon juice with a few drops of orange liqueur, i.e. an alcoholics answer to a lemon drop.

Any thoughts on which concentrated flavoring I should try for that sample? I’m thinking Berry most likely, especially since it’s my favorite in general, though orange might make for a better comparison to the other drink.

[quote]Dr. Pangloss wrote:

You called?

Everyone knows you’ve got to drink protein vodka when you go out.[/quote]

That stuff only has 2 grams worth of casein protein per shot. I wonder how much protein I can get out of a whole bottle.

[quote]___ wrote:

[quote]Dr. Pangloss wrote:

You called?

Everyone knows you’ve got to drink protein vodka when you go out.[/quote]

That stuff only has 2 grams worth of casein protein per shot. I wonder how much protein I can get out of a whole bottle.
[/quote]

Lots. Bioavailability = 0

[quote]Simon Adebisi wrote:

[quote]theBird wrote:

What a waste of perfectly good scotch.[/quote]

I agree.

Then what do you mix with your scotch?

I agree that black label is good enough to drink on the rocks. But I cant see
myself sitting at the pub with the mates sipping my scotch as they are downing
their pints.

What is the etiquette for drinking scotch on th rocks?

tweet tweet

[quote]Spartiates wrote:

[quote]Simon Adebisi wrote:

[quote]theBird wrote:

What a waste of perfectly good scotch.[/quote]

I agree.[/quote]

That okay boyz I mix Don Julio 1942 Tequila with grapefruit soda…my drink of choice, to much time in Puerto Vallarta picked it up as a habit. $150 tequila w $1.00 soda, rock on, to each his own.

[quote]Gymjunkie4life wrote:
Going out in byron since i live pretty close to it and everyone one els gets smashed so it sucks if im not as well. i also prefer to buy a bottle and just take a flast since its like $8 just for a fuckin extra dry!

wtf is tweet weet?[/quote]

How old are you btw?

I think vodka is the worst if you’re looking to feel good the next day.

I like all kinds of whiskey and for me it never gives me a hangover at all.

And asking what to mix with whiskey in a befuddles manner? I say good day to you sir.

I also think it’s OK to have a shot of whiskey every so often through the night if you’re at the bar and then stand there without your left arm on the bar and your right holding a beer bottle. Back when I was young (age 35) it seemed like women were a tad easier to talk to if you didn’t look like you were using a beer bottle as a crutch. Same with chewing gum. It’s OK to chew it, I like gum, especially bubble gum…but just don’t make it look like you’re chewing your cud.

Oh fuck me I’m giving advice about women in a drinking thread on a bodybuilding forum.