T Nation

Getting CUT!

Nope, not dropping bodyfat, I mean circumcision! Yep, I’m getting it done on Feb. 6th and I’m really fricken nervous! Just wondering if anyone has had it done as an adult and if so how did it go?
I’m also in a bit of a dilemma because I’ve started dating someone recently and I haven’t told her about it yet.Not sure how she’s gonna react.Not to mention I won’t be able to have sex for 6 weeks post-surgery!

WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING???

Bro, you better have a damn good reason for doing that- like cancer of the forskin or something.

Other than that, I can’t imagine a reason why anyone would want to do that, but whatever floats your boat, I guess…

Why?

Why?

Why?

i got that done…when i was a friggin’ baby!! what is going thru you’re mind man??

Ha Ha! Yeah, there is a good reason! Basically my foreskin is so large I can’t wear condoms.They’re very difficult to get on and once it is on it’ll start to fall off within a few minutes into the act.I’ve tried larger condoms and they work a little better but I still can’t trust them.

This is a decision I’ve made after about 10 years of consideration and I’ve finally worked up the balls to do it.It’s also been 10 years of having to be extremely careful of who I sleep with and giving up alot of chances to be with some beautiful women!I’m not doing this so I can bang every girl I meet.I just want to have the option if I happen to meet a girl I really like.
If I were married or in a long term relationship I wouldn’t care, but I don’t know when I’m gonna find “Mrs Right” and I don’t want to be celibate until then.

Is circumcision absolutely your only alternative?

MD - Well yeah, or I can just have unprotected sex. :slight_smile:

I’d just like to politely ask everyone to not try to talk me out of this.It’s not a decision I’ve made on a whim but something I’ve thought about for a long time. I really believe this will change my life for the better.
I really just posted this so I could get some input from someone who has had this surgery as an adult.

I’m not trying to convice you not to have the procedure done, but did your doc tell you many men circumcised as adults report a significant reduction in sexual pleasure, changes in sexual response and arousal patterns?

I’m aware of the risks and believe me, they are not taken lightly.They are risks I am willing to take.
Here’s an article.

"A common misperception is that infant circumcision is preferable to adult circumcision because it spares a man pain and trauma. Many physicians however say the opposite and critics admit that most of their objections to infant circumcision cannot be applied to the adult procedure. Here’s why:

More precise with better outcome :
Circumcision of an adult can be more precise and less risky than for the infant. This is because the adult penis is fully formed. Many plastic surgeons operate on the penis in the erect state because this way it is clear to what extent the skin is stretched during erection. In the infant, this more precise method cannot be employed. Also, based on the knowledge of his own penis, the adult patient can specify how much tissue to remove, the infant cannot. In terms of how much tissue to remove, there is much more guess work involved in the infant and often too much skin is removed. In adult circumcision precise instruments are used. In the infant, usually more cumbersome and less precise instruments like the Gomco clamp are used. The results of operating on a fully formed penis, in the erect state, with precise instruments by a trained surgeon, benefit the adult and not the infant.

Reduced risk of injury: For the same reasons mentioned above, injury to the penis is less likely in adult circumcision than in infant circumcision. It is less likely that too much or too little tissue will be removed and the chances of lacerating the glans itself are also minimized. Scarring is also reduced in the adult.

Reduced loss of sensitivity: Because in the adult, the penis has had many years to develop with a foreskin covering, the glans is fully sensitive at the time of the circumcision. The glans has grown with its protective covering and the foreskin has already separated naturally from the glans. This spares the adult some of the sensitivity loss that occurs when circumcision is performed at birth. At birth, the foreskin must be torn away from the glans to which it is normally adhered. Then, the denuded glans of the infant spends much time exposed to caustic urine while in diapers. In adult circumcision this early damage to the glans is avoided.

Personal choice : With adult circumcision the patient is making a personal choice to have himself circumcised. He has the option of comparing the pros and cons and has had the opportunity to know what having a foreskin is like. This eliminates the “lack of choice” objection made by critics. With elected adult circumcision, critics see no violation of rights.

My dad had it done in his 50s. The recovery was unpleasant. Any chance they can could just take a little off the top?

Of course, I don’t blame you for not wanting to face a life of celibacy, Uncle B, but it sounds pretty radical just to be able to wear a safe.

Then again, I’m the proud owner of a vagina so what do I know?

It sounds like you’ve informed yourself concerning the subject. I hope you will be one of the men who doesn’t experience diminished sexual pleasure.

Get a vasectomy.

oh man that sucks, how the fuck are you supposed to get an erection with the thought of a knife heading its way?

my friend had it done back when he was 15-16 (for sanitary reasons) and he said the tip gets really sensative (in a good way) for the first few months, but after that it loses its sensativity cuz it rubs against your underwear and pants all day.

I’ve heard that “cut” men experience up to 30% less sensation.

If I were you, I would look into alternate contraceptive methods.

That’s all. I’m not trying to “talk you out of it” that’s JMO.

Dan “heheh. He said ‘contraceptive methods’” McVicker

My friend had it done when he was 18. His father also had it done at the same time (He’s in his 50’s).

He is glad he did it, as he prefers the new look. But the recovery was painful, and he has lost some sensitivity. But overall, he said he would do it again.

It’s done! Had the surgery yesterday.It actually wasn’t that bad.They knocked me out and the next thing I knew I was waking up and it was all over with.

I’m really surprised at how painless it is.I took a Tylenol 3 before bed last night and haven’t taken one yet today but I feel fine. No pain at all.I had a little trouble with pee hard-ons last night and there was a little bit of bleeding but nothing major.
I can take the bandage off tommorrow when I take a shower.
I don’t think I’ll have any trouble with reduced sexual function as MD mentioned.When I saw that picture of the girl in Reader Mail I could feel myself getting aroused so I had to get rid of her real quick! :slight_smile:
I’m so glad to have this over with and really looking forward to trying out my new hammer :slight_smile:

By no means is this an insult to your personal hygiene, but ladies have told me that cut guys have an edge. Some ladies just wont go down on uncut guys. Apparently, theres an oily, basement-mold smell that comes with guys who dont clean enough under thehood, so to say.

So now you`ve got that less to worry about.

And that 30%…

1. How do you percentize feelings?
  2. My guess it`s just the surface of total contact skin you lose in the process.

UB…congrats on the successful surgery!

It takes big, hairy cohonas to do what you did…all the respect!

On a seperate note, don’t mind the folks yapping about the sensitivity issue. I’m a Jew, and me and my tribe all had the nip and tuck done at birth…and as you can see, we still breed (with great enthusiasm) like it’s our job.

30% less sensitive my ass…

Yeah, I’m really not that worried about loss of sensitivity.I’ve always felt I got most of the pleasure from the “head” anyway.As it states in the article I posted above, there is actually an advantage to having it done as an adult as there is far less tissue damage.And yeah, it is cleaner to be cut.I would never have let a girl go down there before if I hadn’t washed within a couple hours.Definitely not after urinating.It’s kinda nice to not have to worry about that anymore.

I just got off the phone with the girl I’m dating and I told her the news.I never told her I was getting it done.She was kinda shocked but she understood.All is well! :slight_smile:

Save yourself some money and do it yourself. Theres some great sites out there. Its not that hard.