T Nation

Getting Down to 275 from 380

Well i guess ill start off by saying that about 14 weeks ago i use to weigh 380 pounds and as those 14 weeks have gone by im now down to 295 pounds and im still going strong ... im no expert in the gym what so ever but i do have a general knowledge of what im doing. my goal is to get to 275 pounds but from this point on id like to start to build serious muscle and im not very sure on how to accomplish that. i go to the gym about 5 times a week and i do mostly cardio stuff but i do lift most days as well, i just feel like im not doing enough or not doing the right things, if anyone could help me come up with a workout plan for working out 5 days a week that would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

James

I strongly recommend you pick a routine as written in this thread: http://tnation.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/sports_body_training_performance_bodybuilding/do_this_routine_instead_of_that_dumb_one

It is a simple and concise guide to some good workouts already designed and used with great success. Sounds like you have made a good start to the journey, good luck!

85lbs in 14 weeks is absolutely phenomenal. Great job.

Starting Strength may be a good one for you because it won't take up too much time, and it'll give you some practice with the big lifts

James, for a variety of health reasons I might focus on just eating well and continually upping performance in the gym. You are primed right now to take advantage of "newbie gains" and shed an incredible amount of fat and build scads of muscle at the same time because you are so new and probably were quite sedentary before lifting.

Focus on gaining strength in the gym to keep/build muscle, and focus on continuing to eat well 90-100% of the time and the gains will come. I was focus on getting down to well below 275 until you start working on active weight/muscle gain again.

http://www.T-Nation.com/free_online_article/sports_body_training_performance/the_one_lift_a_day_program