T Nation

Getting Depressed, Lack of Gains. Critique Plan

Stats:
Age 20, 5’11, 76 kilos.

3 rep max-
Benchpress 195-205lbs
Squat 235lbs
Deadlift 275lbs.

I am an eggetarian (lacto ovo vegetarian) at home but i go out at eat 150-175grams of boiled chicken after working out.

Current Diet:

Breakfast
40 grams oats
3 boiled egg whites + 1 whole egg

Lunch

100g brown rice
Omelette made out of 2 egg whites + 3 whole eggs and olive oil
(Approx values -
Fat 19.42g, Carbs 1.64g, Protein 26.06g)

2.5 hours later i have my black coffee as preworkout
Post workout 30grams glucose

30 mins later
150g boiled chicken

10.30pm
3 boiled egg whites + 1 whole egg
35g oats
12 midnight - 1 glass skimmed milk

1.30am
160g cottage cheese made from skimmed milk

Approximate breakdown of macros:
135grams protein
175g carbs
50g fat

Supplements:
1g fish oil capsule
Over the counter multivitamin like supradin - 2 pills daily
50mg zinc sulphate
500mg vitamin C
Vit b complex

My only concern is that I have consistently been gaining strength over the last year, but muscle size barely increases.

Here is the workout i have been following so far
https://www.muscleandstrength.com/â?¦/4-day-power-muscle-burnâ?¦

And this is the workout i plan on following next:
https://www.muscleandstrength.com/â?¦/6-day-powerbuilding-splâ?¦

Please critique me and tell me how I can work on hypertrophy, and focus on size gains.
Thanks in advance.

I don’t think you have anything to worry about. I know guys who are benching what you deadlift for 3 sets of 5 and aren’t very big. That comes down to training and genetics.

I ain’t exactly strong or intelligent for that matter but I would just say you ain’t training hard enough. According to some of your other posts(most of which happen to fall under the steroid section of the forums), you’ve been training for 2 years “seriously”. Your current lifts are simply unacceptable for 2 years of “serious” training.

Perhaps, stop thinking bout using gear and actually start thinking about how you’re currently training. I’m 17 turning 18, 5’9, 78kgs and I’ve been training slightly over a year and even my numbers surpass you. There are tons of teens stronger than me, way stronger than you. Start training harder.

Approximate breakdown of macros:
135grams protein
175g carbs
50g fat

You can increase carbs and fat by a lot, your macros look like they might be under 2000 kcal a day? I’m no mass monster and I lift 3-4 times a week and sit at a desk all day and easily eat 3k a day for maintenance.

The funny thing about it is that i still gain weight, but its usually just fat.

Either that, or i tend to lose a lot of muscle when i cut down

You probably have a low base strength to begin with. You need more volume and a constant overload for more than a few weeks. Find a program that takes into account tonnage and intensity manipulations to break plateaus

Up your protein and get on a Dan John program…

You’re the guy who claimed to be in some elite coaching group where the coach provides everything from training to nutrition. So why are you asking us?

[quote]Drice21 wrote:
You’re the guy who claimed to be in some elite coaching group where the coach provides everything from training to nutrition. So why are you asking us?[/quote]

I was part of that group for 6 months, my strength gains were through the roof, my squat increased from 195lbs to 265lbs, and deadlift from 205lbs to 295lbs.

However, i left because i wasnt gaining as much size as i wanted.

I got into bodybuilding for size, and to look better.

I understand that its a slow process without steroids, and i have shitty indian genetics but I need to see some noticeable size gains.

Plus that kinda coaching is expensive as fukk, cant afford it for too long

Your links to the workouts aren’t working (it may be due to my work computer). What your workouts look like play a big part in the kind of gains you see.

I think the simplest solution when the problem is gaining weight is to eat more. So increase your calories by 10% and stick with it for at least a few weeks. If it doesn’t make a difference, then keep increasing by another 10% until it does.

Regardless of what else you’re doing, if you eat more, you’ll gain weight. So eventually, if you keep upping your calories then more weight will come.

The easiest way is to simply increase your protein like rampantbadger said. It’s possible that you’re already getting enough protein, but you can keep everything else the same and simply get larger portions of chicken and add another egg to your breakfast and lunch.

Or you could just add a protein shake and keep everything else the same. From personal experience, adding a protein shake really made a difference for me.

But if it makes you feel better, you can increase all your macros with the same ratio you were already using, as long as the calories increase.

If you start to gain more bad weight than good weight, then tweak your macros.

Wow, those are your stats WITH gear? Why did you choose to start cycling WAY too damn early? Are you still cycling?

[quote]hairydinkbrah wrote:

[quote]Drice21 wrote:
You’re the guy who claimed to be in some elite coaching group where the coach provides everything from training to nutrition. So why are you asking us?[/quote]

I was part of that group for 6 months, my strength gains were through the roof, my squat increased from 195lbs to 265lbs, and deadlift from 205lbs to 295lbs.

However, i left because i wasnt gaining as much size as i wanted.

I got into bodybuilding for size, and to look better.

I understand that its a slow process without steroids, and i have shitty indian genetics but I need to see some noticeable size gains.

Plus that kinda coaching is expensive as fukk, cant afford it for too long[/quote]

The reason why you aren’t big is because you aren’t that strong relative to other weightlifters. a 295lb deadlift is strong for a girl, but a guy should be able to get that in 3 to 6 months with a dedicated program. Like I told you before but you don’t want to accept for some reason, I know people who are much stronger than you who are still pretty small. I know a guy who deadlifts 700lbs and has chicken legs. I know someone who benches 300 for reps and has tiny arms and chest. Genetics and your training play a big part. Stop blaming other people.